Saving Private Lynch - a Made-Up Story.

Piffka

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:43 pm
fealola wrote:
Marine Who Helped Rescue Iraq POW Killed

I couldn't get the link to work perfectly for me, so I Googled this to read the entire article and found out that another of the Marines who rescued Private Lynch was also killed in July... that Marine's car went out of control on a clear, sunny morning a week after he had returned home on leave. Odd isn't it? How many young Marines die while home on leave... how many were involved in the rescue?

Lynch Rescuer Killed in Car Wreck

Quote:
Speer, who was wearing his seat belt, ran off the right side of South Carolina 11 and overturned several times, said Lance Cpl. Dan Marsceau of the South Carolina Highway Patrol. He died at the scene.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:47 pm
Pifka, I was waiting to see if someone else felt strange about this. But now-- I never knew about the car accident! I had to re- read my article to see if they mentioned it but they don't. Yikes!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:49 pm
By the way, I saw a promo for the TV movie, I think it airs next week...
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:51 pm
Well, I'm apt to question authority and assume that they are up to no good. I'm sure it comes from being so young when Kennedy was killed and then being exposed to too many James Bond movies. Still, what are the odds? Especially when a lot of people wonder what really happened during that rescue. Who was it said, dead men tell no tales?
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:54 pm
Or amnesiacs, full scholarship grantees and movie subjects.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:55 pm
Uh-huh. Well, I'm not going to contribute to anymore of this madness by watching that movie.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 06:38 am
OMG! Do you thinks it was one of Bush's henchmen killing off Marines?! Maybe the Illuminati had their goons whack them!

You guys...you crack me up with your conspiracy theories...
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 06:53 am
Only out done by you guys and your conspiracy theories.............
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 07:20 am
We almost ought to banish the term "conspiracy theory" from these discussions. Certainly that phrase got a lot of use on "the other side" when Bush critics cried foul and "lies" as the Iraq invasion was about to happen and the admin was full of dubious justifications.

And then so many of Bush's statements DID prove to be lies. I don't remember hearing a single Bush supporter to anything more than try to explain the lies away -- rather than admit (in a manly fashion, as our grandfathers might have characterized it), Hey, you were right -- the guy lied...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:19 am
What I don't understand, is how so many Americans can still believe the lies when the administration admits to them.

Puzzling.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 10:24 am
Because they are so truthful :shcok: Then again, they won't say they won't do it again, either. Rolling Eyes

Puzzling. Idea
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:18 pm
Quote:
Tape confirms Iraqis tried to save U.S. POWs

Recording shows doctors working valiantly on Lynch, others

By Richard Engel
Correspondent
NBC News

Updated: 7:52 p.m. ET Dec. 30, 2003BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqi doctors took good care of captured Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch and labored hard but unsuccessfully to save her best friend, according to Iraqi television videotape shot during the soldiers’ captivity in Iraq last spring.

The tape, which was never aired in Iraq but has been obtained by NBC News, provides a new look at the treatment the Iraqis gave Lynch and other members of the Army's 507th Maintenance Co. after they were ambushed March 23. Lynch and four other soldiers were rescued by U.S. special forces on April 1, but 11 of their colleagues died during and after the ambush in Nasiriyeh.

Lynch, 20, of Palestine, W.Va., appears in the videotape along with her best friend, Pfc. Lori Piestawa, 23, who died after Iraqi doctors failed to stop brain swelling as they treated her for serious injuries. The identities of Lynch and Piestawa were verified for NBC News by Spec. Shoshana Johnson, one of the soldiers who was rescued.

Officials said Iraqi television videotaped the U.S. POWs for propaganda purposes, but because the tape of the wounded prisoners did not make the Iraqis look good, the network never aired it. NBC News informed the Army that it had obtained the tape before airing it so the families of the soldiers could be told first.

'A little peace'

Johnson, who recently retired from the Army, saw the tape for the first time Tuesday.

“It was a little shocking to see Lori, but it also gave me a little peace to know that they tried, they did their best for her,” said Johnson, 30, of El Paso, Texas. “I mean, it was obvious they tried to bandage her up and give her medical care.”

[click on title to see rest of article]
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 08:28 pm
Amazing.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:10 pm
Well that puts a crimp in the "evil bad narsty eye-rackys" arguement, now doesn't it!Very Happy
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:19 pm
Why would anyone think Iraqi Doctors were the bad guys in the first place?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:21 pm
If you recall, the original story was that the Iraqi doctors were actually torturing the captives, and had killed everyone but Jessica.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:31 pm
mamajuana would have loved this, it confirms her original suspicion.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:32 pm
Okay, I didn't recall. I would have had a hard time believing that of Doctors anyway. Having seen the video of torture chambers it is clear that Saddam's henchmen were no strangers to torture, but I would hate to think anyone would assume your average Iraqi would approve. I'm quite sure your typical Iraqi feared being in a torture chamber as much as anyone else.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:36 pm
Lynch was supposedly tortured and mistreated from the moment she was captured until she was rescued by the US military. That's the story they tried to feed us. The whole basis of her celebrity.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 09:46 pm
That type of propaganda should be expected regardless of who's sitting in the oval office. Usually warring Nations try their best to dehumanize the enemy completely. The less sympathy you have for your enemy; the easier war is to swallow. With your knowledge of history, Bob, you could probably exemplify this point better than I could.
0 Replies