Stupid Questions for Husker

Eva

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 08:07 pm
More than enough, Joe! Laughing

Say, I've got two boxes full of old family photos that need to go on the wall up the stairway...wanna come hang these for me?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 08:20 pm
Sure, Ill

... excuse me, one sec....

um....

okay........

Louise says if I go hang your pictures she has another use for that hammer when I get back.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 08:22 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
We never have a problem at our house finding a stud to a hang a heavy picture:
1) I'm usually standing there with the damned hammer in my hand

2) uh. No, that one answer was quite enough.

Smile

well that's like hitting a nail on the head!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 10:08 pm
Louise is right. Guess I'll have to find a stud on my own. Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 03:52 am
Why?

If three trains come to the same platform, say the A, C and E, why is there a 100 per cent chance that no matter which one of them you are waiting for, one of the other two will arrive first.

I have the data. I've been train watching.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 04:42 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Mine resembles this Swingline(TM) 10105
http://www.swingline.com/images/S7010105P-RUW6.gif
but is red, and of a chunkier design.

With such a device, an cutter and plenty of PVA glue I turned an large cardboard appliance box (white goods, think it was a dryer) into a cubby house for the kids - complete with automatically shutting door.

Is it possible to have stapler envy? If so, do you have to get therapy from Bob Vila?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:16 am
Stapler therapy? Sounds kinky to me...

And Joe, I don't know the answer, but I've noticed related phenomena at drive-thru banks, box office lines and toll booths. No matter which line I choose, the others invariably advance before mine. Hmmm...why is that?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:20 am
What's a stud finder ??? Wink
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:43 am
A pimp for male prostitutes?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:45 am
husker wrote:
What's a stud finder ??? Wink

Me !
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:04 am
Quote:
No matter which line I choose, the others invariably advance before mine. Hmmm...why is that?

It is the result of my General theory of Participatory Travel Obfuscation
to wit: Any distance traveled greater than ten feet in the presence of another human will be blocked, delayed or otherwise impeded by that other person or their agents. This truth is mutually reciprocal.

It's especially annoying when you are in two lines of traffic. I usually pick another vehicle to mark my progress ie "the green van". If my (our) line gets ahead of the "Green Van" Evil or Very Mad then um we win :: .
But we never do.
The Green Van line of evil (cursed be all of them and their progeny) always moves on without us and it's participants get the best parking spaces, the best spots on the beach sand and the last of the items on sale. They get to hang out with hipper people, have more time with their kids, nab that promotion, own better trained dogs, have shadier naps on hammocks and the first sip of the best batch of margaritas at the party.

L has pointed out to me that my General theory of Participatory Travel Obfuscation cannot be true because the members of other line don't seem to affected or contained within it, but I remind her that she is mad,
quite mad and that it doesn't occur to her that those Green Van people might in fact be illusions or reflections from some universe. That over there, in that other universe, I am in the Green Van with my well-trained dogs and happy kids on our way home from a fabulous day at the beach and thence to a posh party where I, dressed in my impeccably tailored -bought on sale- shorts, shall drift from the conversation whilst lounging on the hammock next to the table whereon my employer, hip host and hostess Holly and Elliot, are making blue margaritas by the gallon stopping only to whisper in my ear that the corner office is mine.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:13 am
Yes, how does that work Joe? The other day I got on the freeway behind this person, who was going slow. I immediately passed them, moved over the far left fast lane, and tried to pass as many cars as possible. About five miles later, I notice this person, in front of me, inexplicably, now exiting the freeway.

Grrrrrrrrr!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:49 am
That guy passed me just last Sunday......I used to think that there was a special underground set of lanes for such people, now I know they merely vaporize and re-appear at will.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:51 am
You should come up here, cj. Drivers are passive and sheeplike (they call it "safe" -- whatever), and such victories are easily had.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 10:57 am
Been there many times. Friends in Gig Harbor and relatives in Woodinville. You're right about that, even in an unfamiliar rental car I was king of the road.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 11:09 am
Yep. Sometimes I feel like an evil speed-demon here at a very restrained 70 mph. If I drove like I used to here they'd probably lock me up. And nobody seems to know what the left lane is for...

You get away from Puget Sound, though, and people speed up.
0 Replies