Dixie Chicks withdraw apology to Bush

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:07 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Not unusual that a Swift Boater like mysteryman would Swift Boat Lamont by saying Lamont Swift Boated Lieberman. That's easier than admitting that a large majority of Americans have turned on the war. Most Americans say Bushie deliberately lied us into war. mysteryman would accuse all of them of Swift Boating the Presidunce.

Yes, based on mysteryman's logic, roughly 60% of the American people are currently "swiftboating" George Bush right now. Actually, if you gauge it on his approval ratings, that number increases to roughly 65%.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:24 pm
Blueflame: 59-61% have turned against the war with many in the middle that say they are unhappy with the Bush Administrations prosecution of the war. I think that is a majority, no? :wink:
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:32 pm
VNN, a clear majority. Swift Boaters United? Are 60% Americans "with the terrorists"?
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:42 pm
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 04:06 am
I have never said that anyone was "swift boating" Bush,nor do I believe that to be happening.

Again,you try to put words in my mouth.
But,when Lieberman was attacked on the left's blogs as being a "lapdog for Bush",why did so many on the left accept that,even when it wasnt true?

I absolutely agree,the voters spoke in Ct,and they made their choice.
I also know that it was a small percentage of the registered voters in Ct,and that may come back to bite Lamont in the general election.

If Lamont loses the general election,how many of you on the left will accept that as the will of the voters,or will some of you immediately start crying that Lieberman cheated?

That seems to be the tactic employed most often when the left loses elections.
Cynthia Mckinney is already claiming that the election was rigged because she lost.

Personally,I dont care who wins in Ct,I dont live there.
But,I do find it interesting that the dem party is trying to throw out of the Senate on of the few reasonable voices they have.
What happened to that "big tent" that the dems claim to have?
The one that has room for everyone,no matter who they are or what they believe,as long as they are dems?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:56 am
Quote:
The one that has room for everyone,no matter who they are or what they believe,as long as they are dems

You mean room for African Americans and other minorities to run for Congress and win?

Joe obviously has decided to run as an independent. He is no longer a Democrat. Therefore, there doesn't seem to be much room for him at this point. But I'm sure Republicans would love to have him in their camp.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 05:30 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:
The one that has room for everyone,no matter who they are or what they believe,as long as they are dems

You mean room for African Americans and other minorities to run for Congress and win?

Joe obviously has decided to run as an independent. He is no longer a Democrat. Therefore, there doesn't seem to be much room for him at this point. But I'm sure Republicans would love to have him in their camp.

So,if he is no longer a democrat,then why are the party leaders and big names begging him not to run?
They are afraid that he will hurt the ticket,and that he is hurting the dem party.

If he is no longer a dem,why do they care if he runs or not?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 09:23 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Vietnamnurse wrote:
Tico, I really thought you were saying I was leftist! Rolling Eyes

I think you misunderstood me.

That's mighty easy to do you slippery old snake you. Smile

Patterns of deception are hard to read. Studied obfuscation, smoke, wavy mirrors, ... I don't think your own mother would know what you believe, Tico.
0 Replies

BernardR

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 10:42 pm
But Ticomaya knows what he believes--Read his posts!!!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 04:02 am
Mysteryman wrote:
I absolutely agree,the voters spoke in Ct,and they made their choice.
I also know that it was a small percentage of the registered voters in Ct.

It was a smaller percentage of the voters who chose Lieberman, and a smaller percentage of the voters still who chose Schlessinger, (who is being double-crossed by his own party).
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 06:31 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Dookiestix wrote:
Quote:

So,if he is no longer a democrat,then why are the party leaders and big names begging him not to run?
They are afraid that he will hurt the ticket,and that he is hurting the dem party.

If he is no longer a dem,why do they care if he runs or not?

You just answered your own question.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2006 12:15 pm
In Nashville, Sounds of Political Uprising From the Left http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/19/washington/19nashville.html?ex=1313640000&en=18f84d4844d735f7&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 07:07 pm
"The international press won't get their first look at the documentary Dixie Chicks: Shut Up and Sing until its gala premiere at the Toronto Film Festival tonight. But EW.com got an early look at the sure-to-be-controversial doc in Los Angeles and can attest that the film will continue to bring the (ex?) country trio more plaudits from progressives and further condemnation from conservatives. And if you think singer Natalie Maines had some harsh words for President Bush in public, wait till you hear what she had to say about him behind the scenes.

In one memorable scene, Maines watches news footage of the president being interviewed about the furor that followed the singer's on-stage comment that she was ''ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas,'' which resulted in the group being dropped from most radio stations, as well as protests and plummeting sales. ''The Dixie Chicks are free to speak their mind,'' Bush told Tom Brokaw at the time, adding, ''They shouldn't have their feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy their records when they speak out. You know, freedom is a two-way street.''

After watching this footage, Maines repeats the president's comment about how the group shouldn't have their ''feelings hurt,'' incredulous, and then says, ''What a dumb f---.'' She then looks into the camera, as if addressing Bush, and reiterates, ''You're a dumb f---.''

We could be wrong, but we have a feeling that in Toronto, at least, they're gonna love it." http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0%2C6115%2C1533988_1_0_%2C00.html
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 07:13 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
"The international press won't get their first look at the documentary Dixie Chicks: Shut Up and Sing until its gala premiere at the Toronto Film Festival tonight. But EW.com got an early look at the sure-to-be-controversial doc in Los Angeles and can attest that the film will continue to bring the (ex?) country trio more plaudits from progressives and further condemnation from conservatives. And if you think singer Natalie Maines had some harsh words for President Bush in public, wait till you hear what she had to say about him behind the scenes.

In one memorable scene, Maines watches news footage of the president being interviewed about the furor that followed the singer's on-stage comment that she was ''ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas,'' which resulted in the group being dropped from most radio stations, as well as protests and plummeting sales. ''The Dixie Chicks are free to speak their mind,'' Bush told Tom Brokaw at the time, adding, ''They shouldn't have their feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy their records when they speak out. You know, freedom is a two-way street.''

After watching this footage, Maines repeats the president's comment about how the group shouldn't have their ''feelings hurt,'' incredulous, and then says, ''What a dumb f---.'' She then looks into the camera, as if addressing Bush, and reiterates, ''You're a dumb f---.''

We could be wrong, but we have a feeling that in Toronto, at least, they're gonna love it." http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0%2C6115%2C1533988_1_0_%2C00.html

big hit in some areas of Raleigh as well I predict.... :wink:
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 07:18 pm
Lots Key Westers too.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 09:51 am
Keith Olbermann really went all out in blasting Bush.

"Five years later this space is still empty.

Five years later there is no memorial to the dead.

Five years later there is no building rising to show with proud defiance that we would not have our America wrung from us, by cowards and criminals.

Five years later this country's wound is still open.

Five years later this country's mass grave is still unmarked.

Five years later this is still just a background for a photo-op.

It is beyond shameful.

Who has left this hole in the ground?

We have not forgotten, Mr. President.

You have.

May this country forgive you."
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 04:15 pm
Advocate wrote:
Keith Olbermann really went all out in blasting Bush.

"Five years later this space is still empty.

Five years later there is no memorial to the dead.

Five years later there is no building rising to show with proud defiance that we would not have our America wrung from us, by cowards and criminals.

Five years later this country's wound is still open.

Five years later this country's mass grave is still unmarked.

Five years later this is still just a background for a photo-op.

It is beyond shameful.

Who has left this hole in the ground?

We have not forgotten, Mr. President.

You have.

May this country forgive you."

So,it is up to the President to build a building owned by the NY port authority?

There have been many different plans and drawings concerning rebuilding,but the port authority has delayed and not made any decisions.

How is that the fault of Bush?
Where is the memorial to the USS Cole deaths?
Or the memorial to those killled in the attacks on the US embassies?
Or the memorial to those killed at the Khobar Towers?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 06:02 pm
Dixie Chicks new album has already achieved platinum status, selling 1.5 million copies. That album occupied the No 1 spot on the Billboard 200 for two weeks in a row, it was the number one country album for five straight weeks, and was the nation's number one digital Album. Not too shabby.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 03:15 am
Ta hell with the Chicksie Dicks..
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 03:17 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Dixie Chicks new album has already achieved platinum status, selling 1.5 million copies. That album occupied the No 1 spot on the Billboard 200 for two weeks in a row, it was the number one country album for five straight weeks, and was the nation's number one digital Album. Not too shabby.

Your avatar is offensive, traitor...

I don't care what you have to say...
0 Replies