Dear Diary

urs53

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 03:55 pm
@Mapleleaf,
Mapleleaf, I found my summer love from almost 30 years ago on Facebook. He was surprised that I'm not a teenager anymore Laughing
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 10 Jul, 2009 07:18 pm
@Mapleleaf,
Mapleleaf - you're right.
The news on water is not good. Most of our population lives on the rim of the coast - but even there - water is very scarce. In Sydney we've had a whole lot of rain - but it's very coastal. The water catchment areas, less than 50 miles inland, aren't getting anything much and it's been this way for years. Melbourne and Adelaide are much worse off.

Australia's economy is pretty diverse - much as in US, but with about 21 million people, so on a significantly smaller scale. And a lot fewer gun nuts! The country is roughly the same size as mainland US, though - and pretty empty in the interior.

We have a comfortable life, though, mostly. Freely available healthcare is the big difference from US. When we read of the health problems of A2K-ers without health insurance we just cringe. It's so hard to imagine such a wealthy country with such a health system as you have for the not-so-well-off.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 04:40 pm
@husker,
Hello Husk,
Didn't mean to skip you...actually, it's good to read your type. The last time I followed your writings, you were fighting to stay up at the plate. What's your status?
husker

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 12:05 am
@Mapleleaf,
punts
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 05:55 pm
Apparently, I need to reeducate myself re the proper use of the newly designed (for me) able2know.

My daughter and husband just returned from Seattle. They are scouting potential jobs/living areas. Anyone want to brag on their town? Employer?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 05:57 pm
@Mapleleaf,
Mapleleaf! great to see you posting again.

A quick review of my diary would tell you that I'm working, happy with my little old dogs and still taking belly dance classes.
roger

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2011 06:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah! Just the other day, Letty mentioned his absence (again).
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 12:12 am
Wonderful to see you, Mapleleaf...we were just wondering about you! Very Happy
msolga

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 12:34 am
@margo,
...as a matter of fact, so was I!

Nice to see you again, Mapleleaf. Smile
Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 05:58 pm
@msolga,
Comforting to read your voices...you know, I do hear voices. Do You Question

I recently came across an aging posting re Abuzz. I have fond memories of those early days...since then, so much has happened...yet, so many of you are still here.

I visited ehbeth's page. O my God, what an array of information. The new able2know design has set you free.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 06:15 pm
@Mapleleaf,
I do hear some poster's voices. Oddly (it seems to me), I am mostly likely to 'hear' the voices of people I haven't actually met.

Odd.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 06:20 pm
@Mapleleaf,
Quote:
Comforting to read your voices...you know, I do hear voices. Do You Question

Indeed, yes, Mapleleaf!
There are some posters here whose distinct voices I "hear" every time I read their posts.
I'm not certain I have their accents 100% correct, though! Wink

0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:37 pm
Momentous week in the Mapleleaf family. Grandma and Grandpa Bear bought a new latex mattress. Now we'll see whether I sleep in one place at night or continue the couch #1, couch #2, chair, and bed rotation.
husker

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:06 pm
I seemed to have found my way back home again, thank you bossman
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 08:52 pm
@Mapleleaf,
Mapleleaf wrote:

Momentous week in the Mapleleaf family. Grandma and Grandpa Bear bought a new latex mattress. Now we'll see whether I sleep in one place at night or continue the couch #1, couch #2, chair, and bed rotation.

How'd it go?

I'm thinking of getting one.
the prince

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 03:34 am
@dlowan,
Dear Diary,

Packing and paper work is driving me nuts.

How did I ever accumulate so much stuff? And How did so many people/companies have my address?

husker

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 06:41 pm
@the prince,
which address I dont have it lol
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2022 03:11 am

Whatever is going on

I'm listening.

With all my heart.

With all my heart on the line.

0 Replies