Give Me One (JUST ONE) Reason.....

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:26 pm
...why you are for or against gay marriage.

There is only one rule so that we can include everyone in this discussion:

No religious reasons. It has to be a rational, provable reason, not one based on faith.

Good- It's bad for children to be raised in same sex homes be cause in studies done....
Bad - It's bad for children to be raised in same sex homes because God condemns homosexuality....

If religious reasons are all you have, don't bother posting because we've all heard "Because God said it's wrong" 1000 times before.

I am interested in getting some legal, economic and/or social reasons why gay marriage should be banned. Get it?

Gay marriage should be legal because not allowing them to marry is discrimination. We'd never allow a law saying that a black and white couldn't marry so why are we thinking of allowing a law that says same sex couples can't?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 8,619 • Replies: 178
No top replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 02:32 pm
I am for it, because I believe withholding the right of two consenting adults to marry is discriminatory, and against the ideals our founding documents promise.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 03:01 pm
Thanks Lash...
I have to say I am a little disappointed that no one wants to answer this.

I am truly curious about whether or not we can come to any rational reason that gays shouldn't be allowed to marry and adopt.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 03:07 pm
I am for it, but the only reason I can really give you is that I personally see no reason to be against it. If two people are in love and want to marry, where's the harm in that? It may not be a rational, provable reason, but it's the way I feel about it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 03:07 pm
You're probably a victim of over-saturation. There are two very recent threads on this topic right now, and the conservatives are rather scarce around here of late.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 03:30 pm
For the purposes of full disclosure, I'm a conservative. I'll cede ...not a "traditional" Conservative.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 03:36 pm
I am for.

I see absolutely no reason why gay people should not be as miserable as the rest of us.

It isn't fair.
0 Replies

detano inipo

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 04:31 pm
There is no reason to be against it. The States had tons of laws against inter-racial marriages. They have all been overturned because society has matured.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 04:50 pm
I'm solidly in favor but I'll go out on a limb...

It could drive costs higher. If companies were now forced to provide health insurance to partners (either same sex or unmarried, committed couples) they would raise the cost of their goods or services.

If all partnered couples were allowed the tax advantages of married couples our deficit would be even worse than it is now.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:31 pm
Re: Give Me One (JUST ONE) Reason.....
Bella Dea wrote:

There is only one rule so that we can include everyone in this discussion:

No religious reasons. It has to be a rational, provable reason, not one based on faith.

Gonna be a pretty short thread, then... :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:31 pm
This issue is so gay.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 05:35 pm
I too, will say I'm for it merely because I'm not against it. My genuine feeling is that I don't give a **** one way or another. It's a non issue, or it should be.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:22 pm
I can give you the reason.

Anuses were not made for things to go into, only for things to come out of.

Why would anyone wish to put their penis in a sewer is beyond me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:23 pm
If they object to your sexual preferences, will you stop?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:33 pm
Really, that's no good reason dadpad...

To be fair, you'd have to make every single heterosexual person stop having anal sex.

What about oral sex? Some find that disgusting and unnatural also.

How about masturbation, should heterosexual people be forced to stop doing once they get married.

Dildos? Throw them out! Begone!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:44 pm
This is a tough question.

I am neither for it or against it.
For me to take a position either way means that it is a matter that concerns me,when it isnt.

I dont care who or what you or anyone else wants to marry,its not my problem or decision to make.

As long as both sides are willing participants,then it doesnt matter to anyone else.

So,I think I'll let you decide where I stand on the issue.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:48 pm
oral sex? Things go in mouths all the time. Would you let me sh*t in your mouth chai? please lick me clean after I crap.

To be fair, you'd have to make every single heterosexual person stop having anal sex.
Yes. like I said anuses were made for things to come out of so whats your point.

How about masturbation, should heterosexual people be forced to stop doing once they get married.
what has masturbation got to do with a penis being insertd in an anus

Dildos? Throw them out! Begone
Again what have dildos got to do with penises being inserted in sewers

Of course its a reason.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:50 pm
You should change the title of this thread. No one knows what you are talking about until they open it.

In any case, religious reasons aside, what the hell. Let gays marry. Of course, I'm a Buddhist so it's cool either way.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 06:58 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Really, that's no good reason dadpad...

What about oral sex? Some find that disgusting and unnatural also.

Dildos? Throw them out! Begone!

Chai stop for God's sake!!!! Listen to yourself!!!!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 7 Jun, 2006 07:00 pm
you do realize dadpad that every penis stuck in the "sewer" leaves an open vagina :wink:
0 Replies