i'm just gonna go ahead and say it...

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:33 pm
Smog--

I admit your evidence is conclusive.

Do you have a vision for the future of A2K or are you content with a title?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 02:59 pm
It's official.

I am NOT a lady.

I definitely schvitzed on the walk toward the pre-arranged pick-up point.

A one hour walk in 108 F humidex. I am not happy.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:16 pm
Horses sweat.
Men perspire.
Women glow.

Your glow was visible in the Poconos.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:23 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Do you have a vision for the future of A2K or are you content with a title?

I do, in fact, have two more appointments to announce:

Secretary of Transportation ehBeth
Secretary of Health and Human Services Noddy24

Surely the public will agree with these choices. May you serve A2K well!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:26 pm
hahahahahahahaha!

(can I be Minister of Transportation? I have a sort of congenital inability to be a secretary)
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:29 pm
Perhaps I can work out some sort of conglomerate of cabinet-style systems. For now, though, you'll have to remain Secretary ehBeth. Hopefully this is acceptable!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:38 pm
In that case, I'd have to be one of those secretaries with glasses and a bun, who tosses off the glasses and flings her hair around when things get interesting.

Cool
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:45 pm
Ah, the perks of the job!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 03:57 pm
I must decline the position of Secretary of Health and Human Services, but I will volunteer to do my bit as "Chair of the Absurd".
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 04:29 pm
You can't decline! I've already penciled you in as a member of my fake cabinet.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 06:06 pm
So I see you've found a suitable position for my campaign manager, Dag. Good for you. You will find she's invaluable.

Do you have a Secretary of Love and Beauty yet?

(Can't run this place without one, y'know.)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:18 pm
Chair of Absurd--or nothing. I don't have the time for anything more than a sub-cabinet post.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 07:36 pm
smog wrote:
Kicky passed stepped down and made me, his vice president, A2K president, remember? And I'm never giving it up!

Speaking, admittedly, as a fan, you're most welcome to it - I'm sure a bunch of us'll be happy to never have to see a Love & Beauty poster on A2K again..
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 29 May, 2006 09:42 pm
During cabinet meetings, may I have the chair directly across the table from Nimh? I won't say a word, I promise. I'll just wink at him and smile.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 07:52 am
i'm just gonna go ahead and revive it...

winter sucks ass.

its not even officially winter, but its in the 20's every morning...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:34 am
Isn't it annoying?

Every time I walk out to the wall of cold I think to myself, "Oh, come on, you grew up in Minnesota, building igloos in below-zero temps was your idea of a great time," but it just doesn't seem to work. I also have recently developed this cold weather = sick sozlet association, which impedes my enjoyment. Plus there just really isn't anything to enjoy if there's no SNOW. Snow + cold has its benefits. Cold all by itself is BLEH.

That said, it was freakily warm there for a while and that was creeping me out, too. Hard to please I guess. (Unless it snows -- that'd be good.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:37 am
I don't like hot weather, but i'm not fan of winter, either. I should just move to Ireland.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:42 am
I love cold weather, as long as it's dry.

With cold weather, at least I have the option of wrapping up in suitable clothing to keep me warm.

With hot weather, no matter what I wear, I'm still hot.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:45 am
I was standing in the shower the other day with the water on as hot as I could possibly endure it. It was almost scalding but I enjoyed it because the temperature outside was frigid and I hate the cold with such intensity that burning myself is therapeutic.

I recall last year when I was in New Orleans and the temperature was around 100 and oppressively humid (to everyone but me apparently) There was an recessed circular fountain in a large public area down by the waterfront. Around the fountain were stone benches, set in a circular fashion. I sat in there and slowly began to cook. The concrete was so hot I had to slowly work myself into it, sitting, standing, sitting, until finally I adhered to the structure.

Above me people scampered for the air-conditioned surroundings or headed for the water.

But I stayed in my spot for hours and slowly baked alive.

God.... I love the friggin heat.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 6 Dec, 2006 08:45 am
No offense, LE, but folks in the British Isles who live south of the Scots Highlands have no idea what cold weather is (and i suspect the Jocks don't really get cold weather as we know it, either). Yesterday, the plastic basket which sits on the back stoop, and into which we put recycling materials before sorting them, was blown off the stoop into the back yard. It is flexible plastic, but it was so cold, the plastic shattered in several places.

And yesterday was not a particularly cold day for this town.
0 Replies