The sexy French man who caught my eye

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2006 03:10 pm
I am so hurt.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 11:32 am
(((((((((Dyslexia))))))))))

Sorry sweet stuff, but I must find a prince that I won't have to share.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 03:40 pm
Hi, montana!

Just popping in to catch up on 'le gossip'

... any developments?

s
x
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:00 pm
I'm on my last day of a 4 day weekend, so nothing yet, since I haven't seen him since about 3am Friday morning.
I go back to work tomorrow at 4:30pm and will see him waltz through the doors when his shift starts at 5:30pm :-D

Updates to come ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 01:52 am
Why always me? Rolling Eyes

The good thing is that I still have his attention, but there is a guy at work I'm becoming friends with that says he can barely understand the sexy french guy and he is french Sad

The people who grew up here just don't understand much of the France french and if they have a hard time understanding him, I'm up the creek without a paddle here.

Why always me?!!!!!!! Why does every single thing in my life have to be so damn difficut?

Hell, I can deal with difficult because at least it's do-able, but there seems to be no way around this one.

We're doing all kinds of communicating these days, but we can't talk to eachother and we both know it.

Every day he holds my glance longer and I know what he's thinking. He's thinking the same damn thing I am. He knows I speak english, so he also knows communication is going to be a problem, which puts us both in limbo.
I can see in his expressions that he really wants to talk to me, but he can't figure out how and I'm right there with him, I tell ya. <sigh>

I protest the unfairness in my life!

This is just crazy! Me and this guy are really attracted to eachother and we can't even talk to eachother.

Why always me!!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 01:54 am
Can I sue someone for this? I need the cash to hire a translator Laughing
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:10 am
Montana,

Here's my advice...

Why Don't you learn some pertinant phrases in French?

Then you can just mutter them as you walk past...

Something like...

"lets get naked together"

or

"what time do you knock off, cos I could do with a..."

or if you think that's a bit forward for the workplace - try

"do you like snails, cos I know a great snail place"

or find out his phone number and make silent calls in the early hours!

Sure he'll be scared, nervous, may call the cops...

...but he will also be a little bit intrigued!

Anyone else need advice on how to bag and keep a man?

S
x
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:32 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're a freakin hoot, smorgs Laughing

One of the girls I work with actually offered me his phone #. She said she had it because he went out with one of her friends for a while, but I am kind of on a romantic float at the moment ;-)

I actually have some French software around here somewhere and I think I'm going to search for it this weekend to have a look see at what I can possibly do to understand this man who'd caught both eyes ;-)

I just have to find a way to communicate with him or it's eventually gonna drive me nuts Laughing

So anyway, in the mean time, his name is Jean Phillipe and he's either 33 or 34. Yes, I like them a little younger ;-)

He also dropped something and bent over today. I cocked my head, smiled and then looked at the girls I work with and they were all smiling at me Laughing
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 03:58 am
Quote:
So anyway, in the mean time, his name is Jean Phillipe and he's either 33 or 34. Yes, I like them a little younger

NO!!!

Don't go for younger, too much training required...

I always go for older - they are more grateful!

As Francis says 'use body language'

So...

Take your bra off - that works in every language!

I also have a vast repetoir of gestures and international signals to indicate a romantic interest, if you are interested...

x
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 04:41 am
At this point Montana, since you've been exchanging so many smoldering gazes.....why not just sit down across from him during a break or something and say hello?

I'm sure both of you could manage that and be able to at least exchange names.
Just because your co-worker doesn't understand him, doesn't mean you won't.

The time as come to do some face to face with him. Not to be a buzz kill, but what if he's nothing but a cute face? He might not even be worth the cost of some French tapes.

He lives in your country, surely if he knows enough English or your type of French to get a job and run his life, he knows enough for a "hello"
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 04:56 am
You have no excuses for not knowing this phrase-
Voulez vous coucher avec moi se soir? Those Lady Marmalade ladies are helping you right there!!!

Alternatively if you dont want to be quite so obvious why not learn some basic french.
He will like it that you are making an effort.
A sentence you can learn is 'Hi Im trying to learn french so its easier to talk to colleagues, how am I doing?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 08:24 pm
(Sigh.)

Where is that Francis when we need him?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 08:42 pm
Got a television, Montana? or a radio?

Turn them on.

Take advantage of the CBC - it's a great resource.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/atlantique/index.shtml

Get to know your colleague - be friendly.

Did you have to sign an employment contract when you started this job? Did it say anything about co-worker relationships? Some companies only care if you're in the same department, but it's a good idea to know what the dealio is at your particular company.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 12:34 am
Eva wrote:
(Sigh.)

Where is that Francis when we need him?

Somewhere else, helping people.

Cannot be everywhere... :wink:
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:03 am
I saw the man of my dreams when he stopped in my office almost 30 years ago. He is of French decent, and once I saw him I knew he was the one (just which one, I don't know, but I was swept off my feet). We
have been married for 28 years and I wouldn't change a thing. It's a wonderful thing when you are smitten by a man who actually is a wonderful man, and I am very lucky.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:04 am
smorgs wrote:
Quote:
So anyway, in the mean time, his name is Jean Phillipe and he's either 33 or 34. Yes, I like them a little younger

NO!!!

Don't go for younger, too much training required...

I always go for older - they are more grateful!

As Francis says 'use body language'

So...

Take your bra off - that works in every language!

I also have a vast repetoir of gestures and international signals to indicate a romantic interest, if you are interested...

Well, the men I'm are attracted too are either younger or older and married, so that's just how it plays out.
I am really young at heart and I, in no way, feel like I'm 42 years old.

For example, music is played throughout the whole building and lucky me has one of the big speakers above me, so I sing while I work and dance a little.
I keep people laughing because I'm always joking around and people tell me all the time that they can't believe I'm 42.
The teenagers think I'm cool and to be honest with you, Jean Phillipe might just be to old for me Laughing <only kidding> ;-)

I'm sorry, but I refuse to take off my bra at work Laughing

x
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:06 am
glitterbag wrote:
He is of French decent,...

You mean he is a decent French? :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:27 am
Chai Tea wrote:
At this point Montana, since you've been exchanging so many smoldering gazes.....why not just sit down across from him during a break or something and say hello?

I'm sure both of you could manage that and be able to at least exchange names.
Just because your co-worker doesn't understand him, doesn't mean you won't.

The time as come to do some face to face with him. Not to be a buzz kill, but what if he's nothing but a cute face? He might not even be worth the cost of some French tapes.

He lives in your country, surely if he knows enough English or your type of French to get a job and run his life, he knows enough for a "hello"

Damn Chai, I'm scared to death! I haven't been in a relationship in over 8 years and this is a man that I know I won't be able to understand. I know he understands our french a bit, but I don't know to what extent.
He only communicates with few specific people who happen to understand his french.
I have some french computer software around the house somewhere and I'm going to break it out this weekend and learn me a thing or two.
Even if he turns out to be an idiot, jerk, or whatnot, it'll still be cool to improve my french.
I've been practicing with the girls at work and we're having fun with it.

I'm actually in no hurry, as I'm kind of enjoying the mystery of it all.

I mean, what if he talks to me and I'm instantly turned off by him? I highly doubt this will happen, but I know full well that it could and
my party would be over Laughing
I think I'm just gonna hang back and continue with what we're doing until he gets the guts to talk to me, because I'm scared scared **** Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 01:40 am
material girl wrote:
You have no excuses for not knowing this phrase-
Voulez vous coucher avec moi se soir? Those Lady Marmalade ladies are helping you right there!!!

I know that phrase, but he'll have to wait for that til I'm damn good and ready ;-)

Alternatively if you dont want to be quite so obvious why not learn some basic french.
He will like it that you are making an effort.
A sentence you can learn is 'Hi Im trying to learn french so its easier to talk to colleagues, how am I doing?[/quote]

I sure as hell hope my software covers his french because it's a whole different french that I was brought up with.

I think he'd like the effort too :-D

I see him struggling to express himself when he talks to people and I can only imagine how lonely he must be.

Thanks MG :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 6 Jul, 2006 02:05 am
ehBeth wrote:
Got a television, Montana? or a radio?

Turn them on.

Take advantage of the CBC - it's a great resource.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/atlantique/index.shtml

Get to know your colleague - be friendly.

Did you have to sign an employment contract when you started this job? Did it say anything about co-worker relationships? Some companies only care if you're in the same department, but it's a good idea to know what the dealio is at your particular company.

Thanks, Beth :-D

I talk to my boss about him and she would have warned me if that was the case.
Most companies in this area don't seem to have a problem with dating and family members working together, but I'm going to read my paperwork from the company over again to make sure.
0 Replies