John Kerry - what a dork

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:57 am
I think it's just touching the way Republicans, after 18 years in the Senate, just decided they are in love with Joe Lieberman.

It's like the salesman who never noticed the skinny, nondescript spinster in Accounting until, one day, love blossoms........
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:33 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
george, I agree that Kerry's gaff probably cost the democrats more votes than most realize. That's what politics is all about. For me, Kerry was never a good candidate for our country, and I never voted for him.

Now, let's hear about Bush's errors and failings; a long list, if you please.

So you voted for Bush?

Huh, never would have figured that.
0 Replies

SierraSong

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:39 am
georgeob1 wrote:
I think there is no doubt that the Republicans exploited Kerry's gaffe for their own benefit. However, it is not true to say that Kerry is a minor political figure. He is a prominent Senator, was the Democrat nominee for the Presidency in the last election and was working hard to make himself a candidate in the next one. I agree he may be a dead letter now -- he set himself up for the character issue by his exaggerated claims of heroism in Vietnam, the self aggrandizement he demonstrated, both on active duty and in associating himself with a bunch of charlatains claiming widespread atrocities soon after he left the service, that so inflamed the officers who served with him, and the daffy self-absorbtion that has so consistently marked his many goofy statements in recent years.

It wasn't just a failed joke - and that is what has done him in.

At the Army/Air Force game the other night, fans unfurled a large banner that read "We Support Those That Are Not As Smart As John Kerry!".

The cadets on both sides cheered wildly.

Kerry's latest gaffe will follow him to his grave. As it should.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:45 am
Rolling Eyes figures
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:00 am
SierraSong wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:
I think there is no doubt that the Republicans exploited Kerry's gaffe for their own benefit. However, it is not true to say that Kerry is a minor political figure. He is a prominent Senator, was the Democrat nominee for the Presidency in the last election and was working hard to make himself a candidate in the next one. I agree he may be a dead letter now -- he set himself up for the character issue by his exaggerated claims of heroism in Vietnam, the self aggrandizement he demonstrated, both on active duty and in associating himself with a bunch of charlatains claiming widespread atrocities soon after he left the service, that so inflamed the officers who served with him, and the daffy self-absorbtion that has so consistently marked his many goofy statements in recent years.

It wasn't just a failed joke - and that is what has done him in.

At the Army/Air Force game the other night, fans unfurled a large banner that read "We Support Those That Are Not As Smart As John Kerry!".

The cadets on both sides cheered wildly.

Kerry's latest gaffe will follow him to his grave. As it should.

It's good to see you get some mileage out of this, we all know you need all you can muster up. My question remains will you lose both the House and the Senate?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:56 am
You got it, dys.

What we've got here, folks, is the last gasp of the Great Republican Smear Machine for 2006. So far, all of the other stuff they've tried-gay marriage, opponents are terrorists, (see Rex Red for examples), have fallen flat.

Apparently, the electorate has noticed that six years into Republican control of the government, things are not going well at all and people just aren't listening to the usual emotional side issues the GOP does so well.

Kerry is the Republicans' Hail Mary pass with time running out. It probably won't work, but it's the only chance they've got left to win the game.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:01 am
Hmmm. Things look like they're going pretty good to me. Unemployment is low, inflation is in check, the markets are skyrocketing, they're celebrating in Iraq (ouch, that has to hurt you lefties).

Who's throwing mud? In Michigan, it's the incumbent, with ads saying her opponent's economic development plan is to ship jobs overseas. The Demoncraps keep running ads talking about the "failed policies of Bush" to rally their voters. Whoever these voters are, they must not own any stock.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:05 am
BBB
cjhsa wrote:
Hmmm. Things look like they're going pretty good to me. Unemployment is low, inflation is in check, the markets are skyrocketing, they're celebrating in Iraq (ouch, that has to hurt you lefties). The Demoncraps keep running ads talking about the "failed policies of Bush" to rally their voters. Whoever these voters are, they must not own any stock.

Amazing, isn't it, the difference in perception between the investor classes and the working classes?

BBB
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:15 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Hmmm. Things look like they're going pretty good to me. Unemployment is low, inflation is in check, the markets are skyrocketing, they're celebrating in Iraq (ouch, that has to hurt you lefties). The Demoncraps keep running ads talking about the "failed policies of Bush" to rally their voters. Whoever these voters are, they must not own any stock.

Amazing, isn't it, the difference in perception between the investor classes and the working classes?

BBB

Amazing how you can create a new class of people. Are you suggesting working people do not invest? Do you think they are to stupid to invest? Mazybe they should be in the military!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:15 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

BBB

Excuse me, I work, and I invest. It's 2006, if you don't have a 401K, that is your own problem.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 09:55 am
401K-enron anyone?

When you consider the rising cost of health care and weak wages coupled with low benefits, it is no wonder that middle class people don't really see a good economy. It's hard to spin the reality of every day living with success.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 10:23 am
revel wrote:
401K-enron anyone?

When you consider the rising cost of health care and weak wages coupled with low benefits, it is no wonder that middle class people don't really see a good economy. It's hard to spin the reality of every day living with success.

Go stick your head in the sand.

Since when did investing your 401K equate anywhere to Enron?

You must be suggesting working class people are too stupid to understand how to invest in mutual funds in their 401k's. So you must agree with Kerry that working class people must go in the military.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 10:33 am
McG wrote: So you voted for Bush?

Huh, never would have figured that.

There's another option your brain is incapable of conceiving.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 10:34 am
You voted for yourself?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 10:47 am
cjh wrote (in red): Hmmm. Things look like they're going pretty good to me. Unemployment is low,
The government stats on unemoployment is a BIG LIE. There are over two (2) million college grads every year, and only 70,000 jobs/month were created during Bush's reign. Do the math - if you can.

inflation is in check, the markets are skyrocketing,
Inflatiion is in check while wages lost buying power during Bush's reign. Most "expert" estimates put it as a "net loss" of about two percent, and that while college tuition, health insurance, and fuel costs have increased at double digits. More middle class families fell into poverty, and the uninsured for health care increased from 39 million to 46 million under Bush. That you think the markets are "skyrocketing" has little value to families whose savings have been dkkepleted, and their debt increased. Yeah, great accomplishment.

they're celebrating in Iraq (ouch, that has to hurt you lefties).
You're listening to FOX news too much!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 10:49 am
cjh wrote: You voted for yourself?

See? Dumb and dumber...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
cjh wrote (in red): Hmmm. Things look like they're going pretty good to me. Unemployment is low,
The government stats on unemoployment is a BIG LIE. There are over two (2) million college grads every year, and only 70,000 jobs/month were created during Bush's reign. Do the math - if you can.

Sure, you forgot that 10's of thousands of people leave the workforce every month. They retire. They change jobs. They die.

But of course you'd overlook that convenient fact to prove your non-point.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:04 am
1.) The US workforce continues to grow, and 2.) more older people are working beyond the "legal" retirement age. You also fail to see the loss in jobs in manufacturing and high tech (both being off-shored to China and India).
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:05 am
cjhsa wrote:
the markets are skyrocketing

WTF? What markets are you looking at that are skyrocketing? It took the DOW what five years to get to it's previous high. We are in a secular bear marker. No doubt about it. What we are seeing is a short-term rally contrary to the general bear trend.

BTW anyone who would make a statement like "the markets are skyrocketing" doesn't know **** about investing. There are always markets that are up while other markets are down. For instance, a few months back the oil market was skyrocketing. Now it's in bear mode. In fact, lower oil prices has helped the equities market. Again, even novice investors understand that at any point in time, ceratin sectors are up while others are down.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 11:10 am
Roxannne, Well stated; people like cjh has absolutely no credibility. He's a FOX ingenue.
0 Replies