BPB are you celebrating early? Drunk Drunk Drunk

BBB Laughing

evidently Laughing ...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:29 am
timberlandko wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Kerry's screwups have not killed anyone.

You might wanna let Dith Pran know that - I'm sure it'll make him feel better.

Kerry's screwups somehow facilitated the Cambodian massacres?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:33 am
Wow; that is a major screwup!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:52 am
snood wrote:
timberlandko wrote:
Advocate wrote:
Kerry's screwups have not killed anyone.

You might wanna let Dith Pran know that - I'm sure it'll make him feel better.

Kerry's screwups somehow facilitated the Cambodian massacres?

Kerry's statements and actions are among those which contributed to the chain of events which culminated with the Cambodian Holocaust. I don't say it was his fault, just that he is among those at fault, and that he held a leadership position in the ill-considered anti-war/anti-US movement which precipitated the tragedy. He maintains his course yet today, and consequences no less dire would proceed from the realization of his agenda.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 12:18 pm
Of coarse, PoPot had very little to do with the Cambodian massacre. He was influenced by Kerry; the devil told him to do it.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 12:24 pm
Pol Pot and his Khmer Rouge thugs had very much more to do with it than did Kerry, who was just a player - albeit a major player - in just one of several factors which came together to let the tragedy happen.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 12:38 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Pol Pot and his Khmer Rouge thugs had very much more to do with it than did Kerry, who was just a player - albeit a major player - in just one of several factors which came together to let the tragedy happen.

Nixon?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 12:59 pm
Nixon gets a share of blame too, certainly. For that matter, so would Ho Chi Minh and crew, Mao and freinds, them boys in Moscow at the time, and the U.N. which, true to form, did nothing apart from "voice concern".
Any calamity, disaster, or tragedy is likely to depend on many causes and players, and that one was no different; it had lotsa help.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 01:27 pm
Timber, that is as big a stretch as I have seen on a2k. Are you aka Plastic Man?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 02:39 pm
I'm unsurprised that would be your take, Advocate.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 03:57 pm
Can you connect those dots any better, Timber? I mean yeah, Kerry spoke against the Vietnam war after he fought in it, but how did he help bring about the ethnic cleansing of PolPot's killing fields?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 03:57 pm
I guess 9/11, the growing deficits, torture, etc., were caused by Kerry. Please, we all know that these things were caused by Clinton.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 04:13 pm
As said, snood, Kerry's game was just one of many links in the chain of missteps which led to the Killing Fields; there was no one cause, many factors worked together to bring about what happened.

Advocate, it would appear either you have an odd view of history or you have a proclivity for straw. I suspect a bit of both.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 04:16 pm
snood, It only takes a bit of imagination and political bias. It's really easy.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 04:20 pm
Where's the imagination and bias there, c. i.?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 05:17 pm
Some people just can't see through their own bias.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 05:25 pm
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:03 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Some people just can't see through their own bias.

The imagination and bias of that NYT bit-o-screed is blatant. Where is the imagination and bias within the statement " Kerry's game was just one of many links in the chain of missteps which led to the Killing Fields; there was no one cause, many factors worked together to bring about what happened." or in that statement's companion, "Nixon gets a share of blame too, certainly. For that matter, so would Ho Chi Minh and crew, Mao and freinds, them boys in Moscow at the time, and the U.N. which, true to form, did nothing apart from "voice concern".
Any calamity, disaster, or tragedy is likely to depend on many causes and players, and that one was no different; it had lotsa help.
?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:14 pm
To include Kerry as one of the cause for Pol Pot's killings fields is a stretch where once clamed without direct support is bias on its own merits. If you include Kerry as one of thos responsible, can you also name others at his level of responsbility? Then the question becomes, why? I see bias written all ove rit.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 06:28 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Kerry's statements and actions are among those which contributed to the chain of events which culminated with the Cambodian Holocaust. I don't say it was his fault, just that he is among those at fault, and that he held a leadership position in the ill-considered anti-war/anti-US movement which precipitated the tragedy. He maintains his course yet today, and consequences no less dire would proceed from the realization of his agenda.

The statements and actions of the Bush family are among those which contributed to the chain of events which culminated with the Nazi Holocaust. I don't say it was their fault, just that they were among those at fault, and that they held a leadership position in financing the anti-semitic/anti-Jews movement which precipitated the tragedy.....

<sheesh>
0 Replies