The Sopranos

Brand X

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:08 pm
I wonder if Tony has really changed his ways any although he looked very worried there in the woods.

Is he going to help Carmella swing this property deal because (1) He's remorseful about all he did in their marriage, and (2)He wants to to something really big for her now because he thinks he may not live through the Family war.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:09 pm
cavfancier wrote:
My take is that Tony beat Christopher because he's drinking again, and can't be reliable in that state.

Quite possibly, although a couple of times he's beaten that employee in the Bing just for the heck of it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:10 pm
Brand X wrote:
I wonder if Tony has really changed his ways any although he looked very worried there in the woods.

Is he going to help Carmella swing this property deal because (1) He's remorseful about all he did in their marriage, and (2)He wants to to something really big for her now because he thinks he may not live through the Family war.

I think he just wanted his family life back, and I would be very surprised if he's given up having women on the side.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:16 pm
Tony is a complex character, but I thought that in last night's episode, he was clearly concerned about Christopher's drinking. He went medieval on Chris when he beat Adrianna in an earlier episode, because he was drinking. I dunno, I just think Tony is trying to knock some sense into the boy.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 12:59 pm
I thought Adriana was crying because she thought that Christopher tried to kill himself because of her. I didn't catch on that they were driving into the woods. I don't know what the surrounding area of the hospital looks like.

I thought Tony beat Christopher because C said he was taking heroin. Did I hear wrong?

This was a good episode. I'm relieved after last week's very long dream.

And what will Big Tony do about Little Tony?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 01:21 pm
Roberts -- you're right. Tony didn't really flip out when Christopher downed a beer earlier in the episode in front of him but when Tony noticed he was in a different state than from just drinking, Christopher admitted to snorthing some Heroin.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 01:33 pm
I agree with you, Lightwiz, about Carmella to a point. She has always been willing to look the other way where Tony is concerned as long as she got what she wanted. However, Tony had made sure that she was not going to get out of this marraige by tainting all of the top divorce lawyers. The message to Carmella was, "If you want out of this marriage, you will get nothing." I think Carmella is just accepting her lot in life, but is going to make sure she gets a piece of the action.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 02:01 pm
That's got to be true, Swimpy. Carmella was pissed at the roadblocks Tony was putting up but ultimately I think it added to her attraction to his power. Then again, in the past some things were held back from the audience -- maybe Carmella has a good idea that Tony may not come out of this latest confrontation alive.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 02:01 pm
(She'll end up being one rich widow).
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 12:21 pm
One of the guys in my office tells me that the cast was on Letterman last night doing a skit of the top 10 things you'll never hear on the Sopranos. Wish I had seen that.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 12:39 pm
Adrianna...am astounding dumb ass. Death was the best thing for her. Chris will never betray Tony IMO, but there are some major jealousy issues with tony b who I think may end up a survivor. Philly needs whacking, I've never liked him much, and I'm wondering if in his current deteriorating state tony is any match for old school Johnny Sacks.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 02:04 pm
I missed it too -- the cast was on, one of their few appearances together.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 05:16 pm
I saw the cast on Letterman last night. Here's the list. James Gandolfini stole the show.

Top Ten Things Never Before Said on "The Sopranos"

10. "You don't have any money? That's cool"
(Dominic Chianese)

9. "Screw this home cooking -- I'm going to the Olive Garden"
(Aida Turturro)

8. "In addition to disposing of bodies, you'll need to know how to use Powerpoint and Excel"
(Steven Van Zandt)

7. "Wasn't that the guy from Springsteen's E Street Band?"
(Robert Iler)

6. "I just hooked up an illegal cable box. Now I'm getting free HBO"
(Jamie-Lynn Discala)

5. "Tony, I'm gonna need to leave early today for Rosh Hashanah"
(Tony Sirico)

4. "I want a bigger part -- what are you gonna do, kill my character?"
(Drea de Matteo)

3. "Hey Paulie, how about you and me going up to Massachusetts and getting married?"
(Michael Imperioli)

2. "I can't go to prison -- Martha Stewart will eat me alive!"
(Edie Falco)

1. "I just whacked myself"
(James Gandolfini)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 06:07 pm
When Tony called her, I told my husband--Chris turned on her. She's gonna get it.

I was really shocked she'd get in a car with anybody!!! With all the crap that's gone on, and how nutty everything is, when a mob guy says so and so will pick you up, I say OK--and catch a plane.

I thought she knew at first when she was looking at the woods on the ride--but later, it seemed like it had been a surprise. She was all in the Christopher/ Witness Program mode, IMO.

I'm surprised at how much that one show turned me against Carmela. The *600K for Love* deal left me cold.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 06:13 pm
We may get treated to a full out gang war.
The Tony's against Sack and Co.

I can't believe how quickly they dispatched the surveillance angle. I thought they'd wind up in prison, with some suicides. Looks like war, now.

I think the Tony's and Co will go for Sack and Crew.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 06:55 pm
I saw the Letterman show. Can't believe they got James Gandolfini to do it. And no Dr. Malfi.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 08:00 pm
I'll watch for a repeat of the Letterman show. Thanks for posting the Top Ten, swimpy.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:19 am
Do you think Christopher could be arrested or questioned in the dissapearance or murder of Adrianna? (FBI agent knows of his history of battering). If so, I think he would turn states evidence and blab it all. I'm not sure how they could prove whether she is dead or missing though.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 11:26 am
Good Lord. I wonder what they did with her body? (Cut to kibble size...They knew the FBI would be looking for it.)

I remember the FBI telling Adrianna that she had to wear a wire to get the Witness Protection Program. Maybe, without Adrianna's testimony or tapes, they can't pressure Christopher...

(I DO keep flashing on Christopher being an advisor/ writer for a show like The Sopranos...)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 12:00 pm
It would be helpful if Christopher's phone had been tapped, so they could hear the phony story about Christopher being in the hospital. I am surprised that Tony exposed himself by making the call personally, although at least he used a pay phone.
0 Replies