The Sopranos

Lorna

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 03:39 pm
Ok, that should be in the UK in about...whenever they decide to bring it back...unless of course they have, and I haven't noticed...haven't watched TV since September!

Lorn
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 11:16 am
I don't watch much tv, but I try never to miss the Soprano's. The show cracks me up more than anything. Some of those one liners have me laughing for days. On the last one as hard as it was to watch Christopher do his thing to Ralph, I cracked up when he went to lift his head by grabbing his hair and Ralph's hair piece came off. The fact that Christopher had to chop the man up didn't phase him, but pulling that hair piece off sure freaked him out, lol Laughing
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 10:25 am
OK folks - what's the verdict on this week's episode? Furio and Carmela are bothering me and I wish the whole icky thing would just go away. I think Paulie is showing his true colors of loyalty (a bit surprised), and Chris is a big fat loser who should just OD and be done with it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 11:06 am
It's difficult to say whether the Furio/Carmela attraction is just teasing us as she has become more aware of the extensiveness of Tony's daliances. It makes me think she's not as resigned to them as would appear. I loved it that she managed to get the money out of the pool utility box to invest. This could be a big bomb toward the end of the series and we're just seeing the fuse burning. The big event was Christopher going into rehab -- how would his success possibly redeem him? Could he turn on Tony?
I'm consistently shocked that seeing them whack one another is just as matter-of-fact to me as it is to them. It's like sweeping dirt under a rug!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 03:15 pm
Last year I heard rumours that this was going to be the last season. Someone please tell me this is not true!!!! If they keep killing eachother there won't be anyone left http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/cwm/3dlil/ugh.gif
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:18 am
I don't know how they could tie up all the loose ends to end this season but I suspect next season could be their last. I don't know if its because they can't keep the cast together as it seems like new writers would come up with more plot situtations that would tell us more about these characters.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:36 am
regarding the Furio/Carmela attaction... I find Fulio's character a little hard to believe. He seems to be lacking the depth to explain his attaction to Carmela. On the other hand, I can totally believe Carmela's attraction. Her character has more depth.

I loved the way the portrait was saved and Tony was re-painted as a Napoleon look-alike. But, the eyes weren't changed. It was still Tony in the portrait.

I hope they keep the show running for another season. It always seems that it's the actors who want to end a series, so that they can go on to other projects.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 11:22 am
It looks to me like they are just building up the Furio character in each episode -- his trip back to Italy and reaction to it ("I don't belong there anymore") gives him a kind of lost lamb sympathy.
Carmela is hanging on to a tenuous marriage -- she's in denial about a lot of what Tony does but keeps getting clues like the broken fingernail -- she's the most enigmatic of any of the characters because I'm constantly wondering what the hell she's thinking. I'm alway aware of what Tony's thinking because he consistantly acts on it with a pattern. I agree that the closing in on the portrait at the end of the episode was chilling. No matter what they all do, Tony is watching!
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 07:26 pm
I honestly don't think Paulie is going to keep the portrait. He seems to feel very uncomfortable with Tony looking over his shoulder. Seems that Tony has a soft spot for animals. Notice how he got very upset at Chistopher when he learned that he killed the dog!
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:06 pm
OhMyGosh.... that was soooo sad, when Christopher passed out (drugged out) on top of the dog and suffocated the poor thing!! First they burn a horse, then they beat Ralphy to death, then they suffocate a dog.
Geesh.... what will it be next???

I've noticed that some of the storylines seem to just disappear.... like the daughter returning to college.... and the wife with the eating disorder.... and the guy who is getting all the casseroles after his wife dies.... the kid who was shot with an arrow....
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:07 pm
I also wonder what Paulie thinks he's going to do when Tony just pops in like he's prone to do?

And isn't Tony's concern about animals but desensitiveness toward a human being killed mirror our society in some way?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 08:56 pm
I cried when Christopher sat on the dog and when the horse got burned. I'm like Tony when it comes to those things. Christopher is such a loser.

I'm glad that they stopped focusing on the kids so much because I think they are both extremely boring.

I was wondering the same thing Lightwizard. I kept waiting for Tony to show up at the door and flip when he see's his painting on the wall, especially since he's been in real bad mood.

I think that making Tony sensative towards animals is a way of saying that everyone has a soft spot somewhere.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 11:19 am
They're all losers that are winning in a way. Christopher is an addict and it will be something the writers will have to address -- if he becomes a recovering addict but stays in the mob. What kind of redemption would that be?
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 10:56 am
Anybody out there? Quick notes on this week's episode.

Not sure what's going to happen now that T's done with the shrink. Maybe they just figured that they weren't using her on the show. Either that or he's going to snap like a twig.

Too much Janice. A bit stupid this week. Although, I get the feeling that not only is there going to be an all out turf war, but maybe Tony will be the only one to come out of it alive.

The jury's still out about Paulie. I think I just want him not to be a traitor.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 12:09 pm
Paulie's gonna die.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 06:58 pm
I think the fall of Tony Soprano has been foreshadowed.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2002 07:56 pm
If Paulie gets killed off, I think it's safe to say that this will be the last season :-(
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2002 04:27 am
I have read that they are already committed to do at least one more year, and possibly a major motion picture as well.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 12:53 am
Hi Maxesdadeo :-D Long time no see.

I hope it continues. I was disapointed by this weeks episode though. It was pretty boring in my opinion.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 28 Nov, 2002 07:26 am
It is good to see you as well, gezzy, and I concur on last week's show.

Am I correct in thinking that there is just one more episode for this season?
0 Replies