Dear Diary

husker

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 01:24 pm
Mapleleaf started a nice place for expression at Abuzz. This is a continuation of the DEAR DIARY from Abuzz We include young and old, with child and no children, working and retired, fat and slender, male and female, world-wide; all posting our fears, frustrations, joys, and friendships in the making. For the sheer joy of life, living and loving.

YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN OUR ABLE2KNOW FAMILY.
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO POST.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 95,680 • Replies: 1,517
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 01:35 pm
So how does this thread work, Boss? What is the nature of posts which are expected?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 01:39 pm
You post about your daily life, much as you feel comfortable sharing - up\downs - successes - failures, relationships and the such. In the past the interactions have been great. This is also a place you could find a shoulder, friend, peer....

(there have been 30some of these on abuzz)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 01:40 pm
Ah well, i have not been to Afuzz in quite some time--grew to hate it, at one point, actually.

'K, thanks fer the tip, Boss.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:18 pm
Dear Diary,

I've had more emails today than a human being should be allowed to process, I think. I don't mind; I'm just a little tired. But it's okay; that's what I signed on for.

It got warm here and then started pouring. So much for enjoying the good weather, one last gasp before winter, I bet. Oh, wait, I take that back, it was pleasant weather for me to - heh - take out the trash.

A2K isn't the only thing going on in my life. I have some home improvement stuff going on but unfortunately I've been neglecting it for a while. I will probably pick it up again in a few weeks when the online world presumably begins to calm down. I do want to get one upstairs room painted and filled in with furniture again. Maybe hubby and I will work on it over Xmas week? Dunno. And tomorrow I publish AARON. My dance card is full!

When I saw my doc a few days ago, she presented me with one of the fine gifts that come along with a woman who's turned 40 - time for a mammogram. How lovely. I'm scheduled for some time in December. I know these things are necessary but they are a pain. I sometimes wish I could return to those thrilling days of yesteryear when such things were in the distant future. But that's impossible. :-D

Hubby is fine, working late tonight so that he can do a half-day this Friday. I'm looking forward to spending extra time together. :-D
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 12:10 am
jespah - thanks! ain't maturing a load!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:49 am
husker- It beats the alternative. Take it from someone who almost had "been there, done that!" Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:46 am
Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 08:50 am
TGIF
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 15 Nov, 2002 10:48 pm
Friday couldn't come soon enough this week! It was so bad, I kept thinking next week we are off for 4 days, until someone reminded me it's not next week, it's the following week!!!! Rolling Eyes

My home is upside down. The painters are here this week painting the entire outside of the buildings. All of the patio contents are in our living room, and it's starting to grate on my nerve, my one last nerve! You can't move around without walking into a plant, or a watering can, or a cooler! Even the bikes are here, oh how lovely! One more week of this mess Drunk Thanks, I needed that!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:35 am
Today I woke up with a bit of a hangover Drunk unfortunately I didn't even go out and have any fun. I just stayed home, drank some beer, played my super nintendo, and watched a movie. No fun there :-( Anyway, I came on my computer early this morning and my day started off with an email from a guy I ordered something from ebay. I ordered this item from this guy on Oct 12 and I wrote to him last week to tell him I didn't recieve it yet. Well, he wrote me right back and told me to let him know if I didn't get it by wed and he'd send me another one. Anyway, I waited until yesterday to write him back and again he sent me another email telling me to call him so we can figure out what happened to it. Then I had to write the man back to explain to him that calling long distance from Canada is very costly (he's in the US) and gave him my # and told him to feel free to call me if he'd like. So he can't call right now because I'm on the computer Laughing but my question is how could a phone call between us figure out where the item is? My second question is, if he has any questions, why doesn't he ask me through email? Am I missing something?

That was the beginning of my morning. Not long after that I decided to go to the store because there was a snow storm coming in. I get to the store and the woman who works there was complaining that her boss keeps adding on to her job and she's getting tired. I see how hard she works and I don't blame her for being frustrated.

Not long after I got home it started snowing like crazy. I hear we are suppose to get about a foot today. Days like these just make me want to do nothing eccept sip hot cocoa, listen to Christmas songs, and play on my computer and I think that's exactly what I'm going to do :-D
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 09:25 am
DD,

Right now, I'm trying to sift through everything I missed yesterday. Silly me, I was cooking and reading the Sunday paper! I guess this means I need to be online 24/7. :-D

Well, I suppose I'm allowed to sleep and all.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 09:40 am
Well, we didn't get the foot of snow as expected. Surprise, surprise, the weather man was wrong. We did get a few inches and when I woke up this morning it was raining. It's beautiful and sunny outside now and the snow is almost all melted. My problem today is that I came on here this morning to QUICKLY check my emails and stop in here QUICKLY to check things out and I can't seem to leave. I have plenty of work to do, yet I'm glued here like a fly on flypaper, lol.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 02:20 am
Fancy this, old Husk already had a DEAR DIARY THREAD started. Ahhhh, a new family...and lots of familar names.

For some years, B. and I have trying to find a time during the year which we can claim as OUR family reunion time. This year, we have reserved a cabin near Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA. We expect both sets of adult children, mates and one new grandchild to attend. We have our fingers crossed.

Hello Grez, Jes, Husk, Setanta, Phoenix and Misti
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 09:04 am
DD,

Chilly here, always chilly. You'd think, after insulating the attic, it would be warmer, but it's not. I think we need to just wrap the house, but that won't be happening any time soon.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 09:13 am
DD
It actually warmed up here a little temp wise, this morning the snowflakes are larger than 50cent pieces, and heavy. I need a 3 or 4 day weekend very soon. To many irons in the fire.
Physically feel great, mentally I'm getting drained. Might have to pull the plug on a few things. But then again - not sure. Only sleeping about 5 hours a night, but not tired.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 11:48 am
All we get in NW Georgia is rain, today, the next day and so on. I'm not complaining, mind you, we are Happy, Happy to fill up our lakes.

Jes, I assume the tub is in and working? Do you sleep? You either sit in front of the computer half your waking hours or you are just fast, fast, fast.

Husker, I haven't read enough of your postings to have developed an insight to personality. Can you provide me some links to selected interactions wherein I may savor your spirit.

Tally Ho
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 12:00 pm
The tub is in, and fantastic! :-D

Yeah, I sleep - and I type very quickly. Generally, I don't do both at the same time.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 12:11 pm
Getting chilly here and trying to figure out what to put in the patio garden besides camellias, azaleas and cyclamen for the winter. Actually, in So Cal, mums will do okay through the winter so maybe I'll plant replant some of the large pots!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2002 12:30 pm
Hi there Mapleleaf
Great to see you here :-D

It's getting cold here as well. The bay is now frozen all the way across, so it looks like it's going to be awhile before I have by beautiful ocean view back again. At this time of the year I really have to push myself to go out and do the things I need to do. I went out awhile ago, got back about 30 minutes ago and my hands are still thawing, lol.
0 Replies