Foley Quits Amid Allegations of Email Sex Scandal

McGentrix

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:21 pm
Well, to be honest, they deserve what they get. As I said previoulsy, I do not intend on voting for many incumbants, Republican or not.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:31 pm
No one here hedging their bets, no sirreebob.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 12:33 pm
Somehow I doubt this little factoid is going to help the GOP either

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Congresswoman_on_page_board_buried_file_1019.html

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:20 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Congresswoman_on_page_board_buried_file_1019.html

Cycloptichorn

This is quite tedious.

All you are showing is that the current minority party, can not win the battle of "ideas" so they go on the smear campaign looking for scandals whereever they can find them.

When the Dummycrats take over in November, and since neither party has any ideas, the exact same thing will happen when the repugs will very easilly go on a smear campaign and on and on we go.

Is anybody in Washington doing any of the poeples work?

Does anyone care or are you just looking for "good TV"?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:30 pm
The information that has been coming out is disillusioning to religious conservatives who once believed the Republican Party protects "moral values". I guess many religious conservatives will simply not vote at all this November.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:32 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

The article you posted,and its headline,are extremely misleading.

She wasnt elected to congress until June of 1998,so she did nothing as a congresswoman to hide any file about her husband.

And from your own link...

Quote:
More than ten years later, RAW STORY has uncovered and confirmed the authenticity of the police incident report believed to be contained in the missing dossier.

So,your own link isnt sure that it is reporting the story accurately,or that they have the right documents.

That is extremely weak.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:38 pm
I don't disagree with assessments that the link is weak. But, it isn't a good thing, one way or the other. And if it turns out to have more legs, well, it could quickly become a bad thing.

Sort of like the accusations against Reid - which I will be happy to argue about in the appropriate thread - weak, but not that bad unless the story gets worse.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:40 pm
wandeljw wrote:
The information that has been coming out is disillusioning to religious conservatives who once believed the Republican Party protects "moral values". I guess many religious conservatives will simply not vote at all this November.

Politicians only protect their own "moral values". Any "conservtive who belives any politican will defend their values is an idiot.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:47 pm
woiyo wrote:
wandeljw wrote:

Politicians only protect their own "moral values". Any "conservtive who belives any politican will defend their values is an idiot.

Any "citizen who believes any politican will defend their values is an idiot" is a better way to put it.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:53 pm
MM, I am a bit curious. Since you think some Dems did similar to Hastert and Foley, do you then feel that Hastert and Foley should be left alone?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 01:58 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't disagree with assessments that the link is weak. But, it isn't a good thing, one way or the other. And if it turns out to have more legs, well, it could quickly become a bad thing.

Sort of like the accusations against Reid - which I will be happy to argue about in the appropriate thread - weak, but not that bad unless the story gets worse.

Cycloptichorn

And you're apparently in denial. Reid, IMO is a bigger scumbag than the "Doinker" since he used his influence, either directly or indirecly, to benefit himself and his friends. Who did the "doinker" hurt? NOONE!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:06 pm
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

And you're apparently in denial. Reid, IMO is a bigger scumbag than the "Doinker" since he used his influence, either directly or indirecly, to benefit himself and his friends. Who did the "doinker" hurt? NOONE!

If the the 'doinker' you mean Foley, he preyed on young men in a sexual manner and used his influence to get laid. Which I think probably damages some of them.

I haven't seen any actual evidence that Reid used his influence to do anything; and neither have you. Or else you would present it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:06 pm
Advocate wrote:
MM, I am a bit curious. Since you think some Dems did similar to Hastert and Foley, do you then feel that Hastert and Foley should be left alone?

If no criminal charges were filed,then the answer is yes.
If criminal charges were filed,then no I dont.

I dont believe that anyone that has not had criminal charges filed,be they republican or democrat,should be hounded or persecuted or forced to resign.

But,if the dems want Hastert to resign because of what they THINK he knew or THINK he did,then they should also force their own members to abide by the same policy and force those suspected of something to resign.

They cant have it both ways.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:08 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

If the the 'doinker' you mean Foley, he preyed on young men in a sexual manner and used his influence to get laid. Which I think probably damages some of them.

I haven't seen any actual evidence that Reid used his influence to do anything; and neither have you. Or else you would present it.

Cycloptichorn

Have any criminal charges been filed against Foley?
Have any of those pages come forward and claimed that Foley sexually abused them?

If the answer to those questions is no,then see my previous post.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:11 pm
So, to you, ethical and moral violations are meaningless - the only standard with which to judge politicians is a legal one?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:13 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cycloptichorn

Youhave seen no evidence that the "young man" was injured. He must have enjoyed it, he is stillthere!

Here is why you and your liberal friends in the Dummycrat party are hypocrites.

You said NOTHING when Barney Frank was "getting laid" in his office. The "party" embraced him in the name od diversity. Your Parrty did not care about Scuggs (sp) when he was getting laid. You embraced him in the name of diversity.

But in the name of partisenship, you have buried the "doinker" FOLEY, and go after Hastert (another idiot, but another discussion), for purely political leverage at election time.

Your hypocracy is quite transparent. Whatever happened to the Dummycrats and their spirit of inclusion? It is a one way street for Dummycrats only.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:40 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
So, to you, ethical and moral violations are meaningless - the only standard with which to judge politicians is a legal one?

Cycloptichorn

When it comes to finding them guilty of a crime,or insisting that they resign because of a crime,then the answer is yes.

You cant demand someone resign because of ethical or moral concerns unless you apply the same standard to both parties.
I have seen no evidence that the dems are willing to do that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:46 pm
dummycrats... that sure is a mature response for a holier than thou bitter patronizing sort like yourself.... Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:48 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

When it comes to finding them guilty of a crime,or insisting that they resign because of a crime,then the answer is yes.

You cant demand someone resign because of ethical or moral concerns unless you apply the same standard to both parties.
I have seen no evidence that the dems are willing to do that.

Are you kidding? The Dems are happy that Hastert hasn't resigned yet. Ecstatic. Because the more that comes out, the worse and worse it is going to get for the Republicans this cycle.

Eventually, it won't be the Dems calling for Hastert's head, it will be the Republicans. He's a dead man walking.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 02:49 pm
MM, that is interesting. Thus, Hastert may be a total sleazeball, not serving his constituents well, covering up for pedophiles, ripping off the taxpayer, etc., he should not be hounded out of office if he is not convicted. That is a perverted view.

There is a big difference between Hastert and Reid. Hastert used his office to essentially steal millions. Reid did not use his office.
0 Replies