My Cat the diabetic

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:28 pm
He's not a big guy, he fluctuates around 10 lbs. Less than that now. He was getting 3 units twice a day before Feb.

I see. So they tell me it's normal when they like it which is when it's a little high, yes?
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 08:34 pm
Probably. Can't know for sure how they're interpreting their results, but that's what I was taught.

Has Screech ever been comatose, or had a seizure, or have to be hospitalized because of his diabetes?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 09:26 pm
No coma or seizures - that I've seen. I wonder if he might have had seizures while I was at work at some point. I don't know if it would stop on it's own.

If he was ever hospitalized it was when he was first diagnosed. I can't remember, but I don't think so.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 09:39 pm
Sounds like you're doing pretty well with the diabetes, then.

Keep it up.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 10:02 pm
Ha! Thanks for talking it through with me.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 10:07 pm
I've been thinking about this for a long time.

If reincarnation turns out to be true, I want to come back as one of littlek's cats.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 07:19 am
Eva wrote:
I've been thinking about this for a long time.

If reincarnation turns out to be true, I want to come back as one of littlek's cats.

Get in line! You're not even the second in this thread to figure that out.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 09:57 am
Really? Embarrassed

Who am I behind in line?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 02:05 pm
You're behind me (though I put it in terms of a job, not a reincarnation), and then you're behind some other people who posted earlier in this thread. (I don't remember who.) But the good news is there seem to be so many pets in littlek's life. So if only she outlives us by a long enough time, all of our reincarnations should get their chance.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 02:33 pm
hahaha! You're all hilarious....

Today' his glucose is fine at 4:15 pm. Even a little high, maybe. Hard to know with only one test.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 11:08 am
I meant to ask during my Boston visit, but somehow the topic didn't come up: How's my fellow diabetic?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 12:44 pm
He's funky. Lately he has been ok, even gaining back some weight. But, very recently he has got a little pancreatitis flaring up. I think. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 12:54 pm
Sorry to hear about the pancreatitis. Hope he'll be okay.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 03:17 pm
This round doesn't seem to be too bad.
Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 05:05 pm
@littlek,
I hope the round is over now?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:47 pm
Thomas - Helifino. One thing that is consistent about this cat is that there are no consistencies.

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:58 pm
@littlek,
Well, to vary a theme from your profile: good thing he's consistently cute.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 04:28 pm
He's not doing well. I don't know what to do. He has ups and downs due to pacreatitis, but this is a low low. And, when I've broght him in in the past, they do $300.00 tests to find nothing conclusive. So, while I'd like to bring him in and fix him up, I have no reason to belive they can do so. On the otherhand, I'm not a vet, maybe they can. I had visions of letting this, my last pet die naturally when his time came and if he wasn't in obvious pan (sometimes hard to tell with cats). But, what if the vet can fix this? What if it'll fix on it's own?

How can I go to work tomoorow? Today nearly killed me.

At least his sugars are well regulated so far tgrough this bout.
Thomas

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 04:49 pm
@littlek,
Oh no. I overheard you saying something like "he's not doing well" yesterday, but I had no idea it was really bad. I wish I could say something helpful, but I can't think of anything that you haven't already come up with by yourself. Hugs to both of you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 05:14 pm
thanks.