The Sopranos

kickycan

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 12:15 am
Damn, I have been off this show for the last two seasons, but I saw it a couple weeks ago, and it looks like it's getting good again. And now after hearing you all talk about it, I think I'm gonna have to give it another shot (no pun intended).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:50 pm
No whacking the TV, please. It will make other programs holy.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 12:14 pm
Well, that last was an odd episode, with Junior trying to get a break from house arrest by attending funerals, and Tony finding a substitute for the mother he pretty much never had.

The question is, had Fran Felstein really visited the father's grave for years, or had she merely noticed the funeral in the paper, and taken a chance on running a con on Tony? They certainly didn't pass up the opportunity to portray everyone as sociopaths, with Tony's dad unconcerned about his wife's possibly dangerous miscarriage, and Fran Felstein continuing to smoke while associating with a boyfriend who had terminal emphysema.
0 Replies

KYN2000

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 02:37 pm
Squinney:

Quote:
My favorite scene ever is always gonna be when he and Christopher were out in the woods doin in the Russian. Paulie ... "Tony says he's a decorated... Christopher... "Really? His house looked like sh!t!"

Squinney, Tony actually, said this:

"He was a effin decorated Interior Minister"

And then Paulie came back with his "Yogi Berraism".
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 04:10 am
Are Tony and Carmela back together?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 28 Apr, 2004 09:16 am
Nope. They had a breif interlude but from the previews of the next episode they are headed for a nasty divorce.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:45 am
That is if Carmella can find an attorney Tony hasn't contaminated. This is a quandry that perhaps won't get solved unless Tony gets whacked in the last episode?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:45 am
(Or turns states evidence on the mob after a contract is put out on him?)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:37 am
I don't think Tony would ever turn state's evidence. He's too deeply into the lifestyle. And I think he'd pretty much know how to handle a contract on him, since it's his business to be able to deal with that kind of thing.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:14 am
Tony is a naughty boy. Can't stand his sister being happy. Gotta prove her wrong along with all that anger management "nonsense."

Thought a day on the farm mighta had a better affect on him...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 08:40 am
Hi, squinney, and welcome to A2K!

Tony's personality gets more complex as the series progresses and there's only three more episodes left. He certainly seems like he is a manic depressive and has always had some kind conflicted feelings about his sister. When he alluded to her being a murderer it was ironic and another window into his warped character.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:03 am
MORE complex?????

Yikes! And I thought Bear was a complicated ... Never mind.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 10:12 am
You mean the Bear in the Soprano's yard? Or our own Bear? Wouldn't it be fitting if the Bear in the yard ends up making Tony a nice meal in the final episode?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:07 am
Oh! That would be juicy!

I had been wondering about the significance of the bear. (in the yard, not my own - LOL) Was thinking more along the lines of "male (Tony) protection of the female" type machoism and the symbolism of Tony being a bear to live with, but hadn't considered it being Tony's finale!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:18 am
The bear showed up again last week in a brief cameo lurking again on the patio. I wonder if we are being set up? '

Scene:

Tony is in the patio arguing again with Carmella who is standing in the back door. The bear approaches from the rear in an out-of-focus shot over Tony's shoulder. Carmella obviously sees the bear and doesn't warn Tony. The bear attacks Tony and they both fall into the emptied pool (which we've also been set up for). End of Tony (Carmella can shoot the bear after it's done its deed).

Or Tony get's whacked outside the house and falls into the empty pool, kind of an homage to "The Great Gatsby."
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:26 am
Um, can we turn Tony around? I kinda want him to see it comin"... Is that mean?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:32 am
I thought it might be headed in that direction with the interest he expressed towards anger management. It might necessarily mean (sic) he has rejected that with the ending last night but does it really?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 11:41 am
LOL! I meant physically turn him around in your above scenario to see the bear coming at him!!! But, yeah, I thought the same thing about the anger management until the end.

No chance of turning him around mentally. If Melfie can't do it, I doubt you or I can. Haha
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 12:02 pm
As you say, the bear may be able to turn him around. Very Happy
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 10 May, 2004 03:22 pm
We can't polish off Tony too quickly. We do have one more season, don't we?
0 Replies