Should War Supporters be Drafted into Active War Service

Amigo

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:00 am
Alright seriously now guys. Jokes over. Put down your lattes and get on the plane. Were shipping your asses to Bagdad. Laughing

Singal file people, no pushing! Mcgentrix your fist buddy. Tico, quit that sobbing! suck it up son. FREEDOMS ON THE MARCH.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 10:18 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I am reminded of my ex boss, a lady who believes every word out of the corner of Bush's mouth: "I would sacrifice my son over there."
My reply to her, "The military is made of fighting women too. Why not sacrifice yourself instead?"

Great response, Edgar. Can we assume she suddenly went quiet and made a weird face?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:42 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I am reminded of my ex boss, a lady who believes every word out of the corner of Bush's mouth: "I would sacrifice my son over there."
My reply to her, "The military is made of fighting women too. Why not sacrifice yourself instead?"

She may be to old,she may be medically unable,she may be a vet already.
You dont know for sure,so why are you saying she wont serve?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 02:52 pm
Montana wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Great response, Edgar. Can we assume she suddenly went quiet and made a weird face?

Did you thank the old lady for the service and sacrifice her son made?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 03:26 pm
Woiyo
I didn't hear anything about what the son might think or be willing to sacrifice and I can't think of one reason why I should thank this woman!
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 03:47 pm
woiyo wrote:
Montana wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

Did you thank the old lady for the service and sacrifice her son made?

Wioyo,

She said she WOULD sacrifice her son, not that she DID sacrifice her son. Maybe we should ask her son if he would like to be sacrificed over there for good old MOM!!! Maybe he has different ideas about that!!

Anon
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 03:49 pm
Montana wrote:
Woiyo
I didn't hear anything about what the son might think or be willing to sacrifice and I can't think of one reason why I should thank this woman!

You really can't think of one little reason to thank the woman? Her son did sacrifice a few years of his youth, didn't he?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 03:49 pm
msolga wrote:
Welcome back, Anon!
Been offline for a couple of days. A nice surprise to come back tonight & find that you're back! Very Happy

Hi MsOlga,

Thanks for the welcome back, it's good to be back in the saddle and answering the points raised inthe Topic! You're a peach!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 03:51 pm
woiyo wrote:
Montana wrote:
Woiyo

You really can't think of one little reason to thank the woman? Her son did sacrifice a few years of his youth, didn't he?

That's NOT what the post said Woiyo.

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 04:08 pm
Montana wrote:
Woiyo

Montana,

Thank you for your warm welcome back as well. I tried to start that topic we talked about, but the moderators deleted it. So much for being able to clarify the matter. Thank you for standing in for me when the chickenhawks were on full attack and I couldn't respond. You're one of my best buddies!! All the attackers have done is make themselves look stupid, and have come away looking worse for the matter!!

I'm with you. Even if the kid had died there, the old lady made no sacrifice ... the kid did. Frankly, I think the mother would be a massive parental failure if 1) The kid had been in the military, 2) died in the military.

I frankly think that if the parent didn't make it possible for that child to achieve a higher education, and open up further possibilities, they failed the child. Letting a child join the military is the ULTIMATE failure, leading to the possible maiming, or death of that child. These poor kids that get all enamoured with the lies and the bullshit fed to them by these smarmy, lowlife, lying recruiters are a national failure. It's an educational failure, it's a failure to provide peaceful opportunities, it's a national moral collapse, and a national failure to peacefully conduct itself!!

Anon
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 04:28 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Montana wrote:
Woiyo

I frankly think that if the parent didn't make it possible for that child to achieve a higher education, and open up further possibilities, they failed the child. Letting a child join the military is the ULTIMATE failure.

Anon

You sound very bitter, Anon. Perhaps your experiences in the miltary led you to the conclusion you noted above. For what it is worth, I think you are totally wrong.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 04:35 pm
Quote:
I frankly think that if the parent didn't make it possible for that child to achieve a higher education, and open up further possibilities, they failed the child. Letting a child join the military is the ULTIMATE failure, leading to the possible maiming, or death of that child. These poor kids that get all enamoured with the lies and the bullshit fed to them by these smarmy, lowlife, lying recruiters are a national failure. It's an educational failure, it's a failure to provide peaceful opportunities, it's a national moral collapse, and a national failure to peacefully conduct itself!!

This has to be the biggest bunch of bull you have ever posted,and that says a lot.

The military is an honorable career,and nothing you can say changes that.
A person comes out of the service with some self confidence,a person joining the service can get training in almost any thing they want.
The service provides free college education if you want,thru the GI Bill and thru the courses you can take on the various bases.
The navy has proffessors,from accredited colleges,sailing on aircraft carriers,so you can go to college on ship if you want.

There are the service academies,where EVERY graduate comes out with a degree in engineering mostly.

I admit the military isnt for everyone,including you (thats why I dont believe you ever served),but for you to say that "Letting a child join the military is the ULTIMATE failure" is an insult to every person that has ever served.

Even in a civilian proffession,or daily life,there is a chance things could happen "leading to the possible maiming, or death of that child."
Kids die playing high school sports,more people die in auto crashes yearly then have died in the service in Iraq.
Is it a failure of parenting when kids die in accidents on the road,or get maimed for life playing high school sports?

Acording to your logic,it is.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:49 pm
She didn't sacrifice her son. The son had no intention of going. But she could go. She's healthy enough to take side jobs cleaning. She don't have to ride an unarmored Hummer; she could work in the mess hall or laundry even. If a bomber gets to her then, her fondest dream still would be realized.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:57 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
She didn't sacrifice her son. The son had no intention of going. But she could go. She's healthy enough to take side jobs cleaning. She don't have to ride an unarmored Hummer; she could work in the mess hall or laundry even. If a bomber gets to her then, her fondest dream still would be realized.

If she is over the age limit,then all the wishful thinking,all of the hope you have that she get hurt,is for naught.

Nobody that is over the age limit can enlist,no matter what the reasons are they want to enlist.

You know that,you are just trying to make the woman (who isnt here to defend herself I notice),look bad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:01 pm
mysteryman - You project a desire on me that she gets hurt. I am speaking hypothetically, ridiculing, nothing more. But your ugly mind has to make it something more than that. Typical right wing jumping the gun. Fight first, think later.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:06 pm
Why does edgar make that woman look bad? She wants to volunteer her son to serve in Iraq? Does her son still suckle on her teats or is he old enough to make his own decisions?

A couple of years ago, our son was talking about going back into the service after 12 years. Even though I disagreed with it, I did not tell him not to. He's a major, and old enough to make his own decisions.

I'm happy to say he's still in Austin working for UT.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:09 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
mysteryman - You project a desire on me that she gets hurt. I am speaking hypothetically, ridiculing, nothing more. But your ugly mind has to make it something more than that. Typical right wing jumping the gun. Fight first, think later.

And that is typical from the left.
Ridicule someone that cannot defend themselves.

You say she should go to Iraq,knowing that people are getting hurt and killed over there.
If you didnt secretly hope she would get hurt,you wouldnt advocate her going.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:14 pm
Edgar, the problem you are running into here is having an 8th grade education. You and I are sufficently highly educated to the point where communicating with lesser educated folks is very difficult. If everyone on this forum had an 8th grade education like you and me Edgar it would be a far more pleasant world to live in.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:20 pm
I barely passed the seventh grade; I now understand why it's so difficult to communicate with all those intellectual types with a college education. Thank you, dys, for finally letting me understand that the problem lies with my inability to communicate.

I sure fooled a whole lot of people; I worked in management during most of my working career.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:26 pm
You say the woman cannot defend herself. You don't know that. You have never spoken with her and don't know my current relationship with her, so, again, you are jumping the gun.
0 Replies