Dear Diary

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:15 pm
Has anyone see urs around? Has she dumped Bigdice?

<taps fingers>
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:17 pm
what did i miss there bubba?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:24 pm
Have you been staying out of the hospital?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:26 pm
What happened to husker's face?

Jeez! He looks gaunt.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:28 pm
no hospitals Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 05:28 pm
glad to hear it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 08:34 pm
Husker! You're back!

Glad to hear you've stayed out of the hospital! Does the infection in your leg seem to have cleared up after all this time & trouble?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 01:52 am
Something going on in the diary!

Hello Husker, good to see you!

Gustav, no, I didn't dump BigDice. He can cook - why should I dump him?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 01:36 pm
my leg is still big as basketball Sad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2008 04:02 pm
Oooooooh nooooooo!!!

After all this time?! Wow. That's one pesky infection you've got there!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 09:52 pm
CATCH-UP TIME
I've completed rehab for my open-heart surgery...sort of, I'm going to the clinic's area 3 times a week. Looks like I will do it for the rest of my life. It keeps me focused. Limits the ugly head of depression from possessing my soul.

My 37 year-old daughter/husband are considering moving to Madison, Wis. Tuff time to pull up and start a new life in a new community, but they are convinced they need to leave Conservative Cincinnati for more liberal????? Madison.

Some of you may have more experience in that area.

My wife's son/daughter-in-law live in Atlanta area with 6 year-old grandson....I'm still struggling with the amount of money they spend....those of us who came out-of-the Depression era drive cars for ten years and save, save money....besides that I'm 68. Most of the commercials don't even make sense to me.

Hope to hear from you!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 09:53 pm
CATCH-UP TIME
I've completed rehab for my open-heart surgery...sort of, I'm going to the clinic's area 3 times a week. Looks like I will do it for the rest of my life. It keeps me focused. Limits the ugly head of depression from possessing my soul.

My 37 year-old daughter/husband are considering moving to Madison, Wis. Tuff time to pull up and start a new life in a new community, but they are convinced they need to leave Conservative Cincinnati for more liberal????? Madison.

Some of you may have more experience in that area.

My wife's son/daughter-in-law live in Atlanta area with 6 year-old grandson....I'm still struggling with the amount of money they spend....those of us who came out-of-the Depression era drive cars for ten years and save, save money....besides that I'm 68. Most of the commercials don't even make sense to me.

Hope to hear from you!
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 08:12 am
Dear D,

I'm very happy today. And I don't know why. Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 06:11 am
Mapleleaf my friend! So good to hear from you!

Dear Diary,

Lots of changes are going on here at the moment. BigDice quit his job in the restaurant and his last working day was June 15. On June 16 we started our vacation. First we went to Düsseldorf for the Bruce Springsteen concert. One of my dreams finally came true Very Happy and it was great!

Then on to Sweden for a family visit and midsummer celebrations with inlaws and little niece. We had a wonderful time even though the weather was not nice at all - cool, very windy and rainy. But we did a lot of things, saw many nice things and enjoyed it.

Now BigDice is learning to make sandwiches during a two week hands-on training at a Subway restaurant. The plan is to open his own place in September. If only the landlord would finally sign the contract... He will, it will work out allright. I know it!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 06:50 pm
urs53 wrote:

Then on to Sweden for a family visit and midsummer celebrations with inlaws and little niece. We had a wonderful time even though the weather was not nice at all - cool, very windy and rainy. But we did a lot of things, saw many nice things and enjoyed it.

Urs - that sounds exactly the same as my experience of midsummer Sweden - and I travelled a lot further to be cold and wet! Twisted Evil (The middle of winter in Sydney is much better weather!)

It was still interesting - we don't have those sorts of festivities here. We went up to Dalarna from Stockholm - very interesting - parades, decorating poles (I managed a bit of one!) and processions, dancing around the pole - (I gave this a miss!). My next agenda item is winter, St Lucia Day and possibly Christmas! When Confused Sad

Best of luck to BD - if the operations here are any indicator - he should be on a winner!

G'day Mapleleaf
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 07:03 pm
Goodness Urs,

Did you say Subway?

My wife's sister celebrated her 50th wedding anniversary today. The family and community came together in a wee town, an old Methodist church in a new all purpose room. Lots of space for drifting and talking. Relatives we seldom see and our children/grandchild from Big-O Atlanta, Georgia.

Geez! Buckets of senior citizens comparing pills, failing body parts and recounting the past 80+ years. Teens were present.

Our front yard is beginning to draw away from the concrete driveway. Last year cracks in the yard were over one inch wide. The ponds evaporated into mud and the lake beds were in bloom. I dread the specter of 2008 dry spells.

I am now the acting grandfather of two mixed race boys conceived in a crack house. When we visit Cincinnati, I enjoy interacting with them. They appreciate whatever you do. My old storytelling skills flavor what could be an anxious time.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 02:47 pm
Dear diary,

BigDice is bored - he had to get up early today to work. The town where he is staying at the moment is not exciting at all. But that's just the way it is - a couple more days then he will be home for two weeks. Then two weeks of training at the 'Subway University' in Cologne. He has to take the tests for his driver's licence.

And I had dinner with my neighbours tonight. Indian food - it was delicious. My neighbour really knows how to cook. And she is a very sweet person.

And today is my brother's birthday. Happy birthday, big brother!

Now I have to go to bed... Good night!
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 12:39 am
Dear Diary
Dear Diary,

I am wondering about Urs' Indian meal...more details please!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 02:44 pm
Dear Mapleleaf Very Happy

Details about the food? Delicious! Not enough details? I'll try... Rice with raisins, vegetables with coconut milk, beef with lots of strange spices, yogurt with cucumber and cilantro. And red wine from Italy Laughing
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 06:07 pm
indian food but no indian wine ? :wink:

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030210/biz.jpg
0 Replies