Dixie Chicks withdraw apology to Bush

McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 05:54 pm
I am sure the libbies will buy her cd's and make it a hit in whatever chart defines that music.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:00 pm
yes, but knowing that she hasn't got the approval of some non descript flannel wearing neo con from upstate New York will never allow her to achieve real happiness and contentment.... so of what use are fans world wide, a satisfying career doing exactly what one pleases and the financial benefits to do it?

How empty and sad her life must be. Poor baby Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:16 pm
But, McG, don't you like the stark honesty of the lyrics even if you disagree with them? She holds nothing back, shields nothing, puts her thoughts right out there unafraid.

Joe(That used to be known as the American way)Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:20 pm
Nothing like old-school country music.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:26 pm
"I didn't vote for Mr. Bush, let's just leave it at that". Johnny Cash.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:41 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
But, McG, don't you like the stark honesty of the lyrics even if you disagree with them? She holds nothing back, shields nothing, puts her thoughts right out there unafraid.

Didn't say I didn't like it.

Music is a lot like art, different people like different things.

Wouldn't you agree though that the lyrics in this song could be nothing more then an attempt to sell records to a pre-defined, targetted audience?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 06:44 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Joe Nation wrote:

Didn't say I didn't like it.

Music is a lot like art, different people like different things.

Wouldn't you agree though that the lyrics in this song could be nothing more then an attempt to sell records to a pre-defined, targetted audience?

like every scripted thing coming out of bushs mouth to sell his **** war and **** politics to a pre-defined targetted audience?
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:14 pm
Mcg: I don't think she is trying to sell the song to a targetted audience. I think she is right out front about how angry and frustrated an artist can become when she sees what has happened in this country. Brave is my word for her...too many people were so quick to threaten the Dixie Chicks with death threats and boycotts for speaking up against the little man in the WH. The little man that passes for our president. Shameful.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:51 pm
I disagree Vietnamnurse, it is very targetted to the anti-Bush crowd and I am sure they will buy it because of that. Same with that other song about kicking ass. It was targetted. There is a lot of marketing involved with music and this idealistic anti-Bush stuff is definitely marketed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:55 pm
It's not like she'll be changing audiences.

People who were/are fans of Mary-Chapin Carpenter aren't going to drop off because of the songs. People who didn't know who she was weren't going to buy any of her music in any case. They might be a bit self-righteous now about their decision not to support her, but they didn't know who she was before, so who cares.

Big hat country and old school country/country rock/SSS doesn't usually have a lot of cross-over in terms of fan base.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:00 pm
"targetted"? It was heart felt reaction to mass murder. The sin is that it needed saying. 9 American soldiers died in one explosion in Iraq today. Natalie and the Chicks did their best to prevent that. If Bushie had worked with Hans Blix thousands of dead Americans and coalition troops and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis would be alive today. Not to mention the wounded, maimed and mentally impaired.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 01:41 pm
Someone was targeted all right! Laughing
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 05:08 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
If Bushie had worked with Hans Blix thousands of dead Americans and coalition troops and hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis would be alive today

...in a nutshell
0 Replies