Interest
Decision
Action
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 09:55 pm
kitchenpete wrote:
LittlecutieK,

You have charm, looks, sense of humour...OK, I've only picked these things up from our online contact and a few pictures on your site. You have direct comments from various friends, here, who have met you...to the same effect.

I've been nervous about approaching women since - forever! I've never got beyond seeing myself as a predator if I do...and that's not a good self image to have when you try to get to know someone. A gentle word about something you are both aware of "in the moment" - the food, in this instance, or the weather - it doesn't matter. You'll soon see if it's worth making it 1-2 minutes or just 20 seconds. In any case, you'll know if it's NOT worth pursuing and maybe exchange numbers....who knows.

I've often wondered about the very direct approach (few words involved) of handing over my card, saying "If you'd like to be taken to dinner sometime, call/email me", smile and walk away...any comments. (I've never done it, btw!)

Gautam - pull yourself together! You are a fun, witty, sophisticated guy. OK, so I'm not gay, I can't really comment on your "appeal" in that respect, but I'd have no qualms about introducing you to anyone I know who is and therefore might be interested...you're a great guy. Good luck with "R"...let us know. If nothing else, it doesn't sound as if he isn't interested in seeing you. He may look on you as a "friend" rather than a "lover", but what's the harm in that? You need to find out before you give up hope.

Courage, mes vieux! KP

Thinking about getting this fer L'k ????Thinking about getting this for the 'k"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 10:09 pm
that for me?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 10:11 pm
I am patiently (yeah, right) waiting for an update, littlek.

Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 10:17 pm
nothing from the guy I emailed.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 10:22 pm
is he sending you pictures to look at?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 10:23 pm
Son of a......

G'night.

Any grocery store trips planned between now and Sunday evening?

Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 16 May, 2003 10:26 pm
Husker - no I asked him out for coffee.

Rae - this weekend is going to be mayhem. I'll have to squeeze a run for groceries in somewhere, but I don't know when.
0 Replies

marycat

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 09:47 am
I met Brian in the middle of a flurry of I-don't-want-to-settle-down-with-any-guy-right-now-I-need-my-freedom dating of many different men. Intended all fun, no relationships. I had more first and second dates in a few months than I think I have in the entire rest of my life. I had so much fun!

Anyway, at that time I went to Brew Moon regularly because I worked in the neighborhood and they had good cheap happy hour appetizer specials. And good beer. And my friend Johnny was behind the bar and he was a very good guy.

One night, there was a man I'd never met before a couple bar stools over. Johnny asked what I wanted to drink, and I said, "Oh, I don't know, give me something dark and bitter." Brian found his perfect conversation-opener.

A few weeks later, we ran into each other, again through Johnny. Brian couldn't remember my name but he remembered "dark and bitter." Brian and I were absolutely inseparable for the next week (until he moved to Colorado.) It took us a year to finally live in the same city again, but the rest as they say is history.

I'd say the confidence boost of dating and meeting and just getting to know a lot of different people was my best dating tool ever. Just get out there and talk to people. Remember that you are adorable and funny and you have a lot of interesting things to say about the world!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 10:39 am
Thanks Cat. I'm glad you two finally ended up back in the same town(s).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 10:50 am
I'll second that. I met E.G. when I was in the middle of a dating frenzy. I'd been alone for a while, was kvetching about it, then realized I kept turning down guys who asked me out which wasn't exactly compatible with kvetching about being alone. So I made a vow to say yes. That was sorely tested when the first guy to ask me out after the vow was a 40-something co-worker, but after a few weeks of this E.G. made his move, and that worked great. Very Happy

Oh god he made his move. I have just negated everything I have said about "don't plot, don't plan, just be yourself."

Phooey.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 17 May, 2003 12:23 pm
Very Happy You crack me up, sozobe!

Phooey, indeed!
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 19 May, 2003 03:40 am
Husker,

Nice of you to quote me, but I don't understand your comment.

Seems as if k's confused too. Can't a guy say nice things about a girl who lives a few thousand miles away without it being seen as a come on?

KP
0 Replies

MisterEThoughts

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 08:02 pm
so true code soo true man
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 09:16 pm
I'm late to this thread... I don't see a thing wrong with little k flirting wise. Well, I am also a shy woman. Still, I am all for being yourself, and if you aren't a flirt til you are comfortable with the person or in a flirty mood, well ok. I think a small smile is a good idea, if the guy is even looking in your direction...or if you catch him buying radishes, coming up with some veggie comment as soon as possible, sardonic or just veg talk. Yah, exotic fruit would be easier.

As to age, I met my husband when I was 34. A fine age.
0 Replies