Dixie Chicks withdraw apology to Bush

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 07:48 am
RexRed wrote:
Ta hell with the Chicksie Dicks..

They were completely out of my mind until you revived this thread, RR.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 02:01 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Ta hell with the Chicksie Dicks..

They were completely out of my mind until you revived this thread, RR.

I was being nice... Laughing
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 10:15 pm
RexRed wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
Dixie Chicks new album has already achieved platinum status, selling 1.5 million copies. That album occupied the No 1 spot on the Billboard 200 for two weeks in a row, it was the number one country album for five straight weeks, and was the nation's number one digital Album. Not too shabby.

Your avatar is offensive, traitor...

His avatar speaks volumes about the true state of things.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 10:21 pm
He has the attention span of a gnat.

The Dixie Chicks stand as three highly patriotic women. Talented, honest, forthright, and absolutely dead on in their description of Bush.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 09:30 am
REx, poor soul with 58% of America saying Bushie deliberately lied us into war in Iraq a distress signal is very much warrented. We know who betrayed us.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 08:16 pm
Blue, I think it maybe more than 58% now. Just a feeling...so much goin' on...
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2006 08:57 pm
VNN, the 58% is from a poll today. But I think you're right lots happening.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 09:06 am
Chicks' night out at Grammys Female trio make nice with 5 trophies while the Peppers spice things up with 4
By JANE STEVENSON

LOS ANGELES -- The Dixie Chicks' triumphant comeback was the big story last night at the Grammy Awards, as they won all five categories in which they were nominated.

The Texas trio swept the big three awards at the Staples Centre -- song and record of the year (for Not Ready To Make Nice) and album of the year (for Taking The Long Way).

"I'm ready to make nice!" singer/songwriter Natalie Maines said after the band won their fifth award to end the night, album of the year.

The Chicks' single Not Ready To Make Nice was their first since alienating a large chunk of their country-music fanbase in 2003 with their outspoken criticisms of U.S. President George W. Bush.

"I, for the first time in my life, am speechless," Maines said after the band collected the song-of-the-year trophy.

The Dixie Chicks also won for best country album, and best country performance by a duo or group with vocal.

"I think people are using freedom of speech tonight with all these awards," said Maines, whose anti-Bush comments began the severe country-music radio and fan backlashes against the group.

Given those trials and tribulations, documented in a highly praised documentary, Maines was amused her group fared so well last night.

"That's interesting," she said. "Well, to quote the great Simpsons, 'Heh, heh.' "

"We have no regrets," added Maines' bandmate Emily Robison.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 09:38 am
Yawn! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 11:38 am
heh heh

It was a great show last night - good performances and some great wins.

heh heh

Cool
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 06:36 pm
You go, dixie chicks. Natalie Maines is a badass.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2007 11:47 pm
Especially for Woiyo[/u]
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 04:55 am
bravo
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 02:32 pm
Is there any truth to the rumor that the Dixie Chicks are quietly negotiating a deal with Obama? The Dixie Chicks would publicaly support Obama, appearing in concert on his behalf during the campaign. At the Convention the Dixie Chicks would provide some of the musical entertainment. In return, Ms. Maines would be given a top post in the Obama administration. The sticking point appears to be that Ms. Maines has her heart set on becoming the next National Security Adviser.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 03:11 pm
as Ms. Maines put it so nicely

heh heh
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 04:59 pm
Asherman wrote:
Is there any truth to the rumor that the Dixie Chicks are quietly negotiating a deal with Obama? The Dixie Chicks would publicaly support Obama, appearing in concert on his behalf during the campaign. At the Convention the Dixie Chicks would provide some of the musical entertainment. In return, Ms. Maines would be given a top post in the Obama administration. The sticking point appears to be that Ms. Maines has her heart set on becoming the next National Security Adviser.

Any truth to the rumor you pulled that out your arse?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2007 05:22 pm
Grammys or not, Dixie Chicks still country-radio "outlaws" http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8N8F2M82.html "Johnny Cash won best country album in 1998 and then made headlines when his record company took out an ad showing a much younger Cash flipping his middle finger and thanking "the country music establishment in Nashville."
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 03:18 am
Asherman wrote:

A tip, asherman. We all understand that many of your ideas expressed in previous posts have proven to a public embarrassment. We all understand as well that where gravitas is advertised but mere fragility delivered, there's bound to be some urgent anxiety to forward an alternate product. Political satire (this is the tip) looks like another loser.

I'm not sure what to suggest. Perhaps something on knot-tying? I'll wager you are good at that.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2007 08:15 pm
Asherman wrote:
... In return, Ms. Maines would be given a top post in the Obama administration. The sticking point appears to be that Ms. Maines has her heart set on becoming the next National Security Adviser.

Jesus, wouldn't that be a refreshing change, Asherman!! Someone with honesty.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 05:18 pm
I heard Mary Chapin Carpenter interviewed on the Diane Rehm Show on NPR several weeks ago and ordered her CD. On it is a song dedicated to the Dixie Chicks. It is a knockout punch. I am going to dedicate her words to Blueflame:

ON WITH THE SONG

This isn't for the ones who blindly follow
Jingoistic bumper stickers telling you
To love it or leave it, and you'd better love Jesus
And get out of the way of the red, white and blue

This isn't for the ones who buy their six packs
At the 7-Eleven where the clerk makes change
Whose accent makes clear he sure ain't from here
The call him a camel jockey instead of his name.

Chorus:

No this is for the ones who stand their ground
When the lines in the sand get deeper
When the whole world seems to be upside down
And the shots being taken get cheaper

This isn't for the ones who gladly swallow
Everything their leader would have them know
Bowing and kissing, while the truth goes missing
Bring it on he crows, putting on his big show.

This isn't for the man who can't count the bodies
Can't comfort the families, can't say when he's wrong
Claiming I'm the decider, like some sort of messiah
While another day passes and a hundred souls gone.

CHORUS

This for the ones that I see above me
Three little stars in a great big sky
Light for the world and hope for the weary
They try

This isn't for the ones with their radio signal
Calling for bonfires and boycotts they rave
Exhorting their listeners to spit on the sinners
While counting the bucks of advertising they'll save.

This isn't for you and you know who you are
So do what you want 'cuz I know that you can
But I've got to be true to myself and to you
So on with the song, I don't give a damn

Mary Chapin Carpenter from her new CD: The Calling
0 Replies