Dixie Chicks withdraw apology to Bush

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:42 am
Dookiestix wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
GOD, that was funny, I almost choked on my coffee. Lieberman a leftist? LOL!!! One can merely watch Fox News to see that every pundit on that propogandist network, including even Sean Hannity, supported Lieberman, and will continue to do so when he runs as an independent.

Yup .. me too. That's because he's a leftist who gets it.

Seems as though leftists who "get it" are losing primaries (whatever the hell that means...). Laughing

Yep ... they have alienated themselves from the rest of the flock of leftists wo do not get it.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:46 am
Ticomaya wrote:

For once you're right about something, Tico. Yup, he got it, big time.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:49 am
Lieberman is a posterchild of what happens to a politician that doesn't walk lock step with the bloggers and loudmouths that currently dominate the left. The mere fact that the other guy had both Jesse Jackson and that other nimrod behind him during his victory speech should give everyone something to think about. Is that who you really want representing you?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:56 am
McG: of course that's merely MY opinion...
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:17 am
JTT wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

For once you're right about something, Tico. Yup, he got it, big time.

My point exactly. Unfortunately, and once again, Tico didn't "get it."
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 12:30 pm
Dookiestix and JTT....I GOT IT and I am not going to play label games with Tico because, well, it ain't worth the time if he thinks Jomentum is a leftist!!!It is a kinda like hitting your head against the wall. It feels good when you quit.

BTW: I did choke on my coffee too! Laughing
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 01:35 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Lieberman is a posterchild of what happens to a politician that doesn't walk lock step with the bloggers and loudmouths that currently dominate the left. The mere fact that the other guy had both Jesse Jackson and that other nimrod behind him during his victory speech should give everyone something to think about. Is that who you really want representing you?

McG
Last week, one evening when Laura Ingraham was hosting for O'Reilly, she referenced the period of the early seventies through the eighties when the Republican party carried out its purges of moderates. Yes, I do have that right. I saw the show.

What are your thoughts on that?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 01:53 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
It is on the top of your list that they are leftists and that is why they were against the war in Iraq. Tico, if it were just that simple, if it were only that simple to just give someone a label because you disagreed with them on the war. Question....Have you been to war? Anyone close to you fighting in the Iraq War? Just curious.

I have been to war,including fighting in Iraq during the invasion!!!
Does that make me qualified to have an opinion?

After all,I am in favor of the war and what we are trying to accomplish in Iraq.
I know that you dont like that,but I know hundreds of other Iraq vets that feel the same way.
I know that you dont like that,but since I have been to war,and recieved a purple heart,that makes me qualified,by your own statement,to have an opinion about the matter.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 02:30 pm
Mysteryman....I wasn't addressing you. I was asking Tico because he thinks all people against the Iraq War are "leftists." I served my country as did my husband and we are not leftists or pacifists. You can have your opinion about the war. I don't care. Nor do I care that Tico thinks I am a leftist now that I know he thinks Lieberman is one. Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 02:44 pm
blatham wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

McG
Last week, one evening when Laura Ingraham was hosting for O'Reilly, she referenced the period of the early seventies through the eighties when the Republican party carried out its purges of moderates. Yes, I do have that right. I saw the show.

What are your thoughts on that?

I wasn't aware that the blogosphere was influential during the 70's. Care to expound on that?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 02:47 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
Mysteryman....I wasn't addressing you. I was asking Tico because he thinks all people against the Iraq War are "leftists."

Pardon my French, but that's bullshit.

Quote:
I served my country as did my husband and we are not leftists or pacifists.

Whether you are a leftist or not has nothing to do with whether you served your country.

Quote:
You can have your opinion about the war. I don't care. Nor do I care that Tico thinks I am a leftist now that I know he thinks Lieberman is one. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Question When did I call you a "leftist"?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:08 pm
VNN,
Look at Liebermans voting record.
He has supported the dem position 90% of the time.
He has however,disagreed with the dems on the war and Iraq.

Because of that,he has been,to use the lefts favorite term,"swiftboated" by his own party.

How can you claim he is not a liberal,if you HONESTLY examined his record and the facts?
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:39 pm
I read and understand what I read, MM. Lieberman is not the Democrat that he says he is. He has enabled the Bush administration so much that he lost the primary. Not just because of the war, but because he lost touch with the Connnecticut voters. Terry Shiavo, rape victims not receiving timely treatment "because they can find another hospital", social security privatization, to say nothing of his criticism of other Democrats that criticised Bush's policies. CT voters are not known to be crazy left wingers and they were saying, in my opinion and others, ENOUGH OF YOU, Joe Lieberman! The idea that he is running as an Independent with help from the WH (Thanks to ABC and some insider on his staff, is disgusting. I predict huge fall out from the Rove help.

Tico, I really thought you were saying I was leftist! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:41 pm
MM: He was not Swift Boated. It was an election and the people spoke.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 03:54 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:

I guess to some on the extreme right, the Connecticut voters "swiftboated" Lieberman. But in a normal world, most sane people generally refer to that as exercising their Constitutional rights.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:30 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
Tico, I really thought you were saying I was leftist! Rolling Eyes

I think you misunderstood me.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 04:39 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:

Chris Mathews on MSNBC called Lieberman a
"
Quote:
Lieberman of course is the schmaltzy ethnic guy, the Uncle Tonoose, you know, the guy that's very much kind of lachrymose in his almost postnasal drip voice of his"

Do you have a problem with that?

Have you read some of the comments about him on sites like democratic underground?

You really should.
It is rather enlightening to see how mean and hateful thae dems can be.
Especially when they are supposed to represent everybody and have a "big tent" that can hold everyone.

And,why was Lieberman's website hacked by Lamonts supporters?
Why hasnt Lamont said anything about that?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:00 pm
Quote:
And,why was Lieberman's website hacked by Lamonts supporters?
Why hasnt Lamont said anything about that?

Not only are you clueless when it comes to politics, but you seem to know absolutely nothing about the internet. Joe's campaign paid for a cheap ISP, and the DoS was predominately a result of too many people interested in his site. Interesting that Joe was able to still post something on his page, as well as email from his account. They hired a hack by the name of Dan Geary to run this operation, and his poor sense of forsight most likely allowed this to happen.

Please, do read up on this stuff before making such ridiculous claims. It's becoming increasingly difficult to debate those who are not in the know. Joe could have easily done a redirect, as his site existed in the cache, but it served his political agenda to merely blame the other side. The Lamont campaign offered to send someone out to help them get their site back up and running, but Joe declined.

Joe, in his concession speech, mentioned that his site would be up once it was unhackable. He's an absolute moron, and knows nothing about a 503 error, which is an Apache error that one's server is getting too much usage. As this election gained much national attention, the idiots in his campaign should have expected the increased usage and beefed up their bandwith before the primary election. They paid an measly $15 dollars for a shitty ISP. Besides, even the NRO doesn't believe this garbage. When news got out that Joe's site was down, it just invited more hits for people to check out.

Is there anything else you wish to comment on that you know nothing about?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:17 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Because of that,he has been, to use the lefts favorite term,"swiftboated" by his own party.

As VNN pointed out, MM, he was not swifboated. That entails lying. That's roveian/WH policy that does that.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:05 pm
Not unusual that a Swift Boater like mysteryman would Swift Boat Lamont by saying Lamont Swift Boated Lieberman. That's easier than admitting that a large majority of Americans have turned on the war. Most Americans say Bushie deliberately lied us into war. mysteryman would accuse all of them of Swift Boating the Presidunce.
0 Replies