Give Me One (JUST ONE) Reason.....

panzade

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:19 am
I'm busy right now Brandon...can I ignore you later? :wink:
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:28 am
I am really sick of our lifestyle, what, why, how, who etc etc etc etc etc being examined under the microscope all the time....
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 08:30 am
Re: BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Everyone except Boomerang is missing the real point. Boomerang got it right early in this thread. The real opposition to homosexual marriage is that it would cost employers a lot more money to provide medical coverage, insurance, etc. to homosexual married couples. Corporate America uses the religious right to fight their battles for them---as it usually does on a lot of issues that will cost them a lot of money.

Figuring that about 3-5 percent of the population is actively homosexual, and figuring that only a small percentage of that percentage would enter into homosexual unions, and considering that corporate America is rapidly shedding its medical and pension responsibilities for its employees, it is rather doubtful that this is a big issue for employers. The additional costs for covering gay spouses would, in the general scheme of things, be inconsequential.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 09:23 am
joefromchicago wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Everyone except Boomerang is missing the real point. Boomerang got it right early in this thread. The real opposition to homosexual marriage is that it would cost employers a lot more money to provide medical coverage, insurance, etc. to homosexual married couples. Corporate America uses the religious right to fight their battles for them---as it usually does on a lot of issues that will cost them a lot of money.

Figuring that about 3-5 percent of the population is actively homosexual, and figuring that only a small percentage of that percentage would enter into homosexual unions, and considering that corporate America is rapidly shedding its medical and pension responsibilities for its employees, it is rather doubtful that this is a big issue for employers. The additional costs for covering gay spouses would, in the general scheme of things, be inconsequential.

exactly
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:10 am
BBB
As a labor negotiator for over 25 years, I can attest that covering homosexuals under employer health plans was a very big issue that was fought vigorously by employers due to the additional costs.

BBB
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 10:37 am
Still waiting for Brandon to address the counter-example I gave regarding his "it's against evolution" tripe.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 11:11 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
As a labor negotiator for over 25 years, I can attest that covering homosexuals under employer health plans was a very big issue that was fought vigorously by employers due to the additional costs.

BBB

There are also issues with workman's compensation laws and the Family Medical Leave Act.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:16 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Still waiting for Brandon to address the counter-example I gave regarding his "it's against evolution" tripe.

still waiting for that threesome with squinney and maria carey.....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:29 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

I think yours is likelier....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 12:37 pm
DrewDad wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
DrewDad wrote:

I think yours is likelier....

oh goody...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:28 pm
panzade wrote:

Sure, if that's how you deal with disagreement.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:30 pm
DrewDad wrote:
No defensive claim that you didn't see the post, or that you don't have time to read every single one?

You're slipping, Brandon.

Just tell me which post you want me to reply to and I will. My psychic abilities are a little low today.

Obviously, if anyone makes any response to anything I've said in any of a couple of dozen threads, and I don't reply, I must be in the wrong.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 01:48 pm
Funny how you do respond to the posts all around the ones that blow your arguments to pieces....

Go back and read.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:12 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
panzade wrote:

Iwas just goosing ya...

sidebar: you gonna make our luncheon in late JulY?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:45 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

The experience in markets where this coverage is already provided suggests that the employer argument on this is quite literally hooey.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:45 pm
panzade wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
panzade wrote:

Iwas just goosing ya...

sidebar: you gonna make our luncheon in late JulY?

As of now, my wife and I will probably be there, although it's a couple of hours away.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 02:47 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Funny how you do respond to the posts all around the ones that blow your arguments to pieces....

Go back and read.

I read back several pages and didn't find the post you're referring to, before I asked you to identify it. If you want me to reply, you'll have to give me a hint what you want me to reply to. By the way, it's very clever of you to realize that my protestations that I don't read every post on the site every day are just a sham.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 03:02 pm
So Brandon, how many jellybeans are in your jar?
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2006 04:09 pm
Does he have a jar?
0 Replies