The Sopranos

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 06:12 pm
Is this The Soprano thread or the war in Iraq? Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 07:54 pm
You guys have it all wrong...

Carmella will be taken out by the Bear. Tony will be able to see / know, but unable to help or save her. Devistated and unable to control himself, he'll go have fling with Melfi to reinforce his masculinity and counter his helplessness... Or, did he really want to help after all? While they are goin' at it, Cousin Tony gets whacked by NY family and gets used as fertilizer by the landscaping guys that moved into the territory.

Adriana appears at Bada Bing, muddy and with clothing torn, only to have Paulie ask if she changed designers or sumtin' as he backs away from the bar and...
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:27 pm
Can't wait for the last episode. I think Carmella turns up pregnant and Chwwisstophuuurrr gets a bullet. Next season will be a billy badass showdown with Johnny Sacks.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:40 pm
Squinney--

LOVE the bear angle! You know it showed up for something!
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 12:33 pm
I have it on good authority that NEXT season ends with Dr. Melfi saying "I can't take this anymore", shooting Tony S. between the eyes, and running off with Carmela to have an affair.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 06:33 pm
Countdown!!!!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:12 pm
<heavy sigh>

letdown

<not so good>

<kicks can>
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:15 pm
I was right about Tony whacking his cousin and trying to end the confrontation but I wasn't anticipating this! I don't see it as a letdown 'cause the irony is Tony didn't have to whack his cousin.
Now Tony is the big boss?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:18 pm
For me too Sofia. I won't go into detail now because of posters who live in different time zones and haven't seen the show yet...but I don't think it ended as good as it should have.

What the heck. The pizza was delish, our company just left and I have a nice buzz from the wine. All is well in doglover's world. Mr. Green
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 08:21 pm
Lightwizard wrote:

Now Tony is the big boss?

Looks like the world is Tony's oyster if he wants it.

"What happened to your shoes Tony, they're soaking wet" Said Carmella. LOL!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:05 pm
I'll be a lot more careful about telling people to be true to their feelings, that's for sure! Melfi shoulda known what that could mean.

I liked the "bear" coming out of the woods, though!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:12 pm
I really thought Anthony, Jr was gonna get it... So much focus, so little substance...

...and when I saw those guys running up, I thought they were Sack's guys, coming for Tony...

Guess Tony will be the Cheese next season...
0 Replies

jasmine mirage

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:12 pm
Quote:
<heavy sigh>

letdown

<not so good>

<kicks can>

I'm with you Sofia!! I couldn't wait to see it tonight and without going into details for those who might have tivo'd it, I'm disappointed too...is that all there was? I literally gasped when I saw those two guys with the guns approaching Tony, thinking wow..here it comes and then.....snore
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 11:49 pm
My eyes are closed. Don't tell me! Going to watch it now!
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 03:18 am
I wasn't disappointed. In a twisted sort of way, Tony did the right thing for his people. And we hadn't seen him whack someone in person in a long time.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 03:21 am
I was working last night, and only caught the last ten minutes. Then I couldn't stay up to watch the replay. <sigh> I'll see it on Tuesday and pass judgement. This season has been different, so I am curious to see how it ends.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 08:13 am
Cav - You can't catch it tonight?

Bear works on Sunday night, so I am supposed to not watch Soprano's or Deadwood until he's home on Monday night. Being the instant gratification freak that I am, I couldn't wait. I did hold off on Deadwood, though.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 08:47 am
I think Swearegen on "Deadwood" just broke the record for the most "f" words not only for an hour show but for how many times in a minute and while getting a "Clinton" from one of the whores. My Mom was here watching the 7:00 PM HBO East broadcast and I quickly cut it off, turning the channel over to the Tony Awards. Yikes! (Mom's not what you would call a prude but that was a bit much).

Back to "The Sopranos," I thought the climax was logical and although I could have seen an attempt on Anthony Jr. or other close member of the family like Christopher, I believe the writers had to set up the final season. Tony will likely be the big boss for Jersey and NYC so we'll have to wait until next season to see what's left of Miami. Hey, we have Mafia right here in Newport Beach, the O.C. They congregate at a certain Italian restaurant and bar on the water and one of my former roommates rented one of his apartments to a hit man. He didn't know it, of course, until the guy dissapeard and he went into the apartment. There were a lot of clues beforehand but when he opened the downstairs closet door it was filled with sniper type weapons including handguns with silencers. Yikes, again!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 10:05 am
Yep, I think you are right, Lightwiz. The next season's set up was the goal. Regarding Tony B. : The handwriting was on the wall. When Sil had his talk with T it was clear that the family did not have the stomach for a war. I think Sil better watch his back, though.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 11:42 am
What's with Tony being concerned that AJ is gay because he's into event planning and such. Maybe AJ and Vito will get it on next season. LOL

I thought Tony was going to have a heart attack running through the woods like that.
0 Replies