Democrat lawmaker attacks police officer

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:05 pm
Montana wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Rep. McKinney is the most outspoken Rep. in Washington. She is extremely outspoken on Iraq and the official story of the 9/11.

Thats a problem. We can't be having a Rep. in Washington really representing the people. So one way or another shes got to go.

This is Bush, Rove politics; Coordinated Lies, Slander, chaos and disinformation but the people get wiser everyday.

This wouldn't surprise me either.
Montana, This Black women is a little hell fire and those millionare corrupted old men don't like her chalenging them. She is saying exactly what some of us might say if we were there. Go to this site and make your own mind up about this brave women.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cynthiaforcongress.com/issues.html

Cynthia McKinney has made her concern for and commitment to America's valiant veterans in no uncertain terms:

"America needs to make a greater effort to care for those who have fought for our nation's independence. We need to ensure that quality veterans' medical centers are available to help our nation's veterans.

There is no reason why someone who is retired from the military should have to choose their pension over any veterans' disability benefits. While in Congress, I cosponsored legislation that would end this inequity and permit concurrent receipt of both retired pay and veterans' disability benefits.

While in Congress, I introduced legislation which passed and is now law, that corrects an unjust provision of Agent Orange compensation. People who had respiratory cancers from their exposure were getting denied their benefits, and that will no longer happen. (Agent Orange Respiratory Cancer Act of 2001, H.R. 1587
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:11 pm
Dyncorp and Halliburton Sex Slave Scandal Won't Go Away
Halliburton, Dyncorp lobbyists stall law banning human trafficking and sex slavery

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones | January 1 2006

Almost a year after Representative Cynthia McKinney was told by Donald Rumsfeld that it was not the policy of the Bush administration to reward companies that engage in human trafficking with government contracts, the scandal continues to sweep up innocent children who are sold into a life of slavery at the behest of Halliburton subsidiaries , Dyncorp and other transnational corporations with close ties to the establishment elite.

On March 11th 2005, McKinney grilled Secretary Rumsfeld and General Myers on the Dyncorp scandal.

"Mr. Secretary, I watched President Bush deliver a moving speech at the United Nations in September 2003, in which he mentioned the crisis of the sex trade. The President called for the punishment of those involved in this horrible business. But at the very moment of that speech, DynCorp was exposed for having been involved in the buying and selling of young women and children. While all of this was going on, DynCorp kept the Pentagon contract to administer the smallpox and anthrax vaccines, and is now working on a plague vaccine through the Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program. Mr. Secretary, is it [the] policy of the U.S. Government to reward companies that traffic in women and little girls?"

The response and McKinney's comeback was as follows.

Rumsfeld: "Thank you, Representative. First, the answer to your first question is, is, no, absolutely not, the policy of the United States Government is clear, unambiguous, and opposed to the activities that you described. The second question."

McKinney: "Well how do you explain the fact that DynCorp and its successor companies have received and continue to receive government contracts?"

Rumsfeld: "I would have to go and find the facts, but there are laws and rules and regulations with respect to government contracts, and there are times that corporations do things they should not do, in which case they tend to be suspended for some period; there are times then that the - under the laws and the rules and regulations for the - passed by the Congress and implemented by the Executive branch - that corporations can get off of - out of the penalty box if you will, and be permitted to engage in contracts with the government. They're generally not barred in perpetuity."

McKinney: "This contract - this company - was never in the penalty box."

Rumsfeld: "I'm advised by DR. Chu that it was not the corporation that was engaged in the activities you characterized but I'm told it was an employee of the corporation, and it was some years ago in the Balkans that that took place."

Rumsfeld's effort to shift the blame away from the hierarchy at Dyncorp and onto the Dyncorp employees was a blatant attempt to hide the fact that human trafficking and sex slavery is a practice condoned by companies like Dyncorp and Halliburton subsidiaries like KBR.

What else are we to assume in light of recent revelations cited in the Chicago Tribune that Halliburton subsidiary KBR and Dyncorp lobbyists are working in tandem with the Pentagon to stall legislation that would specifically ban trafficking in humans for forced labor and prostitution by U.S. contractors?

Three years has now elapsed since President Bush's promise to bring an end to this disgrace and the Pentagon is still yet to actually bar the practice.

And the employees themselves that are burned for blowing the whistle, like Kathryn Bolkovac who was sacked for reporting on Dyncorp officials who were involved in the Bosnian sex trade.

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich is one of very few representatives in high office aside from Cynthia McKinney to demand answers on this issue.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:12 pm
revel wrote:
Was the police officer not identified as a police officer or do they mean in this quote they are not saying who the police officer is? If the police officer was not identified, for all she knew, it was just some guy grabbing her. We also don't know if she hit him by accident, she may have had to turn around and in doing so, accidently striking the police officer. We really don't know yet.

In any event, so far, she has not been charged.

The officer was uniformed, on duty at a long-established identity checkpoint. This incident was not the first time Rep. McKinney has exhibited similar behavior, in not dis-similar circumstances, BTW.

revel wrote:

I didn't know there was a videotape of the incident? where?

All Capitol security checkpoints are video-monitored 24/7/365. The video of the McKinney incident has been provided to the pertinent concerned parties. It has not been publically released, and due to rules pertaining to evidence integrity and prejudicial pre-trial publicity, probably won't be for some time. That it exists is unquestioned; what it shows is known only to those who have seen it. Also of interest is the fact there are a number of confirming, cross-corrobative eyewitness reports, including testimony or affidavit delivered under oath.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:14 pm
HALLIBURTON REIMBURSEMENT -- (House of Representatives - March 01, 2006)

Ms. McKINNEY. Mr. Speaker, yesterday the Pentagon announced that it is returning $288 out of $300 million it was holding while investigating Halliburton for overcharging, even though Halliburton was previously caught overcharging the Pentagon by $27 million for meals for our troops.

Mr. Speaker, even as tens of thousands of Hurricane Katrina survivors face eviction due to FEMA, the United States Government is handing hundreds of millions of dollars to a company which has been plagued by allegations and admissions of fraud, waste, abuse, bribery and kickbacks.

The Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq was itself unable to account for $9 billion, with over a billion of this reportedly having been lost to Halliburton.

Today, I urge Congress to establish a permanent war profiteering committee modeled after the Truman Commission after the Second World War.

Before this Congress writes the President another blank check, we need to investigate the gross incompetence and even corruption that exists with this administration.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:17 pm
http://www.911truth.org/osamas/mckinney.jpg

The most courageous member of Congress.

Out of 535 members of Congress, Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney was the first to break the consensus of silence and point to the obvious - that the Bush administration had received advance warnings of an attack, and that this called for a full investigation, without limits on what line of questioning is acceptable. After saying so in March, she was vilified without mercy in the press, until it became clear that many more people were believing her and supporting her than the pundits and spin managers imagined.

http://www.911truth.org/osamas/mckinney.html
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:19 pm
''Let me be clear. This whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black congresswoman,'' McKinney said. ''I deeply regret that this incident occurred.''
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:31 pm
Whats this REALLY all about??? Never get between a gangster and their money.

Speaker: Representative Cynthia Ann McKinney (GA)
Title: Two Americas Live in the United States
Date: 09/14/2005

Ms. McKINNEY. Mr. Speaker, I would like to know if indeed it is a fact that the Vice President of the United States receives a salary in the form of deferred compensation from Halliburton which, in turn, received a no-bid contract to do the cleanup work for Katrina, are we prevented from saying that on the floor of the House?

Cont;
http://www.vote-smart.org/speech_detail.php?speech_id=125660&keyword=&phrase=&contain=
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:32 pm
Black Representative Accosted by DC Police for Changing Hairstyle
Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) is not particularly beloved by the D.C. Capitol Police because of her refusal to wear a nametag, an act of civil disobedience that has led her to be detained by the Capitol Police five times since she first took office in 1993. Most members of Congress don't have to worry about wearing a nametag--and, in fact, many don't bother. But like two-thirds of Washington, D.C. residents, and unlike most members of Congress, Rep. McKinney is African-American. This means that if she doesn't wear a nametag, the Capitol Police are likely to mistake her for a member of the general D.C. population--something that she is apparently all too happy to see happen, as it highlights racial profiling on their part. To prevent these kinds of embarrassing incidents from occurring on a more regular basis, police were provided with a photograph of McKinney's face so that they might stand a better chance of recognizing her.

But McKinney committed a cardinal sin before entering the capitol building on Wednesday: She had her hair done. The new hairstyle confused officers who, noticing that she was also not wearing a lapel pin, forcefully restrained McKinney to prevent her from proceeding further. Unfortunately for McKinney, this time she reflexively bumped or struck an officer once while he was grabbing her--and is now being investigated on possible assault charges for the incident.

The Capitol Police aren't the only D.C. law enforcement officers who are apparently having some difficulty adapting to the concept of black legislators. In 1998, while on her way to a meeting with then-president Bill Clinton, McKinney was detained by his security detail while her white colleagues were allowed to proceed. She later received an apology for the incident.

McKinney's race is not the only factor that makes her an appealing political target. When she called for a full investigation into the 9/11 attacks in early 2002, critics falsely accused her of claiming that the attacks were part of a conspiracy orchestrated by Bush. Her Georgia district, which is moderate and more than 50 percent white, voted her out in the 9/11-focused 2002 elections. After being vindicated, she reclaimed her seat in November 2004. http://civilliberty.about.com/b/a/2006_04_01.htm
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:35 pm
timberlandko wrote:
revel wrote:
Was the police officer not identified as a police officer or do they mean in this quote they are not saying who the police officer is? If the police officer was not identified, for all she knew, it was just some guy grabbing her. We also don't know if she hit him by accident, she may have had to turn around and in doing so, accidently striking the police officer. We really don't know yet.

In any event, so far, she has not been charged.

The officer was uniformed, on duty at a long-established identity checkpoint. This incident was not the first time Rep. McKinney has exhibited similar behavior, in not dis-similar circumstances, BTW.

revel wrote:

I didn't know there was a videotape of the incident? where?

All Capitol security checkpoints are video-monitored 24/7/365. The video of the McKinney incident has been provided to the pertinent concerned parties. It has not been publically released, and due to rules pertaining to evidence integrity and prejudicial pre-trial publicity, probably won't be for some time. That it exists is unquestioned; what it shows is known only to those who have seen it. Also of interest is the fact there are a number of confirming, cross-corrobative eyewitness reports, including testimony or affidavit delivered under oath.

So this statement:

Quote:
Several police sources said the officer, who was not identified,

just means that they won't say who the officer is?

How do you know there are
Quote:
a number of confirming, cross-corrobative eyewitness reports, including testimony or affidavit delivered under oath?
Do you have a source other than other police officers?

Quote:
It has not been publically released

So we don't know what is on the videotape.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:45 pm
Still no charges against this dangerous predator!
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:45 pm
mysteryman, "So here we have a member of the party that supposedly cares about the working man,attacking a man for doing his job." In this case the "working man" grabbed the wrong lady from behind. I wonder how many other Congresspeople got by the guy that day who were not wearing a pin. "police were provided with a photograph of McKinney's face so that they might stand a better chance of recognizing her." Sounds like she was a target for many years and more than one administration, "In 1998, while on her way to a meeting with then-president Bill Clinton, McKinney was detained by his security detail while her white colleagues were allowed to proceed. She later received an apology for the incident". Maybe that Capitol Cop should apologize for grabbing the Congresswoman from behind.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:47 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Black Representative Accosted by DC Police for Changing Hairstyle
Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) is not particularly beloved by the D.C. Capitol Police because of her refusal to wear a nametag, an act of civil disobedience that has led her to be detained by the Capitol Police five times since she first took office in 1993. Most members of Congress don't have to worry about wearing a nametag--and, in fact, many don't bother. But like two-thirds of Washington, D.C. residents, and unlike most members of Congress, Rep. McKinney is African-American.

Yep, they all look alike...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:47 pm
Ok, so what I've read so far makes me like her, but if she infact ignored the police who were trying to identify her and in turn hit the cop intentionally, I still think she was wrong in this matter.

We don't know exactly what happened yet, so it's way too early to judge.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:50 pm
I just hope the poor, defenseless rent-a-cop is recuperating satisfactorily from this viscious attack!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:51 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:51 pm
Montana wrote:
Ok, so what I've read so far makes me like her, but if she infact ignored the police who were trying to identify her and in turn hit the cop intentionally, I still think she was wrong in this matter.

Apparently not for the A2K Rabidly Right Wing Lunatic Fringe, so aptly represented here.

Big surprise.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:53 pm
This has got to be embarrassing for the poor guy.

Can you imagine the flack he must be getting, heehee!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:54 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
Montana wrote:

Apparently not for the A2K Rabidly Right Wing Lunatic Fringe, so aptly represented here.

Big surprise.

I'll try to keep them calm while we wait Laughing
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:55 pm
"This has got to be embarrassing for the poor guy.

Can you imagine the flack he must be getting, heehee!" Yeah poor mysteryman.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 06:57 pm
Hey, where is MM, still trying to find that space after a comma?
0 Replies