joefromchicago

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 01:38 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
There is no requirement that my opinion need agree with your opinion, which is what you are doing, in my opinion.

Yet another opinion unsupported by any evidence.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 01:45 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
There is no requirement that my opinion need agree with your opinion, which is what you are doing, in my opinion.

Yet another opinion unsupported by any evidence.

Try common sense, maybe that'll work for you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 02:00 pm
No, common sense does not work here. You must provide evidence for every opinion you have. Well, I mean if you have any conservative leanings that is. If you are a liberal, you get free reign to spout off about whatever crap you want and you will be praised for it.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 02:09 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Thanks, but I tend to put little faith in the endorsements of those who have shown no inclination to use that which they are recommending to me.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 02:46 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

Thanks, but I tend to put little faith in the endorsements of those who have shown no inclination to use that which they are recommending to me.

Very good, what a witty retort, even if has nothing to do with anything being discussed. Here, have a nice shiney change the topic to me badge.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 02:47 pm
McGentrix wrote:
No, common sense does not work here. You must provide evidence for every opinion you have. Well, I mean if you have any conservative leanings that is. If you are a liberal, you get free reign to spout off about whatever crap you want and you will be praised for it.

Oh well, we can always hope, it is the season of peace & hope after all. Smile
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:29 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Here, have a nice shiney change the topic to me badge.

Thanks again, but it seems to be attached to you at the moment.
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 04:47 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:
Here, have a nice shiney change the topic to me badge.

Thanks again, but it seems to be attached to you at the moment.

<smooches>
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 07:51 pm
Focus on the Family expressed its disapproval over Mary Cheney's pregnancy, with analyst Carrie Gordon Earll arguing that "conceiv[ing] a child outside" of a heterosexual marriage is not "a good idea" because "[l]ove can't replace a mother and a father," while Bill O'Reilly devoted a segment to the "controversial" family-to-be. However, Focus on the Family and O'Reilly both criticized Sen. John Kerry in 2004 for allegedly invading Cheney's privacy when he mentioned her sexual orientation during a presidential debate.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 07:53 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Focus on the Family expressed its disapproval over Mary Cheney's pregnancy, with analyst Carrie Gordon Earll arguing that "conceiv[ing] a child outside" of a heterosexual marriage is not "a good idea" because "[l]ove can't replace a mother and a father," while Bill O'Reilly devoted a segment to the "controversial" family-to-be. However, Focus on the Family and O'Reilly both criticized Sen. John Kerry in 2004 for allegedly invading Cheney's privacy when he mentioned her sexual orientation during a presidential debate.

gawrsh....imagine that.
0 Replies

LittleBitty

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 11:12 pm
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I have answered all of your questions, from what I thought were serious to the inane. You can draw from those answers what you will.

LSM,

I don't know why you bothered to answer some of these people. You're a bigger person than me; they didn't deserve your time. I see that many of them dug up Pelosi just the bait you. That's pretty sad.

Hang in there. Some of these folks seem to be trying, and the balance may never be worth debating you know?

blatham called this one right, great thread title!
0 Replies

LoneStarMadam

Reply Thu 7 Dec, 2006 11:34 pm
LittleBitty wrote:
LoneStarMadam wrote:

I have answered all of your questions, from what I thought were serious to the inane. You can draw from those answers what you will.

LSM,

I don't know why you bothered to answer some of these people. You're a bigger person than me; they didn't deserve your time. I see that many of them dug up Pelosi just the bait you. That's pretty sad.

Hang in there. Some of these folks seem to be trying, and the balance may never be worth debating you know?

blatham called this one right, great thread title!

Well thank you LB, I am glad that you see this thread in the spirit it was meant. Smile
As for these people, I will just keep trying, maybe they'll see that while we agree on very little politically, that I still respect their opinion, & hope they can reciprocate. Sure hope ah spaled thet big wurd raght cuz iffin ah didnut, thet set feller will rap mah nukles n'thro asparagus at mah purson.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2006 12:45 pm
Quote:
A Question for Dick Cheney: Family Values or Family Honor?

The religious right has a message for Dick Cheney: your daughter is selfish and a danger. Why? Because she is having a baby. After hearing that Mary Cheney, a lesbian in a committed relationship, is expecting to give birth, Janice Crouse of Concerned Women of American declared, "Not only is she doing a disservice to her child, she's voiding all the effort her father put into the Bush administration." Carrie Gordon Earll, a policy analyst for Focus on the Family huffed, "Just because you can conceive a child outside a one-woman, one-man marriage doesn't mean it's a good idea. Love can't replace a mother and a father." (During the 2004 presidential campaign, Focus on the Family chieftain James Dobson whacked John Kerry for having mentioned Mary Cheney's sexual orientation during one of the presidential debates: "It wasn't fair. It was an invasion of her privacy.") Now comes this press release:

Mary Cheney Cruel to Children

COLORADO SPRINGS, Dec. 8 /Christian Newswire/ -- Mary Cheney, the Vice President's unmarried daughter, is expecting. Dr. Paul Cameron, Chairman of the Family Research Institute, a Colorado Springs think-tank, condemned her decision:

"Unmarried women should not deliberately have children. Their children are more apt to experience privation and disruption. Consequently, such children are more apt to do poorly in school, disrupt society (e.g., engage in criminality), and be personally troubled. These wrongs are compounded when the child is brought into a homosexual setting."

"By this selfish action, Cheney is not merely disrupting society, she is being cruel to her child:

* Mary, 37, is currently 'partnered' with Heather Poe, 45. The median age of death for lesbians is around the late 50's. If Poe and Cheney stay together, odds are this child will lose at least one caretaker before graduating high school.

* Children of homosexuals testify that day-to-day living is more difficult – and they are more apt to report personal disturbance as a consequence.

* A high proportion of lesbian 'partnerings' break apart -- with custody issues haunting the child for the rest of his life.

* The child will disproportionately associate with homosexuals – who are as a class considerably more apt to have STDs and a criminal history, be interested in sex with children, involved in substance abuse, etc.

* The child will have a much higher probability of learning homosexual tastes (at least a third of lesbian's children adopt homosexuality).

* "Her pregnancy is further evidence that participation in homosexual activity distorts value systems, inducing practitioners to harm the commonweal. Our society already has too many children born without the benefits of marriage; Cheney's action is not only a bad example, but poor treatment of an innocent child."

In case you haven't already guessed, the work of the Family Research Institute--which has been cited by Patrick Buchanan and William Bennett--has been discredited. But in 1985 Cameron appeared at the annual Conservative Political Action Committee conference in Washington--the yearly shindig for rightwing activists and leaders--and called for pondering the possible "extermination" of homosexuals to stop the spread of AIDS. Dick Cheney, by the way, has often appeared at the CPAC conference.

Here's the question: is Dick Cheney going to come to his daughter's defense and tell the religious right to get lost? Or will he wimpishly stay silent in deference to political calculation? Forget family values, what about family honor?
http://www.davidcorn.com/archives/2006/12/a_question_for_1.php
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 09:23 pm
The Cheneys choose politics over love. Lesbian daughter Mary will not support Liz's Tea Party candidacy but both parents will. Obviously, she can't support gay equality and get elected in Wyoming where they think most of Obama's cabinet is Muslim. Redneck states are painfully embarrassing.

What Did Mary Cheney Just Say About Her Sister Liz’s Candidacy?

Quote:
All week, the nation has been obsessed with the Cheney family feud over same-sex marriage, fueled by Liz Cheney‘s statement on a Sunday talk show that she does not support same-sex marriage.

The battle waged on, as Mary Cheney, the younger daughter of former Republican Vice President Dick Cheney, and her wife, Heather Poe,
0 Replies