John Kerry - what a dork

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:11 am
And about Iraq:

Quote:
Tightening race? Not in these polls

The polls giveth, and the polls taketh away.

A new CNN poll out this morning shows the Democrats' advantage over Republicans growing just as sharply as three other polls show it shrinking. The CNN poll has the Democrats leading the Republicans by 20 percentage points in generic ballot matchups, a nine-point increase over what the same poll found just a week ago.

Meanwhile, Fox News is reporting that its newest poll shows Democrats with a 13-point edge over Republicans. No details yet, but we do know that a 13-point lead now would be a two-point increase over the 11-point advantange Democrats held in the Fox poll two weeks ago.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:13 am
cjhsa wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
cjh wrote (in red): Hmmm. Things look like they're going pretty good to me. Unemployment is low,
The government stats on unemoployment is a BIG LIE. There are over two (2) million college grads every year, and only 70,000 jobs/month were created during Bush's reign. Do the math - if you can.

Sure, you forgot that 10's of thousands of people leave the workforce every month. They retire. They change jobs. They die.

But of course you'd overlook that convenient fact to prove your non-point.

The economy traditionally requires 150k jobs per month created just to break even with population growth... and yes, that includes people changing jobs and leaving the workforce.

Your claim that the stock market is 'skyrocketing' comes as a surprise to millions of investors in America... who have seen far more modest gains than in the nineties, when the market actually was skyrocketing.

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:21 am
cjh wrote: Sure, you forgot that 10's of thousands of people leave the workforce every month. Prove this with evidence.

chh wrote:
They retire.
No shet! More seniors are working after retirement age, because they failed to save enough for their retirement. Those numbers who are retiring are decreasing, not increasing. Show us statistics that shows otherwise.

cjh wrote:
They change jobs.
You're grasping at straws: they're stil lin the "work force."
cjh wrote:
They die.
What? There's been a sudden change during Bush' presidency? What a dork.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:38 am
I believed in 2003 that the war was just and appropriate, and have been deeply distressed at its conduct. There is no public service, however, in misleading ourselves about the situation in which we find ourselves, or in softening critiques which are necessary if we are to do better in the future.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:39 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
No shet! More seniors are working after retirement age, because they failed to save enough for their retirement. Those numbers who are retiring are decreasing, not increasing. Show us statistics that shows otherwise.

Please show evidence of this C.I.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:41 am
McG, It doesn't work that way; cjh made the first claim; he has the ball in his court to prove it. After he does, I'll follow with my evidence.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:45 am
You made that claim C.I., not him and I am asking you to back it up.

You aren't being a hypocrite, are you? Surely you would show cjhsa how it's done when someone asks you for supporting documentation, right?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:55 am
McG, Here's a clue: just type "more seniors working after retirement age" in any search engine. Then, get back to us and tell us what you find.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:57 am
"They retire" without facts are just so much BS that underscores his claims about the "work force."
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:58 am
Cripes ci, in 2006 it is estimated that almost 60,000 people will retire from the GOVERNMENT alone!

http://www.opm.gov/feddata/retire/rs-projections.pdf

If you translate that statistic of 3.4%, and assuming a likely small number of workers at 100M, that is 3.4M retirees/year, almost 300K/month. And that is gonna go up soon - baby boomers - did you forget?

Please keep quoting from Vanity Fair. It really increases your credibility.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:59 am
If that's all it takes, why are you giving cjhsa such a hard time asking him for sources and what not.

Perhaps you could go to google and type in "seniors retiring" and see what you dicsover.

While you are there, perhaps you could google "why do old, well travelled, liberal men act like little children on the internet"
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:59 am
cjh, Here's a clue for you; we're talking about the whole country.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:00 pm
I'm giving him a hard time, because he blabbers bull shet all the time, and I'll challenge him on it every time he spews it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

cicerone imposter wrote:
cjh, Here's a clue for you; we're talking about the whole country.

What, did I forget the 25M illegal aliens?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Did you ever get an HD signal, and do you know what one looks like?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Do you know what the "whole country" is?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:01 pm
Do you?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:01 pm
Typical right-wing diversion; who the f...ks talking about HD signals?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:04 pm
I posted a response back on the previous page. Read faster.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 12:06 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Typical right-wing diversion; who the f...ks talking about HD signals?

Well, all I can say is I tried to help. Typical liberal bs in that you argued with me endlessly about something you didn't know anything about. And you continue.
0 Replies