Foley Quits Amid Allegations of Email Sex Scandal

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:23 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Other way around; remember Foley's explanation that he was 'abused' by a priest? More is coming out about it.

In other news, I hear that an Illinois Republican's campaign is going to go all topsy-turvy either today or tommorrow. We'll see how it plays out.

Cycloptichorn

His explanation??

Give me an "efing" break with these knuckleheads. I am so tired of these excuses for human beings, always shifting blame to someone else.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:25 am
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Other way around; remember Foley's explanation that he was 'abused' by a priest? More is coming out about it.

In other news, I hear that an Illinois Republican's campaign is going to go all topsy-turvy either today or tommorrow. We'll see how it plays out.

Cycloptichorn

His explanation??

Give me an "efing" break with these knuckleheads. I am so tired of these excuses for human beings, always shifting blame to someone else.

Its not just the repubs.
Blaming someone else is an accepted legal defense,and sometimes it even works.

Would you like some examples?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:29 am
mysteryman wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

His explanation??

Its not just the repubs.
Blaming someone else is an accepted legal defense,and sometimes it even works.

Would you like some examples?

I do need examples of weak human beings who are unwilling to accept responsibility for their actions.

No one has to tell me that this nonsens is common on both sides of the aisle in the Senate.

The era of personal responsibility apparently is gone thanks to the liberalization of America.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:30 am
Quote:
An elderly priest acknowledged Thursday that he was naked in saunas with Mark Foley decades ago when the former congressman was a boy in Florida, but denied that the two had sex.

Quote:
His comments came after the Florida newspaper published a story on Thursday that quoted him as saying in an interview that he had an inappropriate two-year relationship with Foley in the 1960s that included massaging the boy in the nude.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/19/D8KRR8SO0.html

The plot thickens!
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:33 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:
An elderly priest acknowledged Thursday that he was naked in saunas with Mark Foley decades ago when the former congressman was a boy in Florida, but denied that the two had sex.

Quote:
His comments came after the Florida newspaper published a story on Thursday that quoted him as saying in an interview that he had an inappropriate two-year relationship with Foley in the 1960s that included massaging the boy in the nude.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/10/19/D8KRR8SO0.html

The plot thickens!

What plot? The only plot is this piece of garbage Foley trying to blame someone else for his actions.

And the media plays right into it. FOOLS!!!

PS: Make that I do NOT need examples of weak human beings. All I have to do is look at every one in the Senate and House to see weakness galore!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:37 am
I think most of the media understands that Foley is guilty. I haven't seen anyone try to defend him on the basis that he was abused himself; most on both the left and the right have been pretty derisive of this defense.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:40 am
woiyo- Don't get excited. I happen to agree with you. I was simply pointing out yet another instance of a priest abusing a boy. They seem to be coming out of the woodwork lately.

As I have said before, I agree that what Foley did was his responsibility, and by bringing up the issue of the priest, he is attempting to deflect the blame away from himself.

As another matter, it is true that abusers are often people who have been abused themselves as children. I think that we, as a society, need to do more to prevent the abuse of children, so as to break the cycle of abuse.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:43 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I think most of the media understands that Foley is guilty. I haven't seen anyone try to defend him on the basis that he was abused himself; most on both the left and the right have been pretty derisive of this defense.

Cycloptichorn

Guilty,but of what????
He did not,according to published reports,have sex with any of the pages,he did not do anything more then send stupid e-mails and disgusting IM's.
AS far as I know,he has not committed any crime.

I am not defending him,but I do find it interesting that some of you on the left have convicted him,when there so far is no evidence that he committed a crime,nor has he been charged with one.

Why are you not willing to give him the same consideration that you want given to people like rep. Jefferson of La,who had $90,000 in possible bribe money in his freezer.

Is he guilty of a crime,or is he inocent till proven guilty?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:48 am
Quote:

I am not defending him,but I do find it interesting that some of you on the left have convicted him,when there so far is no evidence that he committed a crime,nor has he been charged with one.

Why are you not willing to give him the same consideration that you want given to people like rep. Jefferson of La,who had $90,000 in possible bribe money in his freezer.

Is he guilty of a crime,or is he inocent till proven guilty?

He's innocent of a crime until proven guilty.

I think the largest difference between this case and the Jefferson one is that Jefferson has denied any wrongdoing, whereas Foley capitulated immediately. To most Americans, that is an admission of guilt.

Foley was engaged in predatory behvior towards young boys a quarter his age. This is a moral and ethical problem, not neccessarily a legal problem; he doesn't seem to have any charges brought against him yet.

As for Jefferson, hell, I'd like to see him go, and the Dems asked him to resign his leadership positions(turns out there are technical rules against that), but what they hell can they do? They can't force him out of congress, only his constituents can do that. As you said, he has a presumption of innocence until he is charged with a crime and proven guilty. If Foley had claimed innocence, Hastert would not have been able to force Foley out.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:53 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Then why is it such the HOT TOPIC in the media as well as here?

HE is trying to defend himself and this is all he could come up with? BLAME THE PRIEST?

The media and the public should be laughing at him.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 11:55 am
Priest denies the two had sex yet, there he was "massaging the boy in the nude".

What's that called? Physical therapy? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

It's the hot topic because it keeps the scandal going. Any sex-related scandal is good for the News Industry, and keeping it going is of primary importance to those who wish to sell papers.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

woiyo wrote:

Easy. The public LOVES sex scandals........the dirtier the better!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:00 pm
The reason this is continuing is because there is new information coming out. testimony to Congress, confessions of a priest.

If there was no new information there wouldn't be much more to talk about.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:02 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Easy. The public LOVES sex scandals........the dirtier the better!

Better than TV!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:03 pm
parados wrote:

If there was no new information there wouldn't be much more to talk about.

There's always gossip and for that you don't need news. All you need are 2 lips and a good imagination.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:08 pm
All the rumors are pointing to Weller (R-Ill) biting the dust either today or tommorrow, in another page scandal.

If it turns out to be true, the Republicans running for election in Congress better get ready to BOAKYAG.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:14 pm
BOAKYAG?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:16 pm
Bend Over And Kiss Your Ass Goodbye

I almost said that the situation had gone all FUBARed for them instead, but I like this one better.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:16 pm
snood wrote:
BOAKYAG?

Bend Over And Kiss Your Ass Goodbye
0 Replies