i'm just gonna go ahead and say it...

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 10:42 am
goofy weather is easier to deal with when its warm out.

i'd MUCH rather have a flooded basement in the summer than get snowed-in in the winter...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 11:01 am
No, I mean that what you just described (unseasonable cold) is itself part of the goofiness.

GLOBAL warming can mean, for you, witch's-tit-cold.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 11:09 am
Quote:
I'm not nearly as fond of RP as I once might have been.

Evidently he's a man who demands instant gratification.

Perhaps Gaia wasn't listening?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:08 pm
All I can say is that we should have splendid weather out here in
California, but instead it's around 60 F, windy and cool. Evil or Very Mad

We did not book such a weather when moving here.... Sad
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:16 pm
It's sunny! Finally! Tomorrow is National Hanging Out Day (a celebration of hanging one's laundry out on the clothesline) and it looks like the weather may finally cooperate. Yea!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:20 pm
It's actually gorgeous here -- cool but sunny. The depressing thing is all of these bare, dead trees that were covered in baby leaves and/or flowers when the cold snap hit a few weeks ago. The leaves/ flowers were zapped, turned brown, and then (mostly) fell, leaving bare, wintry trees. I'm still hoping that they'll bounce back, but they've been bare for a while now, lots and lots of them in my area. It's quite unsettling.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:37 pm
Soz--

I know how you feel, but have faith.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 03:37 pm
sozobe wrote:
It's actually gorgeous here -- cool but sunny. The depressing thing is all of these bare, dead trees that were covered in baby leaves and/or flowers when the cold snap hit a few weeks ago. The leaves/ flowers were zapped, turned brown, and then (mostly) fell, leaving bare, wintry trees. I'm still hoping that they'll bounce back, but they've been bare for a while now, lots and lots of them in my area. It's quite unsettling.

Whereas, here, it LOOKS like Autumn....because the deciduous trees' leaves are brown and falling...but a lot of it becasue the leaves were badly burned in the crazily extended summer heat...and the ongoing severe drought.

At least it is only unseasonably WARM this week, not HOT.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:04 pm
Man, it's freezing here. Actually, we're supposed to finally get some relief this weekend. This week, it was so wet out that the rain soaked through into my jacket pocket and the magnetic strip on my trolley pass started to flake off. Of course it no longer works; had to buy a new one.

Global warming, well, of course we don't want the planet dying off. I just want it to be seasonable. It's been about 10 - 15 or more degrees colder than normal since Spring allegedly started (yeah, that's almost a month already). Usually around this time of year it might be wet but it's kinda pleasant walking in the rain type of weather. It is currently run through the rain, keep your head down, now you've got yet another cold weather. Feh.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 04:55 pm
Florida isn't really all it's cracked up to be. Sure it's sunny a lot, and usually pretty warm during the long winter months... But the summers can be almost unbearable at times because of the humidity coupled with the high temps. Sure there's air conditioning... but it only works on the inside... heh...

I was a big fan of Florida for my first two years... Not driving in or shoveling any snow. Not waking up to below zero weather. Not having to prepare for blizzards... Eventually that wore off though. Florida is flat. There's not a big variety of trees, and most everything is green... all the time. I definitely miss certain aspects of the north. The changing of the seasons is probably the biggest thing.

The anticipation of spring. Pulling out the bbq and having a get together with friends in the summer. Trips to the lake. The transition of hot summer to cool fall with beautiful leaves... Looking out a frosty window in the morning to a world blanketed in fresh snow. Yeah... the northern states definitely have their glory.
0 Replies

BonelessConnus

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2007 11:54 pm
Weather here in this area of Virginia is starting to look better. It dropped from 90 to 50 in a day and a half! Yikes. It's starting to heat up again and there aren't anymore winds threatening to tip my house over.
But I love the dramatic weather changes in Virginia. Very Happy It keeps things interesting. I lived in California for a while and I took Virginian weather for granted; I wouldn't trade it for the boring 9 months of dry, mediocre weather to 3 months of straight rain that came from California any day.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:06 am
'Mornin', BC and welcome to weather complaints. Smile

I hope you're not near where the shootings occurred. I've been to VA but dunno where Gainesville is (I've been to VA beach, Richmond and Danville).

Anyway, chilly here yet again. Water on top of m'neighbors' detached garage is rippling in the wind but does not seem to be getting sprinkled on. Yet.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:17 am
Hi boneless. I've been through VA and it's pretty beautiful up there! The same thing has been happening to us in FL.

Hi jespah. Are you waiting for rain?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:47 am
I'm waiting for it to stop, dolling. Ack, it's started up again. My hair is getting very poofy just looking out the window. Smile

How's the stuff by you? Is FLA at least dry?
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 07:42 am
Beautiful sunny day -- first (of many) load of laundry on the line Cool
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 12:20 pm
the sun actually came out today, just before noon.
walking around town, it seemed most everyone was in a good mood.

can't remember the last time it was sunny.
its been 5 or 6 days of nothing but cold, rain and wind...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 12:58 pm
My squills are blooming.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 01:47 pm
jespah wrote:
I'm waiting for it to stop, dolling. Ack, it's started up again. My hair is getting very poofy just looking out the window. Smile

How's the stuff by you? Is FLA at least dry?

heh... my hair gets poofy too when it gets like that. Razz The weather here is actually perfect today. 82 with low humidity. It should be good camping weather for the next few weeks... then someone forgets to turn the oven off high for about five months!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 04:56 pm
Send some o' that ovenesque here, please. Finally got a bit sunny this afternoon -- just when work got really busy. Feh. Next week is supposed to be better and also presumably less poofy.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Thu 19 Apr, 2007 05:08 pm
Less poofy is definitely good! As soon as the ovenesque gets here I will gladly send some your way! But for now... this will have to do:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/princesshephzibah/sunset10.jpg

Smile
0 Replies