How to meet people?

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:06 pm
wait a minute - you were going to slip a girl with a boyfriend your eddress?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:11 pm
Well, littlek, cute is fine if that's how you would describe yourself, but beautiful on the inside makes your outside shine.

CodeBorg, one of my sons has the same attitude. I was beginning to think he was never going to find anyone, because the women who approached him he usually didn't like. He started dating a woman with whom he had been friends for about a year and it turned into a romance. Now, if I can just prevent myself from asking her if she is fertile. Rolling Eyes I'm soooo ready for grandchildren.

Littlek, in case my son's romance doesn't work out, he is only a few years younger than you. He is very cute, one of the best rock drummers in New Haven and a true gentleman. Are you sure you don't want children???? :wink:
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:13 pm
Diane! Yes yes, I'm beautiful on the inside - mostly. And, you've mentioned this son before..... and you sent me the link to his bands website. He is cute. I hope you get your grandkid(s) soon!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:13 pm
Yeah, practicing your flirting skills online is fun, isn't it shweetheart? All I know is you women have it so much easier, that's why I think your "dillema" was funny. I do know most of my female friends don't approach guys much, either. Guess they don't have to though, half the time they're complaining how dorks always hit on them.

No, I was going to get hers, but didn't grab the opportunity when it presented itself for 10 seconds(well, I'm pretty sure it was an opp). I wouldn't give a girl my info, unless I had to...that's useless.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:19 pm
It is fun slappy, and it's helped me. The flirt you see on your screen now was a virtual flirt weakling just 4 years ago. I've come a looong way, baby (sigh).

The dork hitting on the girls - again, it's all in the approach. If it isn't a hit, it isn't so weird. And, dorks are better than sleaze-balls.

I've started my share of romances. I have made the first move before. It's just usually been with people I've known for a little bit already.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:25 pm
I'm the same, I used to be completely clueless when it came to females. Not that I'm anywhere near being a pickup artist, but I wasn't confident until after I was done with college, and it's jumped even more this year. It's so important.
And it's so much easier hooking up with people you meet through friends, at least for me. Takes the whole "stranger" aspect away.
I wonder which way I come across more as, the dork or the sleazeball? Hmm...I can definitely think of times where I played both.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:28 pm
The stranger aspect is a hard one for me.

Well, online, you come across more as a sleazeball (haha!), if that's any help. Actually. You seem honest (mostly) and funny. That'd go a long way with most women I know.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:30 pm
Another of my problems is that I'm veeeery subtle. Prolly too subtle. Until a move has been made anyway.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:39 pm
so..what you're saying k is your not some overwhelming, outspoken, hot momma looking for some love.

IMO this works in your favor...if you could just take a wee little bit of that.

Think of it this way...what if the guy was like 90? Old men have long conversations with me in the grocery store all the time...its cute, harmless, and could be considered practice if I was practicing and all. However since their wives are beside them just glad they arent bugging them, or rolling their eyes, or giggling, it really is harmless and just conversation. I say you go to the grocery more often, find old married men, and start conversations with them...good practice..totally innocent. Wink

Okay..so, I go with you and ahead of time we have you all suited up with mics, ear piece, etc and a gang of us guide you through it.

nah...you know..you'll get to it, when you feel good about it....which you should do once you feel comfortable doing it...and only you know when that is. Im sure there is more than not being some crazy woman behind it all.

Hope all this is helping in someway. Smile
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:39 pm
Gee, thanks(?) I'm definitely honest...I don't hide things too well, and I'm comfortable talking about anything.
But, I usually don't talk about midget sex and beating up the elderly when meeting women...but I've definitely used some "creative" ways of doing it, that may have had a bit of sleaze thrown in. I know, it's a shock.

Of course you're subtle...you're a woman! Gotta read your body language, and not listen to a word you say, cuz' it means nothing! I'm kidding. Sort of.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:41 pm
Wait, maybe your shirts are too baggy?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:56 pm
Q - yeah! a mic and ear piece like that sponge bob episode... ah nemmind. I'm a dork. Speaking of sponge bob, my bro-in-law's cute friend who I saw recently - definitely don't have a problem flirting with him!

Slappy - it's a compliment, really. my shirts too baggie? Nope.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 08:58 pm
I wanna do the gang of us advising k thing!!! We can do it virtually... like, someone with a mic has a laptop, relays what's going on, and we tell her what to do! It'd be a BLAST! It wouldn't WORK, of course, but it would be a BLAST! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And Slappy, you come across as perfectly adorable. Come here and I'll pinch your li'l scarred cheek. Sho shweet.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 09:00 pm
scarred or scared? He does come across as adorable, doesn't he?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 09:01 pm
oh..web cam, streaming video, therapy on the the net...yeah...it could work! Smile

The bro's friend the same cute sailing guy??? Hasnt that been going on a while now? Maybe you're just on ultra low burn..gotta get you some nitrous. Well, ne v e r m i n d I wont say it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 09:06 pm
slow burn? Nitrous? Yes, I've had a crush on him for years! We flirt like crazy when we see each other which is once or twice a year.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 09:07 pm
Pinch my cheek? Wow, are you foward. Never even met ya', and you're talking about pinching my ass. That's assault, sista'.

You don't need mics. I would have walked up to that guy and been like "hey buddy...why don't you write down your email address. No jackass, not for me. See that cute lil' chick over there? Nope, not that one, that one. Hell yeah. Uh, dude, sorry, I don't know what she's like in bed. Anyway, she digs you but is too shy to walk up to you. Now fork it over, sucka."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 09:10 pm
Hmm, according to Code Borg's hilarious post in BPB's anal sex thread, he has had anal from more than one partner...your dating life can't be that bad....I think you just need a woman with substance. Very Happy They are out there....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 09:12 pm
slappy - that'd would have been great. Will you work for beer?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 09:15 pm
Work for beer?

C'mon, don't ask silly questions.

And cheap beer, at that.
0 Replies