The Sopranos

PDiddie

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 08:34 pm
Frank, you just strike me as a member of the Family.

Dunno why... :wink:
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:49 am
PDiddie wrote:
Frank, you just strike me as a member of the Family.

Dunno why... :wink:

I'd comment...but then I'd have to send someone out to....ya know! :wink: :wink:
0 Replies

sss2333

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 12:30 pm
The sopranos is awesome, I do not have HBO but I just spent the last month watching every episode from the 1st 4 seasons on dvd.

I am clearly hooked.........

SSS
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 12:52 pm
I'm really anxious to see the viewer figures for tomorrow's show. Not only is the show popular in its own right, but there is this pent up eagerness based on the long absence. and the advertising campaign on cable and network TV plus the print media is among the most intense I can recall for a returning show.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 01:05 pm
I gotta stress this again: My guess is that they are gonna turn Tony into a monster.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 03:23 pm
Ton-Y, Ton-Y, Ton-Y...Come on, folks join in the chant.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 03:54 pm
Frank, They don't have that far to go if they're gonna turn Tony into a monster. I still get a bit of a shiver when I remember Tony offing a guy while Meadow was at a college interview. Then he picked her up and didn't bat an eye. Didn't break a sweat.

Swimpy, I'm with you. Ton-Y, Ton-Y, Ton-Y.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 03:51 pm
A long wait, but worth it.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:03 pm
Very unusual first chapter!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:14 pm
Oh yeah, good first season episode...quiet, unexpected a bit...loved it.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 04:30 pm
A good opener offering a basis for many plot threads. I particularly liked the unity of Christopher and Paulie when facing the waiter. (Woe unto he who faces up to a member of the mob.) Obviously the "nicey nicey" will be short lived.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:44 pm
I love this show! Hands down the best written, acted and directed drama on TV.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:46 pm
flyboy804 wrote:
I particularly liked the unity of Christopher and Paulie when facing the waiter. (Woe unto he who faces up to a member of the mob.) Obviously the "nicey nicey" will be short lived.

THAT was SO evil!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:49 pm
fealola wrote:
flyboy804 wrote:
I particularly liked the unity of Christopher and Paulie when facing the waiter. (Woe unto he who faces up to a member of the mob.) Obviously the "nicey nicey" will be short lived.

THAT was SO evil!

Having worked for a short time in the food service industry back in the 80's, I can tell you nothing is tackier than following a customer to the parking lot to gripe about a bad tip. That little weasel had forfeited so much of his dignity he deserved to die.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:49 pm
fealola wrote:
flyboy804 wrote:

THAT was SO evil!

Having worked for a short time in the food service industry back in the 80's, I can tell you nothing is tackier than following a customer to the parking lot to gripe about a bad tip. That little weasel had forfeited so much of his dignity he deserved to die.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2004 05:50 pm
Yeah, man. You're right. Death to Moochers!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 03:34 pm
I thought that episode was kind of a weak kickoff to what will obviously be a violent, bloody, occasionally disgusting season.

I really enjoy this show and its characters, but I think I'm going to be revolted as it unfolds. That seems like a bad thing, but I'm sure I'll still watch.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 01:19 pm
I did enjoy the opening episode -- Tony's beginning to play the cards he's been hiding and more will be revealed. Anyone watching this show and not expecting that violence will play a role in this final (?) season should watch "The Godfather." Of course -- the cozy little Italian family aspect even with it's ups-and-downs has to take a second seat to the real theme of the show. It's about murderous gangsters and it's done without any particular moralizing except that some of them get their due. Isn't that like real life?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 01:26 pm
The confrontation and murder outside the restaurant reminded me of the scene in the car in "Pulp Fiction." The series doesn't just draw from past Mafia films.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2004 02:01 pm
I'm more curious about Tony and Carmela's separation that anything else. How do you walk out on a mob boss? Put him out of his own house?
By the way, why did they separate? Was she just fed up with his work or his hoochies? Did someone call her? I caught a glimpse of that the other night.
0 Replies