Questions about Homosexuality

nimh

Reply Mon 20 Mar, 2006 08:07 pm
Well, re: LW/Chumly, I can imagine myself with a man, though I've never tried (not since I was 12, anyway ;-)) - but I will never, never give up on women <sighs>

Guess I fit somewhere in the exception too ...

I like the whole gradation/scale kinda thing Chumly brings in too. And <nodding> at

Chumly wrote:
I assert that the terms heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual are rather vague and inaccurate generalizations at the best of times.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 12:26 am
Just like Jake Gyllenhaal stated that he was straight but if he found himself attracted to a man, he would not be afraid.

It is fear, and those in denial of the fear itself should stop transferring it to indignant proclamations that they are repelled by the thought of gay sex. I don't have to say it again, do I? They would also be repelled by the though of their parents having sex.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 12:27 am
Those who worry constantly that someone out there is having sex and enjoying it, gay or straight, should seek therepy or drink a lot.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:12 am
Here is a new biological anomaly...

Lately doctors in hospital birthing rooms have noticed a strange occurrence. Mothers have been giving birth to babies that have not matched their own DNA...

They puzzled over this phenomenon until they decided to draw blood from the other wrist of the mothers and found the mothers had two types of DNA! Why? Because they had an identical twins perfectly super imposed inside them. One twin took the role of sexuality, personality etc...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:14 am
A link please? Or lay off the Cabernet.

Didn't your English teachers tell you to lay of the ... or are you become dotty?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:16 am
Lightwizard wrote:
A link please? Or lay off the Cabernet.

I was told it two weeks ago by an emergency room doctor friend of mine, over a bottle of Cabernet... Smile

I will ask him about it again though..
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:18 am
Okay, I will wait with baited breath. Perhaps tainted with a bit of Pinot Noir.

Once you've confirmed this with empirical evidence, would you please tell us what relevance it has here?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:19 am
I'll bet he was pulling my leg, do you think?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:21 am
If you felt a tug. I think he might be.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:22 am
(And I'd check to see if the DNA matches either L. Ron Hubbard or Tom Cruise).
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:25 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Okay, I will wait with baited breath. Perhaps tainted with a bit of Pinot Noir.

Once you've confirmed this with empirical evidence, would you please tell us what relevance it has here?

DNA and multiple simultaneous egg fertilizations could answer things like sexual preference and the gamut thereof, multiple personalities, genetic mutation/evolution even past life experiences and some spirituality.

We may all have "twins" within us in varying degrees...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 01:34 am
Lightwizard wrote:
(And I'd check to see if the DNA matches either L. Ron Hubbard or Tom Cruise).

What are they gay too? With an name like "Tom Cruise", it sounds like it... Smile
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 06:45 am
RexRed wrote:
Here is a new biological anomaly...

Lately doctors in hospital birthing rooms have noticed a strange occurrence. Mothers have been giving birth to babies that have not matched their own DNA...

They puzzled over this phenomenon until they decided to draw blood from the other wrist of the mothers and found the mothers had two types of DNA! Why? Because they had an identical twins perfectly super imposed inside them. One twin took the role of sexuality, personality etc...

Guh?

It sounds as if you're talking about chimeras. They occur naturally. Their occurence is probably more prevalent than originally thought, because not all chimeras exhibit characteristics that are visible to the naked eye.

Chimeras occur when two fertilised eggs fuse together in the womb. There is no superimposition. It's two eggs fusing together. The cells differentiate (become different cell types) as the oocyte develops into a blastocyst, into a zygote, into an embryo and into a fetus (I think I may have got the terms in the wrong order). During this time, the fused eggs contribute their cells to the body.

So you get a mish-mash. A person whose skin comprises of cells that were contributed by one egg and cells from the other egg. You may have someone with a left eye that has a different eye-colour to the other.

What you've come up with RexRed is an interesting proposition. Yet chimeras are not that prevalent, so it cannot explain the sexual attraction of all the homosexuals in existence.

Still, further research into the possibilities would be a good idea...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 08:50 am
echi wrote:
JB and Lash--
Based on these examples, it is hard for me to see how a gay man's attraction to another man might be similar to a straight man's attraction to a woman. I have a pretty good imagination, but I cannot imagine any situation that might cause me to decide to have sex with a man, let alone a relationship (however fake).

echi, you don't need to imagine a situation that might cause you to decide to have sex or a relationship with a man. The only thing any of us needs to imagine is that someone else might be attracted to someone of the same sex as passionately as we are attracted to those of the opposite sex. Then, once we can accept that those who are attracted to each other are not hurting you, me, or anyone else, we should imagine them having a loving relationship with the same rights and blessings that you and I enjoy.

It's simple really, two people are attracted to each other, they decide to have a casual or meaningful relationship together. What difference does it make which sex chromosomes they were born with or how they are wired?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 09:07 am
What echi is experiencing is transferance in trying to disalow others from living their own private life, with no desire to injur him or destory any of his beliefs. Each individual has to come to grips with their beliefs and the change has to come from within them.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 11:22 am
Lightwizard wrote:
What echi is experiencing is transferance in trying to disalow others from living their own private life, with no desire to injur him or destory any of his beliefs. Each individual has to come to grips with their beliefs and the change has to come from within them.

What a giant load of crap. Why don't you stop trying to pigeonhole everyone? An apology and a retraction would be kinda nice, as well.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 11:30 am
J_B wrote:
echi wrote:
JB and Lash--
Based on these examples, it is hard for me to see how a gay man's attraction to another man might be similar to a straight man's attraction to a woman. I have a pretty good imagination, but I cannot imagine any situation that might cause me to decide to have sex with a man, let alone a relationship (however fake).

echi, you don't need to imagine a situation that might cause you to decide to have sex or a relationship with a man. The only thing any of us needs to imagine is that someone else might be attracted to someone of the same sex as passionately as we are attracted to those of the opposite sex. Then, once we can accept that those who are attracted to each other are not hurting you, me, or anyone else, we should imagine them having a loving relationship with the same rights and blessings that you and I enjoy.

It's simple really, two people are attracted to each other, they decide to have a casual or meaningful relationship together. What difference does it make which sex chromosomes they were born with or how they are wired?

What difference does it make? I don't know. Probably not much. But, I had the idea that it was somehow related to the subject being discussed. Maybe I was wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 11:33 am
OK, so, like, if there are gay marriages, will homosexuals next change the legislation so that complete lack of taste in interior decorating is grounds for divorce?

Will dykes be able to sever the tie that binds because one partner found the other was not actually changing her own oil, but had taken the old beater to Jiffy Lube?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 12:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
OK, so, like, if there are gay marriages, will homosexuals next change the legislation so that complete lack of taste in interior decorating is grounds for divorce?

Honey, back away from the deer head.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 21 Mar, 2006 12:30 pm
echi wrote:
J_B wrote:

What difference does it make? I don't know. Probably not much. But, I had the idea that it was somehow related to the subject being discussed. Maybe I was wrong.

Smile no, dahling, what difference does it make to you?
0 Replies