Should War Supporters be Drafted into Active War Service

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:11 pm
I am astounded at the number of War Mongers that preach and stump for war that have have never served a day in military service, and have never been on a battlefield.

These chickenhawks sit on their sated arses and vote to send our young folks to bleed and die for ill considered causes without thinking about what the consequences are ... both for those that they send to bleed and die for them, and the country itself.

I think that those that support war should be required to serve in that war, on the battlefield ... regardless of age and condition. They can be of use, even if it is to walk the mind field in front ofthe troops.

I've had it with these mindless folks who have no concept of what they ask of their youth. They don't think ... they just sit here and quiver in fear and let themselves be manipulated by the evil and venal folk like Bush and his criminal crew.

What do you think? Send them to war, or let them Chicken ??

Anon
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,971 • Replies: 233
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 07:22 pm
pack 'em up... move 'em out...
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:19 pm
hah! it would certainly change a lot of opinions pretty fast...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:22 pm
http://www.ab.lst.se/upload/bilder/lansstyrelsen_och_lanet/english/worm.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:35 pm
Excellent idea, Anon. In fact, I think that service to the country would be an excellent precondition to selecting the people who select the people to go to war for them. No serve; no vote.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:35 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
pack 'em up... move 'em out...

Rightwingers are always talking about taking responsibility ... I think they should be required to take responsibility for their votes, their positions, and their willingness to make war. They should be required to shoulder the effort. They should be the ones to do the bleeding, and the dying.

They talk about responsibility, but they have no idea what it really means. They mean other people should take the responsibility, not themselves!!

It's time they put up, or shut up!

Anon
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:37 pm
Bet'cha thought I was going to argue.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:37 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
hah! it would certainly change a lot of opinions pretty fast...

It would at least make them think about their vote before they cast it. There's nothing like a little involvement to help make an informed decision ... wouldn't you say??

Anon
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:39 pm
All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)

Paul Bäumer: You still think it's beautiful to die for your country. The first bombardment taught us better. When it comes to dying for country, it's better not to die at all.
Katczinsky: At the next war let all the Kaisers, presidents and generals and diplomats go into a big field and fight it out first among themselves. That will satisfy us and keep us at home.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:42 pm
roger wrote:
Excellent idea, Anon. In fact, I think that service to the country would be an excellent precondition to selecting the people who select the people to go to war for them. No serve; no vote.

roger wrote:
Bet'cha thought I was going to argue.

Roger my friend,

You are one of the very few conservatives in this board that command my respect! I don't care that you disagree with me, when at least you've thought about these things and have given consideration to both sides of an issue. Unlike most conservatives here, you know the difference between sound bytes, manipulation ... and perceptive thinking.

My respects Sir, you are a Gentleman!

Anon
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:47 pm
Operation Yellow Elephant
I finally decided to participate in Operation Yellow Elephant, and I think I successfully ticked off the republicans a bit. I went to their callout and spent a few minutes trying to recruit soldiers for Iraq after the meeting; unfortunately, they had a BOUNCER at their callout, who decided to shut me down. I was called insensitive, Michael Moore, and other nasty names.

Watch the video.

Yellow Elephant, Iraq, College Republicans http://neatthings.blogspot.com/2005/08/operation-yellow-elephant.html
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:51 pm
blacksmithn wrote:

Paul Bäumer: You still think it's beautiful to die for your country. The first bombardment taught us better. When it comes to dying for country, it's better not to die at all.
Katczinsky: At the next war let all the Kaisers, presidents and generals and diplomats go into a big field and fight it out first among themselves. That will satisfy us and keep us at home.

I haven't seen you since forever! Nice to see you surface here!

Anon
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 09:29 pm
Many of them are quick to say "Let's you and him fight."
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 10:01 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Many of them are quick to say "Let's you and him fight."

go get 'em boys!!! yeaaaaaaaayyyyyyy team !
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:34 pm
blacksmithn wrote:

Yeah! I always though it would be a neat idea to lock Sadamm Hussein and George Bush in a room together. I wonder what would happen. It could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Maybe they could make a movie about it.

I think that the U.S. went into Iraq with too few troops because putting adequate troops in may have meant the neccesity for a draft, something unpopular with war-mongers. War is great, so long as you or your kids don't have to fight.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:39 pm
Do you guys all fight your own fires? I sure hope you don't rely on the fire department to come put your house out if it catches fire. I suppose you catch your own criminals? Sure hope you don't expect the Police to arrest someone for mugging you.

I guess I never realized how self-reliant Liberals were in that they did everything for themselves instead of those that choose to perform their jobs.

If you are not a policeman, or a Fireman, why aren't you?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 02:55 pm
False analogy.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:10 pm
Really? When you drive by a fire and see the firemen hard at work, risking their lives, do you support them? Do you expect them to do the job the volunteered to do? Do you have faith that are trained to do their jobs so you don't have to do it for them?

More likely, knowing you, you merely sneer at them and make rude comments about how they do their job, how they bungled putting a certain fire out, or question the fire chief because he isn't out fighting the fires himself.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 03:59 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Do you guys all fight your own fires? I sure hope you don't rely on the fire department to come put your house out if it catches fire. I suppose you catch your own criminals? Sure hope you don't expect the Police to arrest someone for mugging you.

I guess I never realized how self-reliant Liberals were in that they did everything for themselves instead of those that choose to perform their jobs.

If you are not a policeman, or a Fireman, why aren't you?

because i'm not one of the people that was cheering the Fire Chief to go to the other side of town and start a fire.

in the wrong house.

and to ignore a big effin' fire 2 doors down.

that's why.

what is your reason, smokey ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Mar, 2006 04:30 pm
Good one, DTOM, that one cracked me up . . .
0 Replies