Democrat lawmaker attacks police officer

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:46 pm
woiyo wrote:
Montana wrote:
Ok, here's my opinion on the matter.

The woman didn't wear her ID badge and the cop doesn't recognize her, so he tries to get her to stop. She kept going, so he probebly grabbed her arm to stop her.

Cop was doing his job and woman thinks her **** don't stink.

On a prior note you posted you stated that "PEople hit people all the time. What the big deal?"

The BIG DEAL to me is a US Representative must act in a professional and dignified manner at all times. I am disgusted at politicians who feel they are above the law and can do what they please. She just happens to be the latest example of a politician who thinks they are above the law. Now she is bating the public and playing her little race and gender card which further disgusts me.

If this were a Republican, I guarantee the tone from some of you would be different.

The fact that some of you got "upset" with how MM characterized the post by his title bears out the sentance above.

I couldn't care less if she was a republican or not. She's no different from you or me from where I sit.
I agree with you that she's playing it up and I don't think she should get away with it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 02:56 pm
The events are disputed. And those details we have are sketchy. Right now, it is a he said, she said.

Was the officer treated for injuries? Was McKinney treated for injuries? Is it common for Congresspeople to be recognized and admitted without credentials? Was the officer acting diligently or, as we have seen many times in situations where people are given a little bit of authority, simply "throwing his weight around."
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:01 pm
Montana wrote:
Here's MM's thread title

"Democrat lawmaker attacks police officer"

Now, I wouldn't have even touched this thread if I hadn't seen the first word "Democrat". When I see this I see someone putting all democrats in the same category as this woman and the only reason MM had any interest in the subject at all is simply because the woman is a democrat.
Bottom line is that MM posted this thread in spite just to get a rise out of people and I would gather it takes a miserable person to do that.

Why so defensive? The title is correctly stated. She is a Democrat and she attacked a police officer. If she was republican, the title would read Rupublican lawmaker attacks police officer.

Are you that alligned to the democratic party that the title would be offensive to you?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:04 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
The events are disputed. And those details we have are sketchy. Right now, it is a he said, she said.

Was the officer treated for injuries? Was McKinney treated for injuries? Is it common for Congresspeople to be recognized and admitted without credentials? Was the officer acting diligently or, as we have seen many times in situations where people are given a little bit of authority, simply "throwing his weight around."

There is no dispute (except in your mind apparently)

She admitted she did not have her proper ID, went passed the Police Officer, refused to stop when told 3 times.

The only thing is dispute now is the fact she is blaming the cop for her errors and is stating the cop only did this because she was black and a female. How many other black female congresspeople did this cop stop that day? NONE!!!

This is typical of you and todays politicians who refuse to take responsibility for their actions and always blame someone else.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:11 pm
woiyo wrote:

If this were a Republican, I guarantee the tone from some of you would be different.

The fact that some of you got "upset" with how MM characterized the post by his title bears out the sentance above.

Woiyo,

Frankly, I don't think of us most of us give a ****, Republican or Democrat, or Martian. I know I don't give a ****. The real point of this Topic is that MM doesn't think we condemn Democrats for the same things we would condemn a Republican for, and he has been whining about this for the five years I've known him!! I don't see any of us hated liberals here starting this Topic if it were a Republican. Who bloody cares if some Rep smacks a building cop. Is this something that the nations health teeters on. Really, no one cares ... except for of course ... Mysteryman. It's typical of the chip he wears on his shoulder and he is always trying to start a fight over something that is just as about this important.

I finally got so I wasn't responding to him at all because his replies, answers, and comments all rate right up there with who gives a flying fukk!! I finally told him that he wasn't worth answering, and he asked me a great question. He asked me "Why do you keep responding then??"

That was a great question ... and here is my answer. This is my last post in a Mysteryman Topic, and my last comment or reply to Mysteryman. He just isn't worthy of a comment or a reply, and he won't be getting them from me any more.

I suggest the rest of us that think Mysteryman is as brilliant as I do give him the respect he deserves ... NONE!! Far as I'm concerned, he's on lifetime ignore!!

That should take care of that as far as I'm concerned!! You all can piddle around with this gnats ass if you wish!!

Anon
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:20 pm
woiyo wrote:
Montana wrote:
Here's MM's thread title

"Democrat lawmaker attacks police officer"

Now, I wouldn't have even touched this thread if I hadn't seen the first word "Democrat". When I see this I see someone putting all democrats in the same category as this woman and the only reason MM had any interest in the subject at all is simply because the woman is a democrat.
Bottom line is that MM posted this thread in spite just to get a rise out of people and I would gather it takes a miserable person to do that.

Why so defensive? The title is correctly stated. She is a Democrat and she attacked a police officer. If she was republican, the title would read Rupublican lawmaker attacks police officer.

Are you that alligned to the democratic party that the title would be offensive to you?

The title should read "Lawmaker attacks police officer", don't you think?

My point is that MM wouldn't have posted that article here if the article read "Lawmaker attacks police officer". I'm also sure he wouldn't have even bothered reading it if that word "democrat" wasn't calling his name.

In turn, he was looking to pick a fight.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:22 pm
Montana wrote:
I'm also sure he wouldn't have even bothered reading it if that word "democrat" wasn't calling his name.

Nice turn of phrase there, i enjoyed that.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:24 pm
By the way, you can always see the conservative screed comin' down the street--they don't write Democratic lawmaker, which is the proper title, they always write things such as "Democrat lawmaker." It's code among the reactionaries--it says: "Look out, one of those bastards is doin' it again!"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:28 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:33 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:

I'm thinking there must have been witnesses. Ah well, it'll all come out in court.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 03:35 pm
Setanta wrote:
It's code among the reactionaries--it says: "Look out, one of those bastards is doin' it again!"

I can't stop laughing! This is hilarious Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 04:09 pm
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060401/i/r1533894256.jpg
McKinney Case Goes to Federal Prosecutor
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 04:38 pm
Capitol police ask for arrest warrant for McKinney

But wait - it just keeps on getting better:

McKinney Admits Misusing Taxpayer Money
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 04:59 pm
Nice little smear campaign you guys have going on the representatives of our great nation. But these tactics have proven the only way republicans can win. Lies and slander.

http://bioguide.congress.gov/bioguide/photo/M/M000523.jpg
McKINNEY, Cynthia Ann, a Representative from Georgia; born in Atlanta, Fulton County, Ga., March 17, 1955; graduated St. Joseph High School; B.A., University of Southern California, Los Angeles, Calif., 1978; attended Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Medford, Mass.; diplomatic fellow, Spellman College, Atlanta, Ga., 1984; faculty member, Clark Atlanta University and Agnes Scott College; member of the Georgia state house of representatives, 1988-1992; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Third and to the four succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1993-January 3, 2003); unsuccessful candidate for nomination to the One Hundred Eighth Congress in 2002; elected as a Democrat to the One Hundred Ninth Congress (January 3, 2005-present).
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 05:28 pm
Amigo, lemme ask ya, partner, what part of the documented misdeeds of Rep. McKinney which have been reported here constitute lies and slander? Her multiply witnessed, videotaped assault on a swworn peace officer engaged in the disccharge of official duty? Her voluntary admission of misuse of Federal Funds? Just what that has been mentioned here constitutes lies and slander?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 05:43 pm
Quote:
McKinney, 51, scuffled with a police officer on March 29 when she entered a House office building without her identifying lapel pin and did not stop when asked. Several police sources said the officer, who was not identified, asked her three times to stop. When she kept going, he placed a hand somewhere on her and she hit him, according to the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Was the police officer not identified as a police officer or do they mean in this quote they are not saying who the police officer is? If the police officer was not identified, for all she knew, it was just some guy grabbing her. We also don't know if she hit him by accident, she may have had to turn around and in doing so, accidently striking the police officer. We really don't know yet.

In any event, so far, she has not been charged.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 05:47 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Amigo, lemme ask ya, partner, what part of the documented misdeeds of Rep. McKinney which have been reported here constitute lies and slander? Her multiply witnessed, videotaped assault on a swworn peace officer engaged in the disccharge of official duty? Her voluntary admission of misuse of Federal Funds? Just what that has been mentioned here constitutes lies and slander?

I didn't know there was a videotape of the incident? where?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 05:47 pm
Rep. McKinney is the most outspoken Rep. in Washington. She is extremely outspoken on Iraq and the official story of the 9/11.

Thats a problem. We can't be having a Rep. in Washington really representing the people. So one way or another shes got to go.

This is Bush, Rove politics; Coordinated Lies, Slander, chaos and disinformation but the people get wiser everyday.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 05:51 pm
The Screwing of Cynthia McKinney
By Greg Palast, AlterNet
Wednesday, June 18, 2003
E-Mail Article
Printer Friendly Version

Have you heard about Cynthia McKinney, former U.S. Congresswoman?

According to those quoted on National Public Radio, McKinney's "a loose cannon" (media expert) who "the people of Atlanta are embarrassed and disgusted" (politician) by, and she is also "loony" and "dangerous" (senator from her own party).

Yow! And why is McKinney dangerous/loony/disgusting? According to NPR, "McKinney implied that the [Bush] Administration knew in advance about September 11 and deliberately held back the information."

The New York Times' Lynette Clemetson revealed her comments went even further over the edge: "Ms. McKinney suggest[ed] that President Bush might have known about the September 11 attacks but did nothing so his supporters could make money in a war."

That's loony, all right. As an editor of the highly respected Atlanta Journal Constitution told NPR, McKinney's "practically accused the President of murder!"

Problem is, McKinney never said it.

That's right. The "quote" from McKinney is a complete fabrication. A whopper, a fabulous fib, a fake, a flim-flam. Just freakin' made up.

Hi, Lynette. My name is Greg Palast, and I wanted to follow up on a story of yours. It says, let's see, after the opening -- it's about Cynthia McKinney -- it's dated Washington byline August 21. "McKinney's [opponent] capitalized on the furor caused by Miss McKinney's suggestion this year that President Bush might have known about the September 11 attacks but did nothing so his supporters could make money in a war." Now, I have been trying my darndest to find this phrase . . . I can't. . .

Lynette Clemetson, New York Times: Did you search the Atlanta Journal Constitution?

Yes, but I haven't been able to find that statement.
I've heard that statement--it was all over the place.

I know it was all over the place, except no one can find it and that's why I'm concerned. Now did you see the statement in the Atlanta Journal Constitution?

Yeah....

[Note: No such direct quote from McKinney can be found in the Atlanta Journal Constitution.]

And did you confirm this with McKinney?

Well, I worked with her office. The statement is from the floor of the House [of Representatives].... Right?

So did you check the statement from the Floor of the House?

I mean I wouldn't have done the story. . . . Have you looked at House transcripts?

Yes. Did you check that?

Of course.

You did check it?

[Note: No such McKinney statement can be found in the transcripts or other records of the House of Representatives.]
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 05:58 pm
Amigo wrote:
Rep. McKinney is the most outspoken Rep. in Washington. She is extremely outspoken on Iraq and the official story of the 9/11.

Thats a problem. We can't be having a Rep. in Washington really representing the people. So one way or another shes got to go.

This is Bush, Rove politics; Coordinated Lies, Slander, chaos and disinformation but the people get wiser everyday.

This wouldn't surprise me either.
0 Replies