Pit bull kills 5-year-old girl.

cyphercat

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 06:02 pm
And then before you know it, there's no more Patiodog! Crying or Very sad Where will the madness end?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 06:26 pm
Why is there a ham on your head patiodog?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 06:31 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

Pitbull bait.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 06:42 pm
Bring 'em on. I might be skinny, but I am fearless.

Unless there's something scary around, like a vacuum cleaner or a drunk woman in a big hat.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 06:49 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

Pitbull bait.

THAT IS JUST SO CRUEL!

AND WRONG!

I'M GOING TO REPORT THIS!

HOLD ON PATIODOG OLD BUDDY! I'M COMING WITH HELP!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 3 Jan, 2007 06:57 pm
Don't bother. Just sit back and enjoy the slaughter.

(That dog actually did get attacked when she showed submission to a pit bull in our neighborhood, but it was very quick and not at all severe. The owners of the pit bull later got arrested for repeatedly kicking in the head of the guy who lived downstairs when he knocked on the door to complain about the noise. (The guy's brain-damaged now, part of Madison's fairly large net of people who can't quite be left to take care of themslelves -- a net which presently includes the care of a few dozen pit bulls that belonged to a breeding operation for (allegedly, I must add) dog fighters.

Don't tell the litte dog the odds. She's a brave girl, but not very bright.)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Jan, 2007 11:27 am
patiodog wrote:
Did so!

Quote:
Was at the dog park earlier today

No, it was obviously natural behavior for a kid that age -- which is why a kid that age doesn't belong outside arm's reach in an open muddy field with two dozen strange dogs of varying sizes and temperaments.

Well I can't read! Sorry - that's what I get for multitasking
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 05:33 pm
Pit bulls should be eradicated. The dog should not exist.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:13 am
tryingtohelp wrote:

I feel the same way about liberals. Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 07:23 am
tryingtohelp wrote:

Neither should pedophiles, or liars or cheaters or...humans made the dog the way it is. Don't blame the dog.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 08:36 am
tryingtohelp wrote:

Uneducated and ignorant statement.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 11:00 am
The insurance companies for your home do not think that. If you have a pit bull they will not insure you.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:17 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:
The insurance companies for your home do not think that. If you have a pit bull they will not insure you.

I'm pretty sure it's more along the lines that the folks with the pits got them because the insurance company wouldn't cover contents to begin with.

Many insurers are trying to do the same to gun owners. The NRA and I are trying to make sure they don't do business any longer period.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:32 pm
Naw, it's a liability thing, and it's not just pit bulls. Depending on the insurance company, pits, Doberman's, Rottweillers, German shepherds, and even some herding breeds (e.g., heelers) might not be insured or might be insured at a higher rate than a pointless dog like a pug or a Shih Tzu.

I've got two dogs of mixed lineage; when we finally get around to getting renters insurance we're going to be a bit selective about how we report their breed.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:53 pm
Quote:
we're going to be a bit selective about how we report their breed.

So when the mutts bite someone, the insurance company will refuse to pay and you'll then be sued.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 12:56 pm
Yep. And your point is?

I only want the insurance to protect our stuff.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 01:01 pm
tryingtohelp wrote:

Not true. Your premium may go up. They may decide to not insure you. But it's not a fact that they won't. And it isn't just pits.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 01:29 pm
So you get a dog to protect your stuff and your family because they won't insure you if you have a gun and then they say you can't have the dog either because it MIGHT bite someone.

What kind of insurance companies are you dealing with? Time to rethink your options - or move.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 01:43 pm
cj, we agree on something. Shocked

:wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 01:46 pm
I won't do business with one well known insurance company with a liberal sounding name particularly for their stance on these issues, even if they come in low bidder.
0 Replies