Public Fighting

kitkat bar

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 11:05 am
makemeshiver33 wrote:

KK, maybe you and yours need to leave the alcohol alone.....

And I'm sorry, but like I said earlier, If your man enough to dish it out, you'd better be man enough to take it. Even scratches on his chest can get you in trouble....he's marked, you aren't.

You say its never happened to you? But...there isn't any difference in the abuse..if it gets physical.

Whats the difference?

What I mean is, my husband has never threatened to kill or hit me due to being drunk or even sober. The only time we have ever physically fought was when we had both been drinking. I refuse to get into this topic again because last time I mentioned that we had been drinking I was called an alcoholic. Having a drink once in a long while does not make you an alcoholic. An alcoholic is an abuser of substance. Every time I mention that story about how we had been drinking everyone comes to the conclusion that I am some sort of violent alcoholic drunk. Last time I mentioned this fight everyone started telling me to go to AA. Interestingly enough, everyone was so wrapped up in telling me that I am an alcoholic and need help and go to AA, that they totally ignored my responses in saying that they need to learn the definition of an alcoholic first before calling someone one.

Sorry if I am a little rude but I want to make sure that your response doesn't get taken out of control again.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 12:44 pm
Quote:
What I mean is, my husband has never threatened to kill or hit me due to being drunk or even sober. The only time we have ever physically fought was when we had both been drinking.

KK, thats the only two times he's ever offered to hit me, is after drinking. TWO TIMES...in 19 years...thats it.

Quote:
Sorry if I am a little rude but I want to make sure that your response doesn't get taken out of control again.

Excuse me? That firey response was to the poster that mentioned that since he'd entered into this post, he'd seen where one had punched her husband when all he had done was swing his hands, and that a woman threatened violence after assuming she was threatened.

Out of control? LOL, not yet.........

If you want out of control, I'll give it to ya...

Quit your damned whining and suffer through your exhaustive relationship the best way you can. Or better yet, leave him...its apparent he's a controllable ass that you've enable. You've allowed him to get away with his attitude...quite frankly, I think you like it.

Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable and each person they come in contact with are also....
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 6 May, 2006 04:45 pm
kitkat_bar wrote:

What I mean is, my husband has never threatened to kill or hit me due to being drunk or even sober. The only time we have ever physically fought was when we had both been drinking.

I'll take you on your word.

And what you describe about your relationship is STILL completely unacceptable, as far as most people are concerned. It's been pointed out several times: on its own merits.

In its way, I have found emotional and verbal abuse to be almost worse than physical abuse. It is at least equally dangerous. It's hard to catch. It's so gradual. It slowly erodes someone's self-esteem to the point where they can not even see that what is happening is wrong.

Kitkat, have you re-read any of your posts? Just out curiousity, I'm wondering what you think about that idea ?

I've been hit by men a few times (all non-lovers). It may not be 'PC', but like Shiver: I hit right back. Why should I stand there and take it? It's surprising how easily most of them back-off when they realized they were dealing with someone who would hit back! But, there are lunatics who are out of their minds with anger or simply tougher: that's not fun at all.

And just from my own personal experience; I do agree that there is a bias against males in regards to abuse. I've seen way too many girls/women get away with murder just because they are a 'girl'. I don't like that fact, but that's what I see. I'm sure we all have our own stories on that.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 12:56 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:

Quit your damned whining and suffer through your exhaustive relationship the best way you can. Or better yet, leave him...its apparent he's a controllable ass that you've enable. You've allowed him to get away with his attitude...quite frankly, I think you like it.

Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable and each person they come in contact with are also....

Huh...it seems to me that your're the one that likes drama and being miserable...or at least making other people miserable. I find these two lines very interesting. It seems to me that you like to start a fight no matter if the person wants it or not.

It definatly gives me a whole different perspective and opinion on your physical fight with your husband. As for me, I was almost positive that I mentioned not wanting the topic of alcoholism to get out of control, not the beatings of husbands or vice-versa. I am not your husband that got you so heated up just mentioning how he wanted to hit you, so you don't have to talk to me like I am. It sounds to me like you are the firey one who I could see who would be just waiting for the opportunity to hit him.

And FYI, I hate being miserable. I hate being treated this way. I have always been considered the sweet girl next door. I don't like fights, I try my hardest not to get involved in them. I "whine" as you say on here to look for hope, not to glorify myself. I have always been the optimistic one and the all around happy one in the group. I am the one that everyone turns to when they are haveing a crappy day because I am the one that puts a smile on their faces.

P.S. Stop saying "Excuse me?" like your're offended by what everyone says, if you can dish it out you can take it.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 01:04 pm
flushd wrote:

Kitkat, have you re-read any of your posts? Just out curiousity, I'm wondering what you think about that idea ?

Actually yes, just recently. I read through them all. Some of them brought up old anger, and some of them I just laughed at because they have been dealt with and no longer relevant anymore. Most of them though were old fights that seemed big at the time but really are a thing of the past to me now. Some of them reminded me why my husband does the things he does. He has a lot of anger towards his parents, who are very religious, but he is no longer involved in the church. His parents forced him into doing a lot of things to get him involved in the church such as sending him off to religious colleges and sending him on his mission. These things affected our relationship because due to him being sent off, I was at home waiting for him for close to a year to come back to me, remaining completely faithful.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 04:45 pm
Truth hurts...doesn't it? LOL

You found my post offensive? LOL
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 10:50 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Truth hurts...doesn't it? LOL

You found my post offensive? LOL

No I didn't find it offensive at all actually. I just thought it was funny that you wanted to start a fight over me not wanting to escalate the situation.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 05:21 am
I don't believe anywhere in my postings were you asked to escalate the situation.
Add all the words you care too, but it is no where within any sentence structure.

Quote:
Huh...it seems to me that your're the one that likes drama and being miserable...or at least making other people miserable. I find these two lines very interesting. It seems to me that you like to start a fight no matter if the person wants it or not.

How did I make you miserable? The fact that I hit the nail on the head?
Go ahead Dr. Phill....I give you perfectly good life examples of a situation, physco analyis it if you feel the need to
Funny though..someone that can't figure out her own situation, can sure figure out mine...

Quote:
It definatly gives me a whole different perspective and opinion on your physical fight with your husband.

Ummm, yea....ok, whatever you say there....

Quote:
As for me, I was almost positive that I mentioned not wanting the topic of alcoholism to get out of control, not the beatings of husbands or vice-versa.

Who mentioned ALCOHOLISM? I didn't.
No where did I state the fact anyone was an alcoholic?
You sure get defensive over it though??

Quote:
I am not your husband that got you so heated up just mentioning how he wanted to hit you, so you don't have to talk to me like I am.

Uhhummmm...ok, whatever...

Quote:
It sounds to me like you are the firey one who I could see who would be just waiting for the opportunity to hit him.

Tit for Tat...I can see now why YOUR boyfriend treats you like he does...your assumptions, are so way off base........but you go ahead there Dr. Phill...physco analysis the situation. Again, can't deal with your own relationship, but you have me figured out....you go girl....

Quote:
And FYI, I hate being miserable. I hate being treated this way. I have always been considered the sweet girl next door. I don't like fights, I try my hardest not to get involved in them. I "whine" as you say on here to look for hope, not to glorify myself. I have always been the optimistic one and the all around happy one in the group. I am the one that everyone turns to when they are haveing a crappy day because I am the one that puts a smile on their faces.

Umm, why do you feel the need to share this with me?

Quote:
P.S. Stop saying "Excuse me?" like your're offended by what everyone says, if you can dish it out you can take it.

EXCUSE ME? IS that the best you could come up with? lol
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 07:06 am
OK you two....break it up.

Everybody else.....show's over, move along, nothing to see here.
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:01 am
makemeshiver33 wrote:
I don't believe anywhere in my postings were you asked to escalate the situation.
Add all the words you care too, but it is no where within any sentence structure.

I didn't say you wanted me to, I said I didn't want to escalate it because it would most likely turn out bad. I said this on my own.

makemeshiver33 wrote:
How did I make you miserable? The fact that I hit the nail on the head?
Go ahead Dr. Phill....I give you perfectly good life examples of a situation, physco analyis it if you feel the need to
Funny though..someone that can't figure out her own situation, can sure figure out mine...

I am not saying you are making ME miserable, I am saying that you probably made your husband miserable. Read inbetween the lines (and no I don't mean the "read inbetween the lines" where you flick someone off I mean literally.)

makemeshiver33 wrote:
Who mentioned ALCOHOLISM? I didn't.
No where did I state the fact anyone was an alcoholic?
You sure get defensive over it though??

This might refresh your memory

Quote:

KK, maybe you and yours need to leave the alcohol alone.....

This sentence from you is why I said I didn't want to escalate it. I wanted to make sure that you weren't going to turn this into an alcoholism thing.

makemeshiver33 wrote:
Tit for Tat...I can see now why YOUR boyfriend treats you like he does...your assumptions, are so way off base........but you go ahead there Dr. Phill...physco analysis the situation. Again, can't deal with your own relationship, but you have me figured out....you go girl....

Whoa...have you even read any of this thread??? Have you even read any of my posts??? Boyfriend??? Boyfriend??? Maybe you should go back and put your glasses on before reading anything on a computer.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:12 am
this should be moved out of the Relatioinships and Marriage forum into...well just somewhere else. It has ceased to be of any value to anyone and there are people who actually look for advise on this forum. This bickering is waste of everybody's time and it's petty.
And no, I'm really not interested to hear "who started it" either.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:23 am
I totally agree Dag...

I just responded to ms. katt on another thread, and now I'm thinking the same thing.

This whole thing goes round and round, getting nowhere.

Both of the threads should be plunked into the humor forum by now.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:25 am
If you can consider painful tedium humorous...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:32 am
look blacksmith, if you don't stop coming over to my house in the middle of the day with a dozen of your crack smokin' friends throwing your dirty socks and hard lemonade cans all over, I'm not gonna let you help me dye my hair next weekend.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:35 am
you thought that was him?

>snicker<
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:37 am
Hey, that's big talk from someone who's not even a REAL redhead! And I'll clean up when I'm good and ready-- IF I ever GET ready! Which reminds me, how CAN I clean up when YOU never get any G@D Dammed DISH SOAP!!!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:38 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Hey, that's big talk from someone who's not even a REAL redhead!

OOOOOOooooooo

no you Did'nt
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:40 am
Hey, she started it!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:41 am
Nu-huh

i saw you

im tellin..
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 8 May, 2006 11:43 am
zip it, all of you. bunch of cackling gremlins you are! shame on you. got nothing more useful to do than post on an online forum in the middle of the day? wait, i am...ummm... ok bye.
0 Replies