8 months of marriage, and we are scheduled for counselling

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:46 pm
so, i went ahead and scheduled the 2 of us for a couple counselling session. my first ever visit with a therapist of any sort. they say it is going to last for an hour and half, and that there will be co-counselling, just so both parties are represented. as sickened and desperate as i am about this whole thing, i am wondering if counselling will be the first step towards the unravelling of a marriage? happy marriages never have to resort to counselling, right? esp 8 months after marriage, folks are usually still in their honeymoon phase. we have not been for our honeymoon yet, and we are already signed up for counselling.
i am looking for any advice on this matter. what are we supposed to expect? what questions are we supposed to ask? how intimate can you get with a stranger, when it comes to talking abt your marriage? what are we to do with the counsel? if i am already getting to the point where the anger in my belly has become a chronic state, will any sort of therapy help?

what are the tricks to a happy marriage??????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,189 • Replies: 115
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:53 pm
Tricks? There aren't any "tricks". And saying that "good marriages" don't need counseling is bologna. We all stumble. We might love the person we are with and want to make it work but are unable to do so. Bad marriages are the ones in which neither or one of the parties is willing to work to make it better. When you stop trying, that's a bad marriage. Good marriages have bad days.

Things that will help build a good marriage:
Communication
Friendship
Respect
Compromise

What do you talk about? I don't know. What's bothering you? The counselor is going to guide you. You won't walk in and be expected to carry out your own session.

Relax, and be glad you are able to take a step that many couples never get to take; the one that is going to save your marriage.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:58 pm
How did it get to this stage? Did you marry with an expectation that it would'nt be any work and struggle to make a loving team out of two different individuals? Did you want your partner to see the world from your eyes? Are you very jealous? Are you either too smart or too "not smart" enough for your partner? Are the money problems starting?

Ive just asked you the basic questions that our counselor asked my first wife and me. We had no really good answers except "yes" and so we divorced.

I still think about that and talk about it with me real wife. ANSWER" I was too much of a kid and didnt have my adult clothes on when I got married first time.

Dont think it out too hard, you sound so wound up and , believe me, its like getting fired, youll live and prosper..

PS, what are you angry about?
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:01 pm
I would add one more ingredient to your recipe for a good marriage, bella:

A sense of humor.

More than one potential squabble has been averted, and many hurt feelings assuaged by the ability of one partner to make the other smile.

Frankly, if it weren't for my wife's sense of humor I'd be buried in the backyard by now. Covered with lots and lots of fertilizer...
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:04 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Tricks? There aren't any "tricks". And saying that "good marriages" don't need counseling is bologna. We all stumble. We might love the person we are with and want to make it work but are unable to do so. Bad marriages are the ones in which neither or one of the parties is willing to work to make it better. When you stop trying, that's a bad marriage. Good marriages have bad days.

Communication
Friendship
Respect
Compromise

What do you talk about? I don't know. What's bothering you? The counselor is going to guide you. You won't walk in and be expected to carry out your own session.

Relax, and be glad you are able to take a step that many couples never get to take; the one that is going to save your marriage.

sure! you seem to think my questions are either misguided or ridiculous. but i grew up in a home, where the only model for marriage (my mom and dad) was supremely strong, passionate, generous, engaged...here i am, a product of such a union, struggling (and stumbling) within the first 8 months of marriage. if it is true that marriage is a struggle and obstacle course from day 1 post-wedding and that this is natural, as you seem to imply i would be shocked. i am hoping that someone out there can give me the advice that my mother never gave me, about the nuts and bolts of what goes into making a superb marriage.
hopefully, someone who will not say that 'life is hard, kid. you have to struggle.' i am in the business of making life all that it can be, not just bearable.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:16 pm
blacksmithn wrote:

A sense of humor.

More than one potential squabble has been averted, and many hurt feelings assuaged by the ability of one partner to make the other smile.

Frankly, if it weren't for my wife's sense of humor I'd be buried in the backyard by now. Covered with lots and lots of fertilizer...

Ah yes.. I knew I forgot something!!
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:17 pm
blacksmithn wrote:

A sense of humor.

that is exactly it! my dad was the funniest, most witty, jolly, forgiving person that i have ever known. that's why my parents continued on their merry journey together, squabbling and laughing at the same time. the laughter seems to have left the building, when it comes to my current situation. i don't know why and how it died.
question is, can therapy mend something like this?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:22 pm
heartofthesun wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

Communication
Friendship
Respect
Compromise

sure! you seem to think my questions are either misguided or ridiculous. but i grew up in a home, where the only model for marriage (my mom and dad) was supremely strong, passionate, generous, engaged...here i am, a product of such a union, struggling (and stumbling) within the first 8 months of marriage. if it is true that marriage is a struggle and obstacle course from day 1 post-wedding and that this is natural, as you seem to imply i would be shocked. i am hoping that someone out there can give me the advice that my mother never gave me, about the nuts and bolts of what goes into making a superb marriage.
hopefully, someone who will not say that 'life is hard, kid. you have to struggle.' i am in the business of making life all that it can be, not just bearable.

I gave you advice but apparently you don't want to hear it.

If your parents marriage was so "strong, passionate, generous, engaged" why didn't you learn from that? If that was the only model, what part of what they did can't you do? Don't tell me you didn't see anything they did as a married couple because obviously you did see enough to know that they were happy. My mother didn't tell me anything about marriage either and I would consider my marriage a good one. As was my parents. Marriage is fun, exciting, scary, boring, comforting...everything life is. Is life always wonderful? No.

You want the answer that marriage is always happy-lovey-flowers and sunshine? Fine. But you ain't gonna hear it from me. If you believe that crap, you are surely in for a bad marraige because no one can live up to those expectations.

My belief is that marriage is what it is: a committment between two people to make it work together. Even if together has it's struggles. I am not saying you should be unhappy, beause marriage shouldn't make you unhappy. But you shouldn't expect everything to be hunky dorey all the time.

By the way, what is your problem anyway? You never told us why your marriage is so bad.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:28 pm
farmerman wrote:
How did it get to this stage? Did you marry with an expectation that it would'nt be any work and struggle to make a loving team out of two different individuals? Did you want your partner to see the world from your eyes? Are you very jealous? Are you either too smart or too "not smart" enough for your partner? Are the money problems starting?

Ive just asked you the basic questions that our counselor asked my first wife and me. We had no really good answers except "yes" and so we divorced.

I still think about that and talk about it with me real wife. ANSWER" I was too much of a kid and didnt have my adult clothes on when I got married first time.

Dont think it out too hard, you sound so wound up and , believe me, its like getting fired, youll live and prosper..

PS, what are you angry about?

thanks so much! this gives me some time to think abt these questions, instead of answering them reflexively.
i am pissed off that i believed and pinned my hope on this one, was my enthusiastic best, was sincere to the bone, was upbeat and trusting, and compromised my life(career) because i thought that i was moving from a single life to a partnership. it's a commitment to pitch in together. i pitched in, but i think i threw in and invested a lot more than i should have, given his smallish investment.
i am pissed off that i have lost a little bit of that innocence that comes with believing that love, respect and decency is all it takes.
i cannot pretend that i am on top of things, by scheduling appointments and trying to work things out. i am totally overwhelmed, and you are right -- i will be able to walk away from this, too. and life will go on.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:40 pm
answers to the questions, FM--
How did it get to this stage? Did you marry with an expectation that it wouldn't be any work and struggle to make a loving team out of two different individuals?

nope. was excited with the prospect of wanting to be committed to someone with such a different background and upbringing. was excited abt thinking for 2 for the first time, instead of just ME. was looking forward to facing the struggles and making the compromises, when i realised that giving up some really important aspects of my life, for this man and our marriage, did not seem/feel like compromises at all. i was all for partnership, working together, slaying the dragons, sharing our lives, watching each other's backs..etc.

Did you want your partner to see the world from your eyes?
YES, and no. somethings he needed to change - becoming more generous, learning to trust, being more open and honest. other things were perfect - like being balanced and cool minded, enthusiastic abt new ventures, matured and sensible.

Are you very jealous?

never have been. EVER. i am all about live and let live, as long as there is honesty. however, he gives me reason to wonder about every little thing - to the point where i am a neurotic basket case. i think it is because every once in a while, there is some tiny little thing that pops up that makes me wonder.

Are you either too smart or too "not smart" enough for your partner?
nope.

Are the money problems starting?
i used to be shocked when he told me that 70% of marriages break up because of financial problems. but our last argument was over the fact that while he insisted that i quit my life's work, in order to sort of stay home relax, find myself and help him with his business, i have sucked away the last bit of my earnings and there is no financial plan that includes the 2 of us.

how are those for answers...
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:50 pm
I gave you advice but apparently you don't want to hear it.

If your parents marriage was so "strong, passionate, generous, engaged" why didn't you learn from that? If that was the only model, what part of what they did can't you do? Don't tell me you didn't see anything they did as a married couple because obviously you did see enough to know that they were happy. My mother didn't tell me anything about marriage either and I would consider my marriage a good one. As was my parents. Marriage is fun, exciting, scary, boring, comforting...everything life is. Is life always wonderful? No.

You want the answer that marriage is always happy-lovey-flowers and sunshine? Fine. But you ain't gonna hear it from me. If you believe that crap, you are surely in for a bad marriage because no one can live up to those expectations.

My belief is that marriage is what it is: a committment between two people to make it work together. Even if together has it's struggles. I am not saying you should be unhappy, beause marriage shouldn't make you unhappy. But you shouldn't expect everything to be hunky dorey all the time.

By the way, what is your problem anyway? You never told us why your marriage is so bad.[/quote]

bella -- i hear you. you just sound annoyed with what i suspect you consider whining. but, let me tell you - there is a balance between hard toil and flowers and sunshine. being at any extreme would make one sick. farmer man's advice helps a great deal. i have no idea how therapy works, and that was one of my questions. his insights are very helpful, too.

as for psychoanalyzing my parents secret to success, so i could use them when i grew up and married? i was too busy running for play practice or smoking cigarettes behind the school building to be taking down notes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 01:55 pm
heartofthesun wrote:

was looking forward to facing the struggles and making the compromises, when i realised that giving up some really important aspects of my life, for this man and our marriage, did not seem/feel like compromises at all. i was all for partnership, working together, slaying the dragons, sharing our lives, watching each other's backs..etc.

This sounds like 1) he needs to get his head out of his butt and start being a part of the marriage and 2) you need to step back from taking care of him and take care of you.

People will walk all over you if you let them. They will do what you allow them to get away with. What started out as a loving act by you, has turned into an expectation. Maybe he doesn't know he's doing it. Maybe he does. Ask him. Explain to him you feel used. That feeling is valid.

heartofthesun wrote:

YES, and no. somethings he needed to change - becoming more generous, learning to trust, being more open and honest.

I was going to go on to try and help you (even though you seem to think I have it out for you) but read this and decided that nothing I could say would help because you went into a marriage expecting him to change. It rarely, if ever, happens.

I really hope you can make this marriage work. Don't think I am saying you are the problem but you have some ideals and fantasies about this marriage that were never true from the start. You can't expect him to change once you are married.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:00 pm
heartofthesun wrote:

bella -- i hear you. you just sound annoyed with what i suspect you consider whining. but, let me tell you - there is a balance between hard toil and flowers and sunshine. being at any extreme would make one sick. farmer man's advice helps a great deal. i have no idea how therapy works, and that was one of my questions. his insights are very helpful, too.

as for psychoanalyzing my parents secret to success, so i could use them when i grew up and married? i was too busy running for play practice or smoking cigarettes behind the school building to be taking down notes.

Truthfully, I was a little annoyed. Not by you as an individual, but by the way so many people approach their relationships. Check out the relationship and marriage forum...it's loaded with people I could just strangle. Laughing They come here asking for quick fixes and answers that only they and their partner can give or come here wanting us to validate their feelings on something.

I am not saying you came here for that, but I tend to be blunt and to the point. (see recent thread I started)

I didn't mean for you to psychoanalyze your parents...I meant that children from well adjusted homes often turn out that way by absorbing it. Do you understand what I mean by that?
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:03 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
heartofthesun wrote:

was looking forward to facing the struggles and making the compromises, when i realised that giving up some really important aspects of my life, for this man and our marriage, did not seem/feel like compromises at all. i was all for partnership, working together, slaying the dragons, sharing our lives, watching each other's backs..etc.

This sounds like 1) he needs to get his head out of his butt and start being a part of the marriage and 2) you need to step back from taking care of him and take care of you.

People will walk all over you if you let them. They will do what you allow them to get away with. What started out as a loving act by you, has turned into an expectation. Maybe he doesn't know he's doing it. Maybe he does. Ask him. Explain to him you feel used. That feeling is valid.

thanks. we had conversations ad nauseum - and i have explained to him how desperately used i feel. he acknowledges if i force him to engage in the conversation, or he tries to remain quiet and i am thinking, hope that this too will blow over. this particular storm is not blowing over, since it is not a venting event. it's a deep problem that i feel needs to be acknowledged and resolved, if possible.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:06 pm
At least you see the problem. You have got to be willing to accept the fact that maybe it won't change.

Can you do that? Can you live with knowing he won't ever change?
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:07 pm
heartofthesun wrote:

YES, and no. somethings he needed to change - becoming more generous, learning to trust, being more open and honest.

I was going to go on to try and help you (even though you seem to think I have it out for you) but read this and decided that nothing I could say would help because you went into a marriage expecting him to change. It rarely, if ever, happens.

I really hope you can make this marriage work. Don't think I am saying you are the problem but you have some ideals and fantasies about this marriage that were never true from the start. You can't expect him to change once you are married.[/quote]

you don't think people change? they do ALL the time!! that's the reason we are a successful species. It is crazy to sit pretty thinking that change is impossible. if that were true, psychiatrists would go out of business, drug addicts would never recover....we would never learn.

he has changed a lot. he has learned to understand that i am part of his team. the home team. that i have his back, even if we were to ever split up. i have changed too. a lot! and i have to thank him for it. i also have to thank my parents and family, and acquaintances and teachers.

you have to be insane to think that people cannot change. i do not have an expectation that change will come. i have hope that change is possible. there is a difference.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:23 pm
Maybe I didn't word my statment correctly.

People can change. But anyone going into a marriage expecting change is setting themselves up for failure. You cannot expect it. You can ask for it. But you can never demand it.
0 Replies

jazzieB123

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:24 pm
Dear heartofthesun,

I am so pleased you have made this appointment - how did your husband react when you asked him to go? IMO it's a step in the right direction - either it will free you both up to go your seperate ways (if that's what you BOTH want) or it might help to bring you closer together and bridge the gap. There's no receipe for a happy marriage but Bella Dea's hit the nail on the head with communication at the top.

Out of interest, is the counsellor a man or a woman?
Does co-counselling mean there is a counsellor there for each of you??

These tips are only ideas. Please ring the counsellor beforehand & ask if doing any of these things is a good idea. I would hate to put up ideas that the counsellor says are NOT good things to do because afterall, what you are doing will affect the rest of your life. Know what I mean?

Afterall, you must keep things fair and give your husband the same opportunities to do some pre-work too. Otherwise, he'll feel ambushed. You do NOT want this.

Ideas:

- maybe take a short 'dot point' list of the things you want to talk about. Break the list into 2 sections - most important at the top (say 3 or 4 things) - then secondary things next. You may not get to the secondary list for weeks. Perhaps your husband wants to take a list too? Ask your counsellor (as I suggested above) BEFOREHAND if this is the right thing to do.

- get there 10 mins early if poss so you can both fill in any paperwork (address details, etc). This time may have already been factored in, but even if it has, try to be a little early on your first visit anyway.

- in the session, be calm. Don't turn it into a 'he said she said' thing (it's not a blame game). Give your husband time to answer questions - even if you disagree with him. Try not to talk over the top of him. Wait your turn. If you need to cry, do it. If you need to shout - don't. Take a deep breath instead. If you get so wound up & you feel sick during the session, tell the counsellor.

- comfort things. Maybe take a little bottle of water in case you get thirsty. Your little bottle can also serve as a distraction if you need to fidget with something out of nerves. They'll have tissues, but if you have a fave hanky, take it. If you need something extra, take a personal favourite thing which you love. A fave necklace, charm bracelet, photo of your mum, small teddy bear. Just knowing these little things are there can be comforting.

- be honest at all times, even if it hurts you to do so. But also try to be diplomatic, even if he is not.

- you and your husb should both be prepared to hear things you won't like. And some things you will Smile

- both of you need to be commited to doing whatever homework the counsellor/s give you. As Bella said, the counsellor/s should guide you as to the session - I'm sure they'll guide you too re how to do the homework.

- when the session is over, ask the counsellor what they suggest the next step might be (ie: homework, then another visit? if so, can they suggest when that visit should be? Include your husband in all these conversations - don't just take over. Ask him what he wants to do. Involve him, consulting him in these negotiations is extremely important or he'll feel you are controlling, manipulating and/or ambushing him.)

- at home alone, long before you go to counselling, maybe write down your needs. ALL of them. Not wants, or desires - but NEEDS. Is 'safety' a need? 'Shelter'? 'Love'? 'Social connections?' This might help you to see what needs are not being met & what are. Lots of needs on your list does not mean you are 'needy' - it means you are learning about yourself. Remember, these are YOUR needs. Not his. Write down the most significant to the most outrageously silly. Get them all out. Even if you're out at dinner & you think of a need, scribble it on the serviette, add it to your list when you get home. Keep adding to your list & put it somewhere safe. I would not suggest taking this list to counselling, but use it to get to know yourself.

---

The honeymoon period? We had one but it was dashed quickly by a series of events that cut me to the quick. I hated watching 'happy couples' and wondering why our marriage wasn't as happy as theirs. Where was our honeymoon period? Why are they happy & we're not? But people will only let you see what they want you to see.

Do not compare your marriage with anyone else's. Lots of married couples want others to think they're happy. Sometimes they geniunely are. Sometimes they're not & they're just keeping up appearances. Think about your marriage, not theirs.

I don't know whether any of these thoughts/ideas are helpful but they are things I've learned while travelling life's highway.

As I say, PLEASE call the counsellor before hand and run these ideas by him/her before doing them. I am loathe to suggest anything which might only serve to work against you, or which the counsellor thinks is a really crap idea. Okay?

This is someone you are financially invested in. You can tell them as much or as little as you want, but I have found that the more you tell them, the better it is. They then have more to work with. However, if you are uncomfortable telling them something, say so. You don't have to bare your soul if you don't want to - but do try to help them to help you.

Finally, I have a friend who went to marriage counselling with his wife. They had to try 3 different counsellors before finding one they could both work with. You don't have to stick with a counsellor neither of you like or can't get along with, so just see how it goes. See if this is someone you can both work with.

I hope this makes sense and is somewhat useful. Making this appointment is a positive step and I wish you luck. Keep visiting here, ok?

jazzie
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:29 pm
The fact that you two have agreed to counseling is saying that you both want to save your marriage. That's a good start.
0 Replies

heartofthesun

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:33 pm
jazzieB123 wrote:
Dear heartofthesun,

I am so pleased you have made this appointment - how did your husband react when you asked him to go? IMO it's a step in the right direction - either it will free you both up to go your seperate ways (if that's what you BOTH want) or it might help to bring you closer together and bridge the gap. There's no receipe for a happy marriage but Bella Dea's hit the nail on the head with communication at the top.

Out of interest, is the counsellor a man or a woman?
Does co-counselling mean there is a counsellor there for each of you??

These tips are only ideas. Please ring the counsellor beforehand & ask if doing any of these things is a good idea. I would hate to put up ideas that the counsellor says are NOT good things to do because afterall, what you are doing will affect the rest of your life. Know what I mean?

Afterall, you must keep things fair and give your husband the same opportunities to do some pre-work too. Otherwise, he'll feel ambushed. You do NOT want this.

Ideas:

- maybe take a short 'dot point' list of the things you want to talk about. Break the list into 2 sections - most important at the top (say 3 or 4 things) - then secondary things next. You may not get to the secondary list for weeks. Perhaps your husband wants to take a list too? Ask your counsellor (as I suggested above) BEFOREHAND if this is the right thing to do.

- get there 10 mins early if poss so you can both fill in any paperwork (address details, etc). This time may have already been factored in, but even if it has, try to be a little early on your first visit anyway.

- in the session, be calm. Don't turn it into a 'he said she said' thing (it's not a blame game). Give your husband time to answer questions - even if you disagree with him. Try not to talk over the top of him. Wait your turn. If you need to cry, do it. If you need to shout - don't. Take a deep breath instead. If you get so wound up & you feel sick during the session, tell the counsellor.

- comfort things. Maybe take a little bottle of water in case you get thirsty. Your little bottle can also serve as a distraction if you need to fidget with something out of nerves. They'll have tissues, but if you have a fave hanky, take it. If you need something extra, take a personal favourite thing which you love. A fave necklace, charm bracelet, photo of your mum, small teddy bear. Just knowing these little things are there can be comforting.

- be honest at all times, even if it hurts you to do so. But also try to be diplomatic, even if he is not.

- you and your husb should both be prepared to hear things you won't like. And some things you will Smile

- both of you need to be commited to doing whatever homework the counsellor/s give you. As Bella said, the counsellor/s should guide you as to the session - I'm sure they'll guide you too re how to do the homework.

- when the session is over, ask the counsellor what they suggest the next step might be (ie: homework, then another visit? if so, can they suggest when that visit should be? Include your husband in all these conversations - don't just take over. Ask him what he wants to do. Involve him, consulting him in these negotiations is extremely important or he'll feel you are controlling, manipulating and/or ambushing him.)

- at home alone, long before you go to counselling, maybe write down your needs. ALL of them. Not wants, or desires - but NEEDS. Is 'safety' a need? 'Shelter'? 'Love'? 'Social connections?' This might help you to see what needs are not being met & what are. Lots of needs on your list does not mean you are 'needy' - it means you are learning about yourself. Remember, these are YOUR needs. Not his. Write down the most significant to the most outrageously silly. Get them all out. Even if you're out at dinner & you think of a need, scribble it on the serviette, add it to your list when you get home. Keep adding to your list & put it somewhere safe. I would not suggest taking this list to counselling, but use it to get to know yourself.

---

The honeymoon period? We had one but it was dashed quickly by a series of events that cut me to the quick. I hated watching 'happy couples' and wondering why our marriage wasn't as happy as theirs. Where was our honeymoon period? Why are they happy & we're not? But people will only let you see what they want you to see.

Do not compare your marriage with anyone else's. Lots of married couples want others to think they're happy. Sometimes they geniunely are. Sometimes they're not & they're just keeping up appearances. Think about your marriage, not theirs.

I don't know whether any of these thoughts/ideas are helpful but they are things I've learned while travelling life's highway.

As I say, PLEASE call the counsellor before hand and run these ideas by him/her before doing them. I am loathe to suggest anything which might only serve to work against you, or which the counsellor thinks is a really crap idea. Okay?

This is someone you are financially invested in. You can tell them as much or as little as you want, but I have found that the more you tell them, the better it is. They then have more to work with. However, if you are uncomfortable telling them something, say so. You don't have to bare your soul if you don't want to - but do try to help them to help you.

Finally, I have a friend who went to marriage counselling with his wife. They had to try 3 different counsellors before finding one they could both work with. You don't have to stick with a counsellor neither of you like or can't get along with, so just see how it goes. See if this is someone you can both work with.

I hope this makes sense and is somewhat useful. Making this appointment is a positive step and I wish you luck. Keep visiting here, ok?

jazzie

jazzie -- thank you! thank you! thank you! you rock. although we seem to be in similar places in our lives, i have so much to learn from you. you remain so graceful through it all, while i feel like i am all over the place.
thanks very much for your advice. i will be gone for an hour or so, but i will go through your points carefully, when i return. big hugs -hofts
0 Replies