The Sopranos

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 09:41 am
SPOILER AHEAD

Well, Ralphy bites the dust for killing the horse (among other things we know or suspect he did and Tony Soprano suspected). The disposal of the body was horrifying and sardonically funny, and made me believe the writers are taking a clue from Quentin Tarentino again. We know someone is going to be extremely happy about this turn of events but won't it be obvious who whacked Ralphy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 27,177 • Replies: 290
No top replies

Peace and Love

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 09:59 am
Hi Lightwizard --

When I was watching "The Sopranos", I kept thinking about "CSI: Crime Investigation". Tony was leaving all kinds of evidence all over the place. He'll never get away with it!!!

Yes, it was horrifying and kinda hard to watch.....

Peace and Love
Sandra
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 10:08 am
They know bleach obliterates DNA but it looked to me like Christopher left some blood on the shower curtain -- the police will get involved and then what? Both Ralph and Tony had interest in the horse -- even if the fire remains as an accident on the books, the mob coherts will certainly put two and two together. They likely don't care. I knew something was up when Ralphy passed by Tony's confession about his ex-girlfriend. I think Tony was figuring out Ralphy was going to eventually turn into an enemy.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 10:32 am
Hi Lightwizard --

I just noticed the poll.... I voted for 'Uncle Junior'.... he's the old guy who is faking the brain injury, in order to have his trial dismissed.... It think the actor was having fun playing the role on last night's show....

Anyway... I was kinda surprised that they off'd Ralphy. I thought the writers would keep him around for the sake of conflict. However, the mob probably doesn't operate that way.... someone screws with the boss, they're dead. Tony was having fun when he was driving the backhoe. The fact that he was burying body parts seemed to be insignificant. Almost like he was glad to have had the chance to remember the good old days at his dad's construction sites.....

Peace and Love
Sanda
Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 10:46 am
The backhoe scene was brilliantly written -- you felt the sentimentality Tony likes to hide. You're right -- the fact that he was burying Ralphy's was par for the course. Tony was revenging all that Ralphy had done (more his love of the horse than anything else) and felt totally justified in off'ing him. It is their way.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:56 am
Even if they know it was Tony, you think anyone's going to miss him?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:57 am
I think Tony was actually killing Ralphie to clear the way for him to be doing the nasty with the great Italian arse girlfriend, although as usual his motives are convoluted and conflicted. Melphi would have a ball with this one, but I don't think Tony will be bringing it up with her. :wink:
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:12 am
There won't be anyone mourning the dissapearance of Ralphy and it's likely several of them will figure out it was Tony (Christopher sure didn't appear to swallow the story). Only a few more episodes left in the season so I'm glued to HBO (for "Six Feet Under" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm" as well).
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 01:52 pm
Uncle Junior gets my vote too- I love the way he sings!

ps. Did you know he has an album out now?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 06:59 am
I wanted to vote for Paulie, but I guess it is too late. I love Paulie's constant mix up of the language. (alligator tears... hahaha)

My favorite scene ever is always gonna be when he and Christopher were out in the woods doin in the Russian. Paulie ... "Tony says he's a decorated... Christopher... "Really? His house looked like sh!t!"

As for this past episode, I thought it was about time for Ralphy. Can't have weird sex stuff goin on in the mafia. and especially when Tone found out about the psychological stuff. Too unstable to be in his position.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 07:33 am
Sopranos this,Sopranos that.I´ve not seen a single episode.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:08 am
Welcome, Squinney!

Hebba -- not interested or don't get HBO? I thought I wasn't going to like the show because of all the hype but it turned out the hype had to be shoved aside to appreciate a well written, unique TV experience. Ditto "Sex and the City," "Six Feet Under," "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "OZ." Hardly even watch network TV anymore.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:15 am
I think it´s on SOMEWHERE LW but I´m not interested.Have way too much to do at my studio to sit in front of the TV.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:58 am
I think everyone who watched any TV figures they watch too much of it -- there's so much disposable material on the tube. "The Sopranos" is one of the few worth spending time on. You didn't like "I, Claudius" or any of the other quality TV fare?
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 10:59 am
Then I will check it out one fine evening.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:00 am
It is rather gory at times, so if you don't have a strong stomach! It's about human nature in the extreme.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:29 am
Man,I´m used to Italian exploitation flicks.I´m sure I´ll be able to handle an episode of The Sopranos.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 03:13 pm
Well, let's see -- the last episode feature a graphic dismemberment including a head being transferred out of a bathtub into a bowling ball carrying case. The bowling ball is heard in the background rolling down the stairs. But, it is about the Mafia, so I know you would expect that.
However, it isn't overused or overdone. Then again, when Christopher raises up the kitchen cleaver to begin the dirty deed, I did cringe. He had a look on his face like a butcher about to prepare a rack of lamb for a customer (albeit in a drugged stupor).
0 Replies

Lorna

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 03:25 pm
The Soprano's is one of my favourite shows--Think I'm behind a few series', though? Who's Ralphy?

Lorn
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 03:31 pm
Sunday evenings -- 9:00 PM for the new episodes. They'll begin repeating the season in the next month or so as this season is nearly over. This thread does contain spoilers to that particular episode. If you haven't been following this season, Ralphy is Ralph who purchased a racehorse with Tony Soprano.
0 Replies