Foley Quits Amid Allegations of Email Sex Scandal

McGentrix

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 11:13 am
dlowan wrote:
okie wrote:
Typical of the libs, Finn dAbuzz. I pointed out the hypocrisy and they don't like it. All the things kuvasz says only condemns his side. Just one example, he points out Clinton was not prosecuted for rape or sexual harassment. To my knowledge, Foley has not either. Talk about partisanship, if this had been a Democrat, they would not care or would not say a word about it. And the guy himself would not admit a thing, but instead start hiring lawyers. Another great example of this is remember when Barney Frank had a male prostitute running his services out of Barney's apartment. Well, old Barney is still in Congress, no contrition, no admission of doing anything wrong, no nothing. If Barney had been a Republican, he would be gone long ago and totally forgotten by now. He probably would have resigned immediately once found out.

All of this points out one thing. Apparently, I say apparently, Democrats don't care about personal morality and do not think it matters, but only use it on Republicans as a political weapon because most Republicans do believe in it. Anytime a Democrat is accused, they bristle at the suggestion that it even matters, but when a Republican is caught, they accuse the Republicans of being crooks and moral hypocrits. Its a little like a preacher doing something wrong. They claim to adhere to a higher standard, so they catch more grief when they don't. Meanwhile the town crime ring go about doing what they please and what they've always done without ever being accused of being hypocrits. If anyone points out the crimes by the crime ring, they simply reply that the preacher does it too so it doesn't matter, and besides its a personal matter what you do in your personal life.

Let me reinterate one thing clearly. I never defended Foley. My posts have been simply for the purpose of pointing out liberal hypocrisy and a liberal double standard. Morality and corruption should be a non-partisan issue. People that are found to be corrupt should be opposed by both parties in every case, regardless of whether they are Democrats or Republicans. Once a party is more important than getting rid of corrupt politicians, we are in huge trouble, and that is why Clinton is constantly brought up as a reminder of this failure that needs to be corrected. The hatchet needs to swing both ways, not just as a political weapon to be used selectively whenever you think it might help your own party.

I note even words of one syllable are not simple enough for Okie.

Oh well...no more slumming it for me...it can wallow in its ignorance.

There are enough 2 dollar whores already dlowan. Don't feel bad no one is buying from you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 11:21 am
How do you think it is that you can get away with calling someone a two-dollar whore in an exchange about politics, and still have anything you say taken seriously?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 11:22 am
VIDEO: Foley..."We Track Library Books Better Than We Track Pedophiles"... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/10/01/video-foleywe-track-_n_30682.html
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 12:12 pm
snood wrote:
How do you think it is that you can get away with calling someone a two-dollar whore in an exchange about politics, and still have anything you say taken seriously?

easily snood, macky G has oft times mistaken dlowan for his dear old mum
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 12:49 pm
Shocked

Laughing

you are so bad, kuvasz....
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 01:00 pm
okie wrote:
Typical of the libs, Finn dAbuzz. I pointed out the hypocrisy and they don't like it. All the things kuvasz says only condemns his side. Just one example, he points out Clinton was not prosecuted for rape or sexual harassment. To my knowledge, Foley has not either. Talk about partisanship, if this had been a Democrat, they would not care or would not say a word about it. And the guy himself would not admit a thing, but instead start hiring lawyers. Another great example of this is remember when Barney Frank had a male prostitute running his services out of Barney's apartment. Well, old Barney is still in Congress, no contrition, no admission of doing anything wrong, no nothing. If Barney had been a Republican, he would be gone long ago and totally forgotten by now. He probably would have resigned immediately once found out.

All of this points out one thing. Apparently, I say apparently, Democrats don't care about personal morality and do not think it matters, but only use it on Republicans as a political weapon because most Republicans do believe in it. Anytime a Democrat is accused, they bristle at the suggestion that it even matters, but when a Republican is caught, they accuse the Republicans of being crooks and moral hypocrits. Its a little like a preacher doing something wrong. They claim to adhere to a higher standard, so they catch more grief when they don't. Meanwhile the town crime ring go about doing what they please and what they've always done without ever being accused of being hypocrits. If anyone points out the crimes by the crime ring, they simply reply that the preacher does it too so it doesn't matter, and besides its a personal matter what you do in your personal life.

Let me reinterate one thing clearly. I never defended Foley. My posts have been simply for the purpose of pointing out liberal hypocrisy and a liberal double standard. Morality and corruption should be a non-partisan issue. People that are found to be corrupt should be opposed by both parties in every case, regardless of whether they are Democrats or Republicans. Once a party is more important than getting rid of corrupt politicians, we are in huge trouble, and that is why Clinton is constantly brought up as a reminder of this failure that needs to be corrected. The hatchet needs to swing both ways, not just as a political weapon to be used selectively whenever you think it might help your own party.

Foley is a a twisted and disturbed individual. It seems that the sort of almost manic drive that is required to achieve political success and powers stems from a psychological profile that inevitably manifests itself in aberrant behavior, and reckless arrogance. It's difficult to assign any semblance of honor to an individual like Foley, but at least his immediate resignation upon learning the sordid details of his behavior were to be made public, spares us the infuriating spectacle of a congressman desperately and shameless trying to preserve shredded personal interest when the mere appearance of such a scandal should compel him to leave the scene. I think in this regard of Congressmen Jefferson and Ney, to name but two.

As for the hypocrisy of liberals you write of, I confess that I find the characteristic to be all too prevalent among our friends on the Left, but I have to admit that is unfair to paint all liberals with the same brush that so perfectly renders a select group of A2K liberals.

I don't think anyone should hold their breaths waiting for liberals, either of the A2K or wider stripe, to begin arguing that Foley has not, yet, been charged with any crimes, that his behavior is born of psychological illness rather than malignant perversion, and that attacks on him are little more than thinly veiled expressions of homophobia.

It is very disturbing that the Republican majority in the House may have known of Foley's behavior at least as early as this spring and rather than stir up a political hornets' nest chose to ignore it. It remains to be seen just how much of his actual specific behavior was known and there are reports that at least one of the boys' families requested that information on the communication not be shared, but these certainly seem to be thin lines of defense for the Republican leadership.

Let's face it though, just as Nancy Pelosi's tough talk and action on the right dishonorable gentleman from Louisiana, William Jefferson was generally dismissed on the Right as politically motivated, the same sort of cynical response from the Left probably would have greeted any earlier action by House Republicans.

It's hard to take seriously the poses of outrage from the great majority of members of either party, as their sense of propriety tends to be situational and highly dependent upon political considerations. In this regard they are all high practioners of the art of hypocrisy.

It's a shame though when this hypocrisy extends to their supporters in the general public who, frankly, have nothing to gain from it but the maintenance of a sense of rightness, and superiority.

In any case, my comment to kuvaz really had nothing to do with to his opinions on the subject of Foley (to the extent any were actually expressed in his vitriolic attack on you) but was rendered in response to the typically mephitic and base level of his habitual ad hominem sorties...which, by the way seem to be increasing of late. Perhaps it is a result of his recent and unfortunate illness or simply the disintegration of the last vestiges of his patience, and a resulting over application of scorn.

I will admit though that his noxious responses (one of which I'm sure is coming, if it hasn't already arrived on another thread), are more entertaining and engaging then the sort of lame drivel that slips from the lips of other posters: e.g. "Aw your neo-con dreams are crumbling," and "Stop being insipid Finn!"

A piece of friendly advice to Kuvaz though - The chronic use of pedophilia in your attacks has become hackneyed. You might want to switch to incest or even necromania.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:04 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
okie wrote:

Foley is a a twisted and disturbed individual. It seems that the sort of almost manic drive that is required to achieve political success and powers stems from a psychological profile that inevitably manifests itself in aberrant behavior, and reckless arrogance. It's difficult to assign any semblance of honor to an individual like Foley, but at least his immediate resignation upon learning the sordid details of his behavior were to be made public, spares us the infuriating spectacle of a congressman desperately and shameless trying to preserve shredded personal interest when the mere appearance of such a scandal should compel him to leave the scene. I think in this regard of Congressmen Jefferson and Ney, to name but two.

As for the hypocrisy of liberals you write of, I confess that I find the characteristic to be all too prevalent among our friends on the Left, but I have to admit that is unfair to paint all liberals with the same brush that so perfectly renders a select group of A2K liberals.

I don't think anyone should hold their breaths waiting for liberals, either of the A2K or wider stripe, to begin arguing that Foley has not, yet, been charged with any crimes, that his behavior is born of psychological illness rather than malignant perversion, and that attacks on him are little more than thinly veiled expressions of homophobia.

It is very disturbing that the Republican majority in the House may have known of Foley's behavior at least as early as this spring and rather than stir up a political hornets' nest chose to ignore it. It remains to be seen just how much of his actual specific behavior was known and there are reports that at least one of the boys' families requested that information on the communication not be shared, but these certainly seem to be thin lines of defense for the Republican leadership.

Let's face it though, just as Nancy Pelosi's tough talk and action on the right dishonorable gentleman from Louisiana, William Jefferson was generally dismissed on the Right as politically motivated, the same sort of cynical response from the Left probably would have greeted any earlier action by House Republicans.

It's hard to take seriously the poses of outrage from the great majority of members of either party, as their sense of propriety tends to be situational and highly dependent upon political considerations. In this regard they are all high practioners of the art of hypocrisy.

It's a shame though when this hypocrisy extends to their supporters in the general public who, frankly, have nothing to gain from it but the maintenance of a sense of rightness, and superiority.

In any case, my comment to kuvaz really had nothing to do with to his opinions on the subject of Foley (to the extent any were actually expressed in his vitriolic attack on you) but was rendered in response to the typically mephitic and base level of his habitual ad hominem sorties...which, by the way seem to be increasing of late. Perhaps it is a result of his recent and unfortunate illness or simply the disintegration of the last vestiges of his patience, and a resulting over application of scorn.

I will admit though that his noxious responses (one of which I'm sure is coming, if it hasn't already arrived on another thread), are more entertaining and engaging then the sort of lame drivel that slips from the lips of other posters: e.g. "Aw your neo-con dreams are crumbling," and "Stop being insipid Finn!"

A piece of friendly advice to Kuvaz though - The chronic use of pedophilia in your attacks has become hackneyed. You might want to switch to incest or even necromania.

A little transference me thinks, on the hypocrisy claim, but I was quite prescient on the conservative penchant for pedophilia, wasn't I? As well you missed out on mentioning the beastiality charges in my sophmore year at good ole' MOO U. I had majored in animal husbandry but got caught at it and changed majors to chemistry. my kids still call me daaaaddy... rim shot please!

the thing about it is that most of you right wingers, but not all are big talkers who can dish it out with your snide remarks about your political opponents and their dark motives to ruin your blessed and pure world, but cry like babies when the fire is returned in kind. You have been doing it for so long now without our side responding in kind (generally we are civil about such things) you think you're entitled to smearing us and you get all shocked and out of sorts when you see your own crass behavior mirrored back at you.

whenever you wish to return to civility and common decency I will be there waiting for you with an open hand and a smile, but as long as you attempt to dehumanize your opponents with God-awful remarks about us being evil reprobates, thieves, cheats, and traitors I intend to kick your teeth right down your throat, and I do not intend to stop until you change your attitudes towards us or you become a toothless old man.

Its up to you.

words to live by...Wehret den Anfangen.

and I intend to, and had the Germans, the world would have been a better place. I won't make their mistake with you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:16 pm
Defend the beginning?

What am I losing in my translation, kuvasz?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:21 pm
It's always refreshing to see conservatives defending the likes of Foley, I can hardly guess the response to be expected from the christian coalition.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:26 pm
There is a major, major difference between the Dems' offenses and those of the Reps. Foley was abusing children, and the Rep leadership was complicit. Offenses against children are particularly odious.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 02:34 pm
snood wrote:
Defend the beginning?

What am I losing in my translation, kuvasz?

resist
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 04:45 pm
kuvasz wrote:

A little transference me thinks, on the hypocrisy claim, but I was quite prescient on the conservative penchant for pedophilia, wasn't I? As well you missed out on mentioning the beastiality charges in my sophmore year at good ole' MOO U. I had majored in animal husbandry but got caught at it and changed majors to chemistry. my kids still call me daaaaddy... rim shot please!

the thing about it is that most of you right wingers, but not all are big talkers who can dish it out with your snide remarks about your political opponents and their dark motives to ruin your blessed and pure world, but cry like babies when the fire is returned in kind. You have been doing it for so long now without our side responding in kind (generally we are civil about such things) you think you're entitled to smearing us and you get all shocked and out of sorts when you see your own crass behavior mirrored back at you.

whenever you wish to return to civility and common decency I will be there waiting for you with an open hand and a smile, but as long as you attempt to dehumanize your opponents with God-awful remarks about us being evil reprobates, thieves, cheats, and traitors I intend to kick your teeth right down your throat, and I do not intend to stop until you change your attitudes towards us or you become a toothless old man.

Its up to you.

words to live by...Wehret den Anfangen.

and I intend to, and had the Germans, the world would have been a better place. I won't make their mistake with you.

I'm sure that like Bill Clinton's recent tirade, your vitriolic attacks are quite inspiring to all of the poor, put upon liberals on A2K. I suppose it's only natural that the Liberal cult of victimization would lead to casting themselves as victims.

As for knocking out my teeth, have at it heroic kuv, but you might find crisp jabs and sharp left hooks are more effective than wild, slavering roundhouses.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 05:14 pm
dyslexia wrote:
It's always refreshing to see conservatives defending the likes of Foley, I can hardly guess the response to be expected from the christian coalition.

Sainthood?

snood wrote:

Someone takes him SERIOUSLY?

Who...where?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 05:21 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Wow, I have never seen so many conclusions jumped to so hastily. Is it becuase Foley is a republican?

I haven't read any reports of Foley having "anal intercourse" with anyone and I haven't read any reports of him breaking the law. He made a stupid decision to write and hit on an intern, he didn't rape the kid.

Oh, wait, I bet you think I am now defending him and that I therefore approve of his actions. If you think that, you are a dumb-ass and your posts stating as much will prove that.

They say that the best defence is a good offence. Why are you being so offensive? Laughing
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 06:55 pm
dyslexia wrote:

You may not and probably should not care Good Ole Dys, but this post of yours is precisely why you can't be taken seriously:

McG wrote:
(1) What a dumb-ass. He (Foley) deserves what he gets. (2) I haven't read any reports of Foley having "anal intercourse" with anyone and I haven't read any reports of him breaking the law. He made a stupid decision to write and hit on an intern, he didn't rape the kid.
Oh, wait, I bet you think I am now defending him and that I therefore approve of his actions

okie wrote:
(1) I agree he should be thrown out... (2) I think Foley should be thrown out on his ear, and should have been long ago if something about this was known. (3) All the things kuvasz says only condemns his side. Just one example, he points out Clinton was not prosecuted for rape or sexual harassment. To my knowledge, Foley has not either. (4) Let me reinterate one thing clearly. I never defended Foley

finn wrote:
Foley is a a twisted and disturbed individual.

cereal killer wrote:
Lest we not forget Barney Frank and his homosexual prostitution ring.

I'm not sure whether or not CK considers himself a conservative , and I appreciate that his post was a wry comment on the morals of individuals within each party, but the way you and your confreres twist what people write to suit your banal arguments, I'm guessing you're including him in your list of "conservatives defending Foley." (Hell, we know Kuvie is).

In any case, with or without CK's post considered, it would be interesting to understand how you have come to the conclusion that the conservatives in this thread are defending Foley.

You know Good Ole Dys, I doubt that the "Big Lie" tactics of Josef Goebbels are well appreciated out there in the Wild West. It's pretty clear that you and your friends are singularly dedicated to your ideology, so much so that you are happy to twist the words of those who disagree with you to conform with the nonsense you wish to spew. How else to explain your perfectly idiotic comment?

Or these:

Kuvie wrote:
(1) now now, we all know okie's hidden agenda, he fully supports 52 year old men having anal intercourse with underage boys. in fact it might well be one of his own hobbies, otherwise why would he defend as merely "personal" the actions of Foley? (2) The only obvious point in your post was your blatant excuse for a GOP pedophile, calling it a "personal" matter, unworthy of public reprobation, and one for whom you would not have defended in such a manner had the man been a democrat. That was the typical knee-jerk reaction one has come to expect from a right wing mouth-breather such as yourself. (3) since you might well have been a part of it I thought you might remember that it was actually his roomate's

Intrepid wrote:
Stalking young boys is about a lot more than somebody's personal life? Your ethics and standards are what confuse me.

By all means argue against the points being made by other posters, and even deride those that are patently ridiculous, but it is intellectually dishonest and just plain sloppy to argue against points that are not made but which you prefer to counter.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 07:00 pm
kuvasz wrote:
[
and Finn I would wear the reprobation of the likes of you any day of the week, because you are outside the Pale of rational thought and have been so since you were merely a parrot for the marginally sane Sailfree years ago on Abuzz.

Oooh, I missed this bon mot before.

What, no assertion that I bugger children?
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 07:07 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I'm sure that like Bill Clinton's recent tirade, your vitriolic attacks are quite inspiring to all of the poor, put upon liberals on A2K. I suppose it's only natural that the Liberal cult of victimization would lead to casting themselves as victims.

As for knocking out my teeth, have at it heroic kuv, but you might find crisp jabs and sharp left hooks are more effective than wild, slavering roundhouses.

Finn, with your lackluster prose and lowbrow mental prowesse you are truly the Karl Mildenberger of A2K.

http://aja.freehosting.net/ali.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 08:37 pm
It is interesting to see people who continue to defend a decision to kill thousands of people based on lies, and who defend the decision by their country to continue with institutionalized prisoner abuse and torture attempting to launch attacks based on "personal morality".

Those of you who defend these things have no right to criticise the morality of another human being any more...you are complicit and enabling of immorality on a huge scale.

You have no more right to condemn others than the real supporters of terrorism do.

Meanwhile, you continue to focus with fanatical intent upon sex between consenting adults, while ignoring the crimes of those you believe to be "moral".

Personally, I don't give a fiddler's fart about who fucks whom, as long as it is between consenting adults...why are you obsessed with this instead of with killing on a huge sale and abuses of law and ethics in the greater world?

I don't care who any republican or democrat or politician in my country has consensual sex with....again as long as it is not with minors or any other being unable to give informed consent., as long as their actions as custodians of power are ethical and legal.

If they break the law, or do something which breaches their obligations as servants of the state, then deal with them. If they do stuff which has no bearing on their roles as politicians, why is it of any concern?

This Foley appears to have broken the law...presumably your legal processes will now apply, and he has resigned. It also appears that his colleagues knew him to be breaking the law and did nothing.

Doing nothing about serious abuse seems to be a position both defended by, and practised, by a number of the loonier right here.

Mind you, as I said, you have no right to condemn nayone, if you do nothing about the abuses perpetrated by the current regime in the USA.

You ought to be silent in shame.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 08:51 pm
This could get interesting. Too bad the investigation won't get anywhere until after the election.

Governorships could be very important for appointing people to congress come next year.

Quote:
"I hereby request that the Department of Justice conduct an investigation of Mr. Foley's conduct with current and former House pages to determine to what extent any of his actions violated federal law," Hastert, R-Ill., wrote in a letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

...In his letter to Gonzales on Sunday, Hastert asked the Justice Department to investigate "who had specific knowledge of the content of any sexually explicit communications between Mr. Foley and any former or current House pages and what actions such individuals took, if any, to provide them to law enforcement."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15096062/
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2006 09:06 pm
Nice unhinged rant, dlowan.
0 Replies