i'm just gonna go ahead and say it...

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:04 am
i hope the temperature never drops below 65f for the next 40-50 years.

there, i said it...

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:12 am
(looking out over the audience, RP begins to get nervous. Did they take it well? No one is moving he thinks. Then, someone begins clapping. Then another. And another. Soon, the whole theater is applauding. Some begin to stand up as the applause swells to full blown cheering, complete with people whistling their approval. Smiling, RP knows he has spoken well and true)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:27 am
I could do with a few days at a brisk 55 degrees.

Also, there should be three consecutive below freezing days to remind the daffodils to bloom in the spring.

Those three days could also be used to cut the local insect pest population.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:28 am
Hmmm . . . 65 . . . that's pretty damned hot, but i guess i could put up with that . . .
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:39 am
currently 77 & sunny in down-town bean-town.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 10:51 am
I like skiing. And I plan to do lots of it in the upcoming years. On real snow, in real cold weather.

In the upcoming President of the Universe election, vote against Region Philbis. Vote for nature. Vote for the Beauty and Love, Fast Cars, Trashy Novels and Chocolate party candidate.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:15 am
No good for me.

I need my snow and ice.

The dogs need snow to frolic in.

Sorry, Green Blobby Man.
0 Replies

tin sword arthur

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:30 am
http://www.jamsarts.com/animated/others/sun.gif
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:37 am
I agree with Region. Snow can take it's stuipd-ass along with three of his best friends and sit on an upside down barstool.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:41 am
So... Reege and Slappy,

You guys live in Boston, why again?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:55 am
yeah, show them, george!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 11:57 am
George wrote:
So... Reege and Slappy,

Great question. I love it in the spring, summer and fall, just hate the winter. Definitely don't want to move to FL, and haven't had a good reason to move to the West Coast. And only been out to CA for a total of 4 days of my life anyway.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:11 pm
Dag--

Quote:
In the upcoming President of the Universe election, vote against Region Philbis. Vote for nature. Vote for the Beauty and Love, Fast Cars, Trashy Novels and Chocolate party candidate.

Isn't Kicky's term almost up?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:13 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Dag--

Quote:

Isn't Kicky's term almost up?

That's why I'm warning people about Region. I'm sure he will want to run in the next election.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:13 pm
There's a lot about winter in new England I love.

Next January, when I'm scraping ice off a windshield in the middle of a
howling blizzard, I will retract the the above. Profanely.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:25 pm
I never have to see snow again in this lifetime.

Living in central Georgia is fantastic. It gets hot in the summer but the winters are relatively mild, spring is magnificent, the azaelas then the dogwoods then the magnolias, etc., and with the abundance of trees here, fall is visually incredible too. Spiritual.

After almost 40 years of enduring Chicago's weather, this has been a dream.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:48 pm
Region has some very dangerous ideas. Did you know his new avatar is a Pooka in potential?

He says he's a "Palooka", but Pooka's are devious creatures.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:49 pm
George wrote:
So... Reege and Slappy,

i live here because all the other great things about it make the shiddy weather tolerable...

don't worry, daggles -- i ain't runnin' for anything except the bus...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 12:52 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Region has some very dangerous ideas.

very dangerous?
bunk!

i would say my ideas are Regional at best...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 5 May, 2006 02:25 pm
{singing}

Oh I am just a student, sir and only want to learn But it's hard to read through the risin' smoke of the books that you like to burn So I'd like to make a promise and I'd like to make a vow That when I've got something to say, sir I'm gonna say it now Oh you've given me a number and you've taken off my name To get around this campus why, you almost need a plane And you're supporting Chang Kai-Shek while I'm supporting Mao So when I've got something to say, sir I'm gonna say it now I wish that you'd make up your mind I wish that you'd decide That I should live as freely as those who live outside Cause we also are entitled to the rights to be endowed And when I've got something to say, sir I'm gonna say it now Ooh, you'd like to be my father you'd like to be my Dad And give me kisses when I'm good and spank me when I'm bad But since I've left my parents I've forgotten how to bow So when I've got something to say, sir I'm gonna say it now And things they might be different if I was here alone But I've got a friend or two who no longer live at home And we'll respect our elders just as long as they allow That when I've got something to say, sir I'm gonna say it now I've read of other countries where the students take a stand Maybe even help to overthrow the leaders of the land Now I wouldn't go so far to say we're also learnin' how But when I've got something to say, sir I'm gonna say it now So keep right on a-talkin' and tell us what to do If nobody listens my apologies to you And I know that you were younger once 'cause you sure are older now And when I've got something to say, sir I'm gonna say it now So I am just a student sir and only want to learn But it's hard to read through the risin' smoke from the books that you like to burn So I'd like to make a promise and I'd like to make a vow That when I've got something to say, sir I'm gonna say it now

Ahem, er, the weather's really nice. But I think I'm a little pink.

PS Gotta love Phil Ochs.
0 Replies