My husband looks at soy

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 04:59 pm
Dear Cypher, I justwant you to know that - its true, you have to be carefulit can mean different things. YOu really need totalk about this with him.Dont give up on him yet, you can help him, but I wont lie to you,it canbe a problem.I am only saying this because I,too, was like him.I had a phase in my life,when I was younger still, that I suddenly became worryinglyinterested in soy.It started out with alittle nibble here and then,I thought I was just 'trying things out'and that that was just healthyand natural for a man my age, I mean, we live in a modernage,its not the fifties anymore,men can eat soy.But soon Iwas lookingat soy sites,and lookingup endless soy recipes and printing them out -I even had a self-made bookletwith soy recipes!!! I am just telling you,you ARE right to be worried,I was eating soy morning noon and night as they say,my friends started to notice and make jokes about me,so I didnt see them anymore and instead started meeting these soylover e-groups that would get together for informal meetings called things like SOYlicious.My wife, for her it eventually became too much, she said that when I came homelate at night I smelled of soy,and because I felt she didnt understand whathad become really important for meI couldnt really talk to her anymore.She left and we had a horrid divorce,but what I have logged on tosay to you now is IT DOESNT HAVE TO END UP like that FDOR YOU!! You see,one day I met this person,and he told me about how there are many men who have let the internet catch them all up in this soy thing - you are NOT alone there are MANY!! And so they told me all about this de-soying program they have they call it D-SOYLED,and I think you should check it out. Talk with your man now before he really loses his way and say that you will be there for him IF he vows to de-soyl himself and not just primise it but seek help.I have still not found a new woman but I am now completely soy-free,I never look at it anymore even the thought of the taste of soy in my mouth makes me gag.So he too can get over it!! You need to stick tight and work this out and I just wanted to tell you about this, so you are warned but also so you are still in time and he doesnt end up losing his friends and woman and job and house like I did. Peace and God Bless,
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 05:18 pm
Are Soylents always green, do you think?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 05:27 pm
Not to be serious, but for Bill, here are some links to get you started on your trip to flavonoid derived homosexuality - People make some presumptions from the first information, and shouldn't be all skeered, as shown in the second.
http://www.isoflavones.info/what-are-isoflavones.php
http://www.sciencenews.org/pages/sn_arc97/12_6_97/fob1.htm
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:16 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Shocked Is any of this not satire? I've never heard of such a thing.

(Bad me...I didn't think anyone could have missed the sixty-two seperate threads about the "soy will make you gay" thing... <giggle>)
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:29 pm
nhimph, thanks so much!! <sob> Perhaps someday we can join the many, many, tens of people D-SOYLED has helped. You've given me a shred of hope, but still, I'm afraid by then he may be too far gone-- at some point I would think you'd be so full of isoflavones that you'd be permanently gay. I mean, I'm just a layperson, so I'm just guessing.

Chai Tea wrote:
next thing you know, you're sitting in a circle with a bunch of other guys shaking up cartons of soy milk and letting the foam fly.

Disgusting!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:35 pm
cyphercat wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Shocked Is any of this not satire? I've never heard of such a thing.

(Bad me...I didn't think anyone could have missed the sixty-two seperate threads about the "soy will make you gay" thing... <giggle>)
Hadn't notice any of them. <shrugs>

Thanks Osso. I was only concerned because I'm somewhat addicted to Soylent Green.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:43 pm
Oh, I don't think you need to worry-- Soylent Green is very manly.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:53 pm
I heard your husband not only put soy in his mouth, but he swallowed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:54 pm
More vitamins that way.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:56 pm
Pray do not turn this thread juvenile, Mr "Doo Hoo" (if that is your real name).
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 06:58 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Pray do not turn this thread juvenile, Mr "Doo Hoo" (if that is your real name).

All my apologies for making your very mature thread take a wrong turn, Mrs. Cleaver.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:00 pm
On a side note; I wonder why no product has ever been called Soylent Green (yet)? Imagine the free advertising it would receive.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:00 pm
That's better, you hooligan. Although I didn't seem to hear anything about what a lovely dress I'm wearing today. *ahem*
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:01 pm
me and squinney eat soy together.... it's really spiced up our relationship....
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:05 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
On a side note; I wonder why no product has ever been called Soylent Green (yet)? Imagine the free advertising it would receive.

I've thought the same. Maybe too many people would construe it as negative advertising-- you know how fussy people can be about cannibalism!

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
me and squinney eat soy together.... it's really spiced up our relationship....

Bear, I wonder if you've heard about D-Soyled, the support program to help you renounce your tofu habit? They teach you all about how the love of Jesus is much more rewarding than the love of fermented beancurd.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:05 pm
What does it mean if I got hard reading Nimh's post, that is IF I got hard which I am not saying I did, but I did have cause to share a soydog with a completely casual aquaintence not too long ago and, completely innocently I assure you, we both agree that it was the best soydog we ever had BUT that we preferred the ALL BEEF Swift dogs with sauerkraut and hot mustard.

It was at Yankee Stadium so that should count for something.

Joe(we both had beers)Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:09 pm
I suppose I'll never be truly feminine, as I haven't partaken of soydogs.

Yet.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:09 pm
The Church of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter can turn that man around. We are familiar with addiction to artificial food products. Send him to us (along with a check) and we'll have him cured in no time.

Remember: Anorexia 12:10

Quote:
"When thou sittest to eat with a soyer, consider diligently what is before thee:
And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite."

Ahem.

Sincerely,

boomerang

Keeping it holy for a while now, I think.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:30 pm
Gosh, that sounds perfect, Boomerang! I completely forgot you are a member of the clergy.

I'm a firm believer in using religion to suppress desire, it's a time-tested solution!

Joe(soyboy)Nation, you can't get help until you come to grips with that veggiedog.

<snicker>
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 07:35 pm
My hominy is looking good...

But, Soy, I wish I knew how to quit you.
0 Replies