The Sopranos

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 05:45 am
Adriana, come back....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 06:33 am
The smokin' one gets smoked. Who thinks she knew she was going to be whacked in the car? Was that the reason why she was crying, or was it just that she was so blinded by her love for Christopher?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 06:48 am
I thought Christopher would crack and try to do Tony in but to my surprise he appears to be loyal to the bitter end. I guess when he saw that poor couple at the gas station he decided he liked money and power more.

Poor Adrianna, stuck in the middle of the worst of lose/lose situations. After she was killed I started thinking death would be better than the hell she was living.

Tony and Carmela

Tony and Johnny

Tony and Tony B.

Wonder how much the finale give us on all that's going on?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 06:51 am
Hmmm...well, I think there will be one more season, so I'm guessing the finale will leave us hanging. I think Steve Buschemi is next on the hit list.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:06 am
cavfancier wrote:
The smokin' one gets smoked. Who thinks she knew she was going to be whacked in the car? Was that the reason why she was crying, or was it just that she was so blinded by her love for Christopher?

It occurred to me while she was crying that she might know she was going to get whacked, but in retrospect, I don't think she did. I think she was crying because of the whole situation, including her problems with the law.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:08 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
cavfancier wrote:

It occurred to me while she was crying that she might know she was going to get whacked, but in retrospect, I don't think she did. I think she was crying because of the whole situation, including her problems with the law.

I had the same thoughts, but it was great how they made it a bit nebulous. Great writing and direction.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:46 am
They had me suckered. I didn't realize she was going to get it until I noticed they were driving into the woods.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:52 am
Yeah, I didn't think she was getting whacked either, the way she and Chris had been acting the last few episodes made all the pieces fit.

The only catch was Chris watching the poor family at the gas station but that was very low key.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:54 am
Brand X wrote:
Yeah, I didn't think she was getting whacked either, the way she and Chris had been acting the last few episodes made all the pieces fit.

The only catch was Chris watching the poor family at the gas station but that was very low key.

That was an awesome display of subtlety. You could only tell by the look on his face that he was thinking "This is not the life I want."
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:02 am
When he saw the poor schlip at the store, I thought there was no way Chrissy would leave the Family. That's why the suicide story seemed plausible. He really had no other choice. The witness protection program was not for Chris.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:13 am
I had trouble interpreting what Christopher was thinking when he see the ordinary family pile into the car. Was he going to whack Adrianna or what? I did buy the suicide scheme and my stomach sunk when I saw the woods. Oh, well, she's got a role on "Joey," the spin off from "Friends" in the Fall! Very Happy

It floored me when the banner came up about there being two shows left until the end of the season. I was preparing myself for the end of the mob.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:29 am
Lightwizard wrote:
I had trouble interpreting what Christopher was thinking when he see the ordinary family pile into the car.

He might have been thinking, "I'm going to be like that? No way!"
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:46 am
You're right about that and it follows with Christopher's consistent angst about being controlled. He likely thought that there's no way he could become a big shot when the feds are looking after you. I was actually referring to what he was going to do about it. I thought immediately that he was going to go back and whack Adrianna himself.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:48 am
Well, he nearly choked her til death anyway.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:04 am
I also thought she'd come to her senses and go to the FBI for protection. Ain't love grand?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 09:09 am
Yeah, the little sequence from her thoughts where she was in the T-Bird with her little red suitcase had me there for a moment.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 11:58 am
The writers really can turn one on their ear -- an extremely violent episode with Tony ending up beating the crap out of Christopher. Than cut to the domestic scenes with Carmella, who finally shows she can be a true whore taking Tony back for a piece of property. And again, in the woods. Seems like almost everyone is not out of the woods, though.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:03 pm
Why did Tony beat Christopher anyway? I could come up with a few scenarios, but I really don't know.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:05 pm
My take is that Tony beat Christopher because he's drinking again, and can't be reliable in that state.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:07 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
...the domestic scenes with Carmella, who finally shows she can be a true whore taking Tony back for a piece of property.

Look at the difference between Carmella and Diane Keaton's character in the Godfather (2???). Kay left Michael because she couldn't stand what he did for a living, and aborted her pregnancy rather than create another member of the Corleone family. Carmella knows full well what her income and lifestyle are based on and doesn't give it a second thought.
0 Replies