The Sopranos

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 11:58 am
Personally, I enjoyed it and was not let down at all. It had all the elements I like in the show. It was sure better than a 30 minute dream sequence.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 12:04 pm
I love the analogy of Tony and the bear. Sheer satirical genius. For a moment I could envision Carmella at the back door with the shotgun and wounding him. The writers are clever in putting some wild thoughts in one's mind which is sometimes postively unnerving.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 12:14 pm
squinney wrote:
Cav - You can't catch it tonight?

Bear works on Sunday night, so I am supposed to not watch Soprano's or Deadwood until he's home on Monday night. Being the instant gratification freak that I am, I couldn't wait. I did hold off on Deadwood, though.

Nope, we won't get it again until tomorrow.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 12:34 pm
Oh, crap, cavfancier -- I hope we didn't give too many spoilers (you know how I feel about that).
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 12:38 pm
It's okay LW, I already saw the ending. Wink I just skimmed over whatever anyone mentioned, a sure guarentee that I'll forget by tomorrow night.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 06:48 am
Crime family saved by FBI?

Well, it was almost disappointing if not for Tony and whatshisname working out a plan to calm John down before the FBI arrived.

The bear scene was good.

The scene with Tony in a pinch seeking advice from his incoherent uncle was good too.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:39 am
I think a deal would have been reached between the NYC family and Tony's Jersey family if the FBI hadn't stepped in. They are following some historical precendent here. I remember last season when everyone was concerned about Adriana's link to the FBI was on the back burner for several episodes -- they are mapping out the storyline in a similar way to the first two Godfather movies. Hope they don't blow it like "Godfather III." That was the biggest letdown of the decade.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 07:40 am
squinney wrote:
Cav - You can't catch it tonight?

Bear works on Sunday night, so I am supposed to not watch Soprano's or Deadwood until he's home on Monday night. Being the instant gratification freak that I am, I couldn't wait. I did hold off on Deadwood, though.

And men are supposed to be the ones with the premature finishing problem Rolling Eyes I'm hoping for a final season that sets new records for murder, gore, violence, rape, dirty tricks, lies, deceit, and absolutely no redeeming qualities. Of course, if bush is reelected I can just watch the news for it.... , but I like Melfi a lot better than Laura :wink:
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 11:28 am
So did the FBI raid on Johnny Sack help or hurt Tony Soprano? I think it hurt, because the deal he and Johnny just worked out is now out the window. Did the FBI pick up the whole NY mob? If not, Phil Leotardo is still out there unchecked, and many in the NY family may think the Sopranos had something to do with it.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 11:33 am
Helped, and if Tony had waited just a little bit longer, he probably wouldn't have had to kill his cousin.

They rounded up most of the NY Family, according to Tony's lawyer, Neil.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 11:44 am
The mole was revealed in the NY mob which the FBI exploited for their arrests. The deal with Sack was only partially complete. I think they are at Tony's mercy in dealing with their defense.
0 Replies