Sex when Aunt Flo is in town....

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:04 pm
Okay, I'm curious:

I find my attitude is directly influenced by the men I have been with throughout my life so I'm interested in responses from both men and women regarding sex when a chick is on her period.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 13,993 • Replies: 142
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:08 pm
I've found that the women are generally uncomfortable with it, while the men are less fussy. In my personal experience.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:11 pm
I agree with what Edgar said.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:14 pm
never really knew any girls who found it a big deal, never bothered me
0 Replies

littlek

I don't mind it and I have had ex-lovers who have been across the spectrum on the issue. One liked it, saying that blood and semen is a magical mix and one freaked at the site of blood. Most are somewhere in the middle.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Yeah, same here...the main thing is don't look down after the fact.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:18 pm
Interesting results, all, thanks for asking the Q, Boomer.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:47 pm
I have never given a brass razoo, and neither have any gentleman visitors.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:54 pm
I hope the people who are looking in will at least vote in the poll if they don't want to leave their personal "reply" to the question.

I think this is one of those things that people don't talk about much. And I do understand that it is kind of a delicate question.

I think women take cues from the men in their lives and men take cues from the women in their lives but neither is really vocal about their attitudes. It is a complicated subject.

This might be easier for everyone if I confess that Mr. B and I, while not in the "yuck" mode are, after 20 something years together, kind of in the "kind of a hassel" mode depending on what day of the cycle it is.

I could be wrong but I believe there are still some religious/cultural frames of mind that consider a women "unclean" during her period. I'd like to hear from those people too. (I promise not to go all psycho-bitch on you.)

Like littlek, I think the responses we've received from the men are very interesting and I thank you for talking about your feelings on this.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:06 pm
This rates pretty low on the scale for concerns I have in my life. Ain't nothing that a shower can't fix up afterwards. Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:07 pm
Beats the matter of possible sex when you are nauseous from cramps...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:07 pm
Oh, and no big deal, generally.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:08 pm
I've never benn with a lady that minded, and some seemed more turned in. Go figure ...

Anon
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:09 pm
I've never given it much thought unless the lady in question made an issue about it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:10 pm
I have known many women who for religious or health reasons don't use birth control -- those women are certainly more "tuned in".

It was a discussion of such with my gal pals that led to me to asking the question.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:10 pm
To get to the gory details, I wasn't particularly orgasmic on those occasions. Still, there is a level of intimacy, no?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:16 pm
Actually, I think sex helps with the cramps and the nausea at that time.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:18 pm
boomerang wrote:
I have known many women who for religious or health reasons don't use birth control -- those women are certainly more "tuned in".

It was a discussion of such with my gal pals that led to me to asking the question.

I type too fast ... I meant turned on! My highschool sweetheart and wife #2 were both very amourous and orgasmic during that time.

Anon
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:18 pm
If a guy has been out in the desert herding cattle, working under an intense sun, and he rides into town, dying of thirst, and orders a beer and the bartender says, "There's a little dust on this glass. Do you still want the beer?", I am going to say, "Hell, yeah, give me that friggin beer."

And a guy getting off the couch from a nap would answer in a similar fashion.

Go figure.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:19 pm
littlek wrote:
Actually, I think sex helps with the cramps and the nausea at that time.

That was what my gals said!

Anon
0 Replies