Saving Private Lynch - a Made-Up Story.

Tartarin

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 05:32 pm
I go back to my experience watching "The Pianist" the other night -- in which everyone -- everyone -- participated in creating the hell which the Nazis brought to Warsaw. A little complicity here, a little lack of courage there. At what point does one say, Enough! Evidently not in time to stop millions of deaths, untold suffering.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 07:48 pm
Hey, I just got back from the conspriracy shoppe. I got yer tin-foil beenies in the bag over in the corner. Make sure that you are wearing them while in this forum.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:45 pm
McGentrix:

You have a hard time coming up with intelligent posts ... are you planning on changing any time soon?

Anon
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:48 pm
Anon you old curmudgeon ever so nice to see you Wink
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 08:55 pm
Hey Dys:

I see you guys have lowered your membership IQ requirements. Nice seeing you too, does the chat group still meet up sometimes??

Anon
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:10 pm
not since you left, the **** that binds the bricks is no longer Wink
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:19 pm
Hey, anon - could use more of you, you old thing.

No - membership IQ's still pretty good. Every once in a while something else creeps in. Probably as a reminder of what's out there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 09:33 pm
Gee, are we that sheltered from the 'outside?' c.i.
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:07 pm
Dys:

This "**** that binds the bricks" ... eh ???

Good thing I'm back then ... I see Mama and Tart are still hanging in! My fav right winger Sofia is still agitating! Has HoT given up here, I see here in the other site more and more! Good ole AU1929 is banging around. I like his interactions almost all the time!

Yea, I'm back to see my ole Bud's, and the young ones too !!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:10 pm
Hi Mama Dear!

I see you've picked up another thorn, but I have faith in your ability to handle it!! Let's all set up a chat time ... use the PM's !!!

Nice seeing ya'all!! I'm Baaaack!!

Anon
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2003 10:12 pm
He ain't mine, anon. You can have him if you want. Okay - on to the PMs.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:09 pm
McGentrix started another thread today in which he reveals the real political threat to our country. Turns out not to be the people in charge right now who are lying about Pvt. Lynch and everything else. It's actually (drum roll please): Hillary Clinton!

Yes, the woman the right loves to hate is within their sights once again. Hillary Clinton: If she didn't exist, they'd have to invent her!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:26 pm
There is some speculation that they did invent her.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:29 pm
Yeah, Dys, they finally got it right after having had so many failures--Phyllis Schafly, Rush Limbaugh, Newt the Cute--so many test tubes gone wrong . . .
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:30 pm
Strikes fear and envy into their hearts. Watch for the criticisms - they'll all be personal.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 04:33 pm
You know, Ma, what chills me to the bone is how closely the fanatical right-winger identifies with their idols. If you make a slighting remark about one of these "worthies," such people will take personal offense, and cannot be made to see the distinction between insulting a public figure, and make personal remarks to another participant in the fora.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2003 11:58 pm
Sen. Clinton has had a love/hate relationship with the American people for many years . . . and a profitable relationship at that.

MSNBC News reported tonight that the senator from New York's new book,
Living History, has sold 200,000 copies in a single day.

Bought your copy yet Question
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 05:55 am
lasts night on Leher's news hour essentially the Pentagon says all the wrong information was provided by the media-the media says it got all the wrong information from the Pentagon. Both admit it was wrong information.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 06:14 am
It was him . . .

No, him . . .

Nuh-uh, it was him . . .
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 11:22 am
That Newshour segment was interesting in many ways. It dealt with the story of Jessical Lynch, and there was a panel of three. The one representing the Pentagon was uncomfortable at the end of it, because there was little he could say to refute the BBC (and other) reportings of the story.

But it was generally agreed that this was a manufactured item because the war was not going aas well as was expected, and they needed a boost. There was criticism of the media not checking, but there was also notice made of the fact that this was given out in a Pentagon briefing, which supposedly was sourced and authoritative. And unspoken but there wa the fact that under this admin you don't question those sources. I did not hear the guy from the Pentagon say that about the media, dys. I could have missed it, but they all agreed that the press is out there to write a story. Rosenstiel said a number of foreign papers covering the Lynch story were doubtful about some of the details from the beginning.

And there was a kind of funny bit at the beginning with Lynch's father standing in front of their house saying there was nothing wrong with her memory.

So - back to credibility. How does the foreign press regard the US one? Do they - will they - believe what comes out in it? Will we?
0 Replies