Saving Private Lynch - a Made-Up Story.

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:38 pm
Now there's a real question (raised this morning) about Al Qaeda involvement in the Riyadh bombing and indeed about the existence of Al Qaeda as presented by our glorious leader. That could be the biggest hoax of all...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 01:55 pm
mamajuana wrote:

What humorous claims are you referring to? If you read the opening post, it is a quote from a column written by a respected syndicated columinist about a full investigative report from the BBC regarding a story. A story that was reported here, in full seriousness, without questioning. A story about which a WH response was a very quick "how dare the BBC...", and then not printed again.

Robert Sheer respected? Please. He slings more crap by 9AM then most people sling in a week!

You have to admit though, there is a certain amount of conspiracy theory involved in this. It would be far too intricate to be manufactured. I agree with Craven that we do not need any made up Hero's as there are quite a few REAL heros in the military already. Regardless of what you may feel about the US or it's administration, keep in mind what Pvt. Lynch has been through and unlessyou have walked in her boots, it would be irresponsible to call her anything but a proud American who has served her country.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:02 pm
Well, actually, it was a BBC story. And considering the fact that the WH has never denied the accuracy of the BBC story - what's your complaint?

You seem to miss the point - the story of private Lynch has BIG holes. That's the story. Who knows what happened in her boots?

There's never been a follow-up, and questions about the book deal about her experiences and the tv story have disappeared.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:05 pm
Robert Scheer is a first-rate journalist and commentator. Are you sure, McGentrix, that you don't come from the cancerous spleen of the Adirondacks, not its heart?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:14 pm
Tartarin wrote:
Robert Scheer is a first-rate journalist and commentator. Are you sure, McGentrix, that you don't come from the cancerous spleen of the Adirondacks, not its heart?

Have I seen you at the Improv? With comedy like that you should think about it...

a "first-rate journalist"...that kills! Very Happy
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:16 pm
Why not just say you don't agree with Scheer? Doesn't hurt. Try it. Instead of putting him down to make it easier for you to lay an egg and run?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:18 pm
mamajuana

Quote:
You seem to miss the point -- the story of private Lynch has BIG holes. That's the story. Who knows what happened in her boots

We do know she was captured, we do know that she had broken bones, we do know that she was in an Iraqi hospital and we do know it was in the line of duty. That is all there is to know. What the facts of her rescue were I couldn't care less. The fact is she is home now and on the mend and that is all that should matter.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:24 pm
Didn't they also say she had bullet wounds when she did not?

Unfortunately for Private Lynch these compulsive lies being told by our government are reflecting on her.

I agree she should be honored, and I honor her. It will be so much better (not for those responsible for the lying) when the truth comes out.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 02:34 pm
Tartarin wrote:
Why not just say you don't agree with Scheer? Doesn't hurt. Try it. Instead of putting him down to make it easier for you to lay an egg and run?

Wow, 6 posts and I have already been personally attacked, twice!

Please try to stay on topic and not make it personal...

I believe that this topic was about Sheer's response to the BBC article, thus making his opinions and stances fair game. I don't like him or the way he slants every article he writes.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 03:46 pm
That's right, McG -- say you don't like him. But don't demean him. You set yourself up for the same kind of response.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 04:04 pm
Tart - scroll.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 05:54 pm
Tartarin wrote:
That's right, McG -- say you don't like him. But don't demean him. You set yourself up for the same kind of response.

If YOU are Robert Sheer, then yeah, I would expect the same response. But if YOU are not, then I am discussing a public figure and will speak of him as I will without the need of personal flames. I am sure that every time you say bad things about Bush someone else doesn't equate you to a bird.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:24 pm
I say we make this tale into a musical and call it "Saving Jessica's Privates".

Meg Ryan as PFC Lynch; Timothy ("That's My Bush!") Bottoms as our Glorious Leader; Anthony Edwards as Ari Fleischer; Bob Balaban as Karl Rove.

I can't think of an appropriate actor for Dark Lord Rumsfeld. Suggestions, anyone?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:29 pm
HOw about if Rummie plays himself? c.i.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 06:34 pm
PDiddie wrote:
I say we make this tale into a musical and call it "Saving Jessica's Privates".

Meg Ryan as PFC Lynch; Timothy ("That's My Bush!") Bottoms as our Glorious Leader; Anthony Edwards as Ari Fleischer; Bob Balaban as Karl Rove.

I can't think of an appropriate actor for Dark Lord Rumsfeld. Suggestions, anyone?

Clint Eastwood? He's got the wrinkles.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 09:03 pm
Gotcha, Mamajuana. Another candidate for immediate scroll.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 29 May, 2003 10:03 pm
What about John Heard for Rummie? And I think I like Fred Thompson better as Karl Rove.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:14 am
Sorry, Mama. Timothy Spall as Rove.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:16 am
There was an actor in ER (which I haven't seen for four years) who played the nasty surgeon who gave everyone a hard time. He was the woman surgeon's mentor. Rat-faced blonde, quick, lithe dancer's movements. He's the one for Rummy. Rummy's tiny. A weeny, thin guy with a Napoleonic complex...
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 30 May, 2003 08:45 am
Who is constantly wringing his hands, and has developed a nervous twitch at the corner of his mouth. Rumsfeld, I mean. Who would be the on-again off-again Tommy Franks? And then there's Victoria Clarke - the latest import from the ad world who thinks up some of those wonderful PR schemes. Got to be a hard-looking blonde with those thin republican lips.
0 Replies