The Sopranos

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 01:39 pm
Michael Imperioli has, of course, written and directed episodes of the show and if the next season is truly the last, I'm sure he won't have trouble writing, directing or producing another show. HBO has a lot of confidence in his talent.

I think Brandon may have come up with another loophole in the plot (there are more than one) -- let's see if they cover themselves on whether Christopher's phone being tapped. I don't remember Adrianna ever being asked to put a tap on the phone and if not, the FBI is again made to look rather ineffectual.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:02 pm
I was thinking the "character" Christopher may end up in Hollywood.

The woman who's been hounding Adrianna was listening to NPR on the last episode. Wondering what they were trying to say...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:18 pm
I don't know what was meant by that but her character made Adrianna into a sympathetic character. That was, of course, a set-up to make us all feel crushed over Adrianna's demise.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:27 pm
(The show does have some fun making the FBI seem a bit buffonish).
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 03:32 pm
I was sorry to see her die, but it was inevitable. She was pretty naive to trust Christopher. But...now how much can the rest of the mob trust Christopher?

Rumor has it that Adriana actress Drea de Mateo will be on the "Friends" spinoff "Joey" next season.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 05:58 pm
We know Christopher was not satisfied and we know Adriana knew he wasn't satisfied. That's probably why she trusted him.

I did allude to the casting of Drea de Mateo the "Joey" show and that looks official.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 02:54 pm
Wasn't Adriana related to the Apriles?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 03:22 pm
Post deleted.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 28 May, 2004 09:34 pm
Hey.

Did anybody see the previews? What were the snippets?

I can't believe it's almost over.

<Why didn't HBO show reruns of Carnivale? I never saw the last four or so episodes. >
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 08:24 am
I believe they were making a point in Christopher's beating up on Adriana -- that too many women do put up with it and don't report it.

I don't know what they'll show as a preview after the season finale on Sunday. They may or may not announce that it is the final season and when it will start.

HBO did show the entire "Carnivale" in a marathon at the end of the series and if their programming remains consistant they will begin reshosing Season 1 a few months before Season 2 begins.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 08:38 am
I think the season finale is not this Sunday but next. That movie with Mos Def is on this Sunday. They want to keep us hanging.

Equus, I think you are right about Adrianna being related to the Apriles, but I can't remember the exact relationship. Wasn't she also Paulie's neice?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 09:16 am
I meant to be complete but goofed: Sunday, June 6th is the season finale.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:19 am
I didn't want you to be sitting in front of your tv, popcorn in hand, and be disappointed. Laughing
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:23 am
You'll be joyfully munching away while the actors are strewing up the scenery. (With bodies).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 May, 2004 11:26 am
Then what should come up on Fox Movie Channel last evening was the Coen Brothers's "Miller's Crossing," which was the title's forested area where the mysterious body shows up in the plot and eerily recalled the scene where Adriana is whacked.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:24 pm
[thanks for deleting, doglover]
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:29 pm
In "Miller's Crossing" the whack is actually faked and the character is let go. I wonder.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:56 pm
buffytheslayer wrote:
[thanks, doglover]

No...thank YOU buffy.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 06:52 pm
I wonder what is going to happen in the season finale. Somebody's gotta get whacked, no? But who? Tony B? Johnny Sac? Who do you think?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2004 07:02 pm
They certainly plan on keeping us guessing -- that is the fun part of the show. We know they don't actually get whacked because they show up alive on other shows.
0 Replies