Sex when Aunt Flo is in town....

daniellejean

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:22 pm
I voted yuck - then I remembered I lost my virginity when I had my period (made it easier because it was built in lubrication; hard to know if I broke my hyman or not - but I did). Anyway, its not the worst thing in the world, but it makes a mess. You have to put a towel down, and then the towel is ruined. Its also kind of a turn off to see all of that blood after the fact. I don't do it now unless I'm at the end of my period and the flow is so light that it doesn't really matter.

To respond to what other's have said, I am always really turned on during that time of the month. So maybe I would benefit from giving it more of a chance.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:26 pm
No biggie really for me...It can get a bit messy, but showering together afterwards can be good clean fun.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:27 pm
Ok, I've given this some thought (highly unusual for The Dys) men don't really think about this because they don't experience it and it's really a mystery to them. NOONE has ever explained jack **** about it. What men do think about is PMS (why are you looking at me that way, do you think I'm fat?) The idea of "unclean" or as my ex used to say "the curse" I am inclined to think of has originatination in religion but then again, am clueless.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:39 pm
Hmmm...there are all those awful jokes about periods...you know the "something that bleeds and doesn't die" ilk......some men seem very uncomfortable and disgusted by the whole thing, or so it appears. I have only had personal experience of talking to a couple of such, but there does seem to be a historical level of male concern and cries of "defilement, unclean" etc in lots of cultures.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:39 pm
On cramps, back in '02 of the last century I used to have terrible cramps, virtually always throwing up, sometimes famously to myself. My favorite cramp hurling memory was hurling into the ivy at the big (then) walk between the UCLA science buildings and Kirchkoff Hall, which had a very old-fashioned Women's Lounge. I have a vintage post card like that from some publishing house in New York... giant room, coffered ceilings, lots and lots of leather sofas, and beyond, the marbled bathrroms. I made it to the bathroom and stalls and hurled a goodly amount the second time, one of those, er, propulsive numbers, and another woman down the stall line said something like, oh, god, that's just disgusting. (I don't think they knew about prostaglandins then....)
Foxy though I was and continue to be, I wouldna been receptive.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:40 pm
well...if you don't like it, there's the door. and don't come back.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:42 pm
ossobuco wrote:
On cramps, back in '02 of the last century I used to have terrible cramps.

Shocked In 1902?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:43 pm
Erm, I was always turned on (flashing lights, sirens) at ovulation time, less so, but not not entirely, during periods.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:44 pm
1902, seems like it sometimes. You do know I exaggerate?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:53 pm
yessss. you cannot be older than gus, that's fer sure. and even gus was but a mere teenager back in 1902...
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:56 pm
I was always incredibly horny after the first day or so. My best time.

The scene: macabre.

<won't paint a pic, but if I did, I'd have to use buckets of... LOL!!!>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:57 pm
littlek wrote:
Actually, I think sex helps with the cramps and the nausea at that time.

I can see now that this is true, at least in the early stages of cramps. Muscle relaxant.
Looking back I was probably something of a prostaglandin fool. I just threw up Midols from age 13. I was also, shock, a virgin back in early college. The hurling clueless. But what fixed it all was getting on birth control pills sometime later.

I forget the fellow's name but there is one male gynocologist associated with the development of birth control. Bless his heart, in retrospect.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:59 pm
Well I can't answer this question until I have a go at sex with a girl who's actually reached puberty.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:00 pm
That makes sense, Lash, break up of premenstral tension. The cramp scenario, however light or dire, was still part of the tension, me thinks.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:01 pm
Hang on, Slappy, Slappy hang on...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:03 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
yessss. you cannot be older than gus, that's fer sure. and even gus was but a mere teenager back in 1902...

I thought we knew each other, dag. In 1902 my teenage years were well behind me, as was my military career.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:06 pm
YOU were the handsome hungarian officer from the King's cavalry?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:07 pm
No, that was Vilhelm.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:08 pm
Somehow, I am hungry for Goulash now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:09 pm
Ah, I bet Gus used to be Mustafa Kamal...
who I am just learning about.
0 Replies