Should War Supporters be Drafted into Active War Service

roger

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:35 pm
Sure, Anon. He's in the a2k avatar gallery - under animals, I believe. Thanks for asking first. Not necessary, but appreciated.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:37 pm
Amigo wrote:
You want to turn a conservative into a liberal?????

SEND THEM TO IRAQ!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I got a million of'em

Of course, if you want to turn a liberal into a conservative, let them get mugged - just once.

I got a gazillion Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:40 pm
Alright then give me two more.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:46 pm
Just how big you think a gazillion is?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:48 pm
Hold ,i'm going to Google a gazillon.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 10:51 pm
DAMN YOU CONSERVATIVES. DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mgazilli.html
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:01 pm
ga·zil·lion Audio pronunciation of "gazillion" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-zlyn)
n.

Informal. An indefinitely large number: "The crowd cheered wildly... as gazillions of balloons poured down from the rafters" (Tom Shales).

--------------------------------------------------

So roger owes us at least a few more.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 29 Mar, 2006 11:02 pm
BTW I have been mugged and more than once and I am still a liberal.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:00 am
Another Topic!!!

SUPPORTING THE TROOPS

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about71996.html

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:01 am
roger wrote:
Sure, Anon. He's in the a2k avatar gallery - under animals, I believe. Thanks for asking first. Not necessary, but appreciated.

Thanks Roger,

I just wanted to ask first ...

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:03 am
roger wrote:
Amigo wrote:
You want to turn a conservative into a liberal?????

SEND THEM TO IRAQ!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I got a million of'em

Of course, if you want to turn a liberal into a conservative, let them get mugged - just once.

I got a gazillion Laughing

A Gazillion ... That's how much we're going to spend before we get out of Iraq Shocked

Anon
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:15 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
roger wrote:

Thanks Roger,

Anon

Geez. Now I'm going to be inclined to think the post is going to contain a reasoned and level-headed response, simply based on my quick glance at the avatar.

Then I'll read the post, and quickly realize my mistake ....
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 01:25 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
roger wrote:

Thanks Roger,

Anon

Geez. Now I'm going to be inclined to think the post is going to contain a reasoned and level-headed response, simply based on my quick glance at the avatar.

Then I'll read the post, and quickly realize my mistake ....

Well. Well ... It's one of our brave "Couch Commanders". Have you made plans to sign up and ship out to Iraq yet?? They need brave he-men like you to sign up and get the enlistment quota up a bit. They seem to have a bit of trouble finding bodies, and since you're so gung-ho, I would think you could hardly wait to get in the action over there!! I would think you would want to show some courage in your sincere heartfelt convictions there. When can we count on you leaving??

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:27 am
McGentrix wrote:
Do you guys all fight your own fires? I sure hope you don't rely on the fire department to come put your house out if it catches fire. I suppose you catch your own criminals? Sure hope you don't expect the Police to arrest someone for mugging you.

I guess I never realized how self-reliant Liberals were in that they did everything for themselves instead of those that choose to perform their jobs.

If you are not a policeman, or a Fireman, why aren't you?

Your analogy is dumb. If there were a fire, and there were some kind of firefigjting means available, of course I would do something about it. That however is the difference between you and me ... I serve ... you talk!!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:29 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Do you guys all fight your own fires? I sure hope you don't rely on the fire department to come put your house out if it catches fire. I suppose you catch your own criminals? Sure hope you don't expect the Police to arrest someone for mugging you.

I guess I never realized how self-reliant Liberals were in that they did everything for themselves instead of those that choose to perform their jobs.

If you are not a policeman, or a Fireman, why aren't you?

because i'm not one of the people that was cheering the Fire Chief to go to the other side of town and start a fire.

in the wrong house.

and to ignore a big effin' fire 2 doors down.

that's why.

what is your reason, smokey ?

You're using logic ... you might as well forget it!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:32 am
blacksmithn wrote:
But no shame that you've chosen to send others to die for a lie in your stead... And not just that, but to cheer on the Great Leader who sends them off to war with the lie on his lips.

Pardon me, but your moral angst seems misplaced.

It is the usual SOP for chickenhawks to hide under mommies skirts while they send others off to do the bleeding and dying!! That's why they earn the endearment of "chickenhawk"!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 03:27 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Did anyone read realjohnboy's post? There is no draft. People signed up to be in the military of their own choosing. Each person decided that they wanted a career as a WARRIOR.

Then again, there probably were some people who thought that being in the military was a cushy way to garner some government benefits, never realizing that they might be called upon to do what they signed on to do. Fight!

I am totally against the draft. I think that it is a form of slavery. But if you CHOOSE that career, you need to realize the ramifications, before signing on the dotted line.

I have a hard time reconciling that conservatives trumpet the fact these soldiers volunteer so liberals shouldn't cluck over them being in war, but are also supposed to sympathize with and cluck over their woundings and deaths. Why.... if that's what they volunteered for? Conservatives scream at anti war people that we're supposed to support our troops out of one side of their mouths... and that we should stop whining because after all these guys volunteered out of the other side of their mouths....
as usual... no consistency.

And I'm not picking a fight with you Phoenix... your post just reminded me of it.....

I really like this pair of quotes. I wanted to comment on them tonight, but my eyes keep blurring out. I'm pooped, I will resume tomorrow. For all of those with all the quality posts, my most sincere gratitude!!

Anon
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:40 am
Amigo wrote:
The military;

B.B.P.W

Black, Brown and Poor Whites.

So,are you saying that the only people in the service are there because they couldnt do anything else?
Or are you saying that only the poor or minorities join the service?

Either way,you are dead wrong.

But,I gotta ask anyway...
Which category did John Kerry,Al Gore,your beloved anon,Teddy Roosevelt Jr,and others fit in?

They must fit into one of your definitions,since you claimed to know what the military was made of.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:00 am
I am reminded of my ex boss, a lady who believes every word out of the corner of Bush's mouth: "I would sacrifice my son over there."
My reply to her, "The military is made of fighting women too. Why not sacrifice yourself instead?"
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:29 am
Welcome back, Anon!
Been offline for a couple of days. A nice surprise to come back tonight & find that you're back! Very Happy
0 Replies