gollum

Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 08:45 am
I am interested in starting a "personal blog" in which I would discuss my thoughts on many subjects. Is there a website suitable for me to use for this purpose? I would prefer a website with the most potential for attracting viewers.

4  
Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 08:54 am
@gollum,
Wordpress. Use Wordpress: https://wordpress.com/create/

There are other blogging sites for if you don't want to buy a domain, e g. Blogger and Wix, but Wordpress is stable, has a ton of options, and is well-maintained. There is also something of a Wordpress community but keep in mind a blog does not miraculously attract a readership. You have to cultivate one, by making good content, yes, but also by supporting other bloggers. Be a part of the community.
gollum

2  
Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 09:11 am
@jespah,
jespah-

Thank you.

Robert Gentel

3  
Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 09:42 am
@gollum,
Eventually a2k's new platform is going to support personal blogs, but some other ones major platforms that already exist are Wordpress, tumblr, and blogspot.

In terms of audience tumblr is, in my opinion, currently the platform best set up to draw an following on the platform itself, most other blog platforms just let you have a blog and expect you to get the audience (this is actually one of the things the blog platform we are building will try to help solve).
Sturgis

1  
Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 03:32 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Eventually a2k's new platform is going to support personal blogs...

Sounds good. I was thinking about asking just before you answered my question.

1  
Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 03:51 pm
If I am still blogging then, I may transfer mine over here.

gollum

1  
Reply Wed 18 May, 2016 05:41 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Thank you.