Victory in Iraq is OURS!!!

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:18 pm
Is it deja vous or did you just make that same post in a different thread?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:21 pm
I've taken up Republican tactics. If I say something enough times, it makes it true, even if it's a blatent lie.

Violence After Mosque Attack Kills 111

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2006/02/23/international/i091412S16.DTL

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/24/iraq/main541815.shtml

Everybody have Happy Happy Positive thoughts now. This is just the horrible leftist press trying to be negative.

Everything is just fine and everyone is happy!! Be sure and smile, and above all, think happy happy thoughts and be positive!!

We're running reruns of "Mr. Roberts Neighborhood" at 6PM. Be sure and watch to see how things really are in Iraq!

Anon
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:23 pm
Ah. I see. spamming.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:25 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Ah. I see. spamming.

I've taken up Republican tactics. If I say something enough times, it makes it true, even if it's a blatent lie.

Violence After Mosque Attack Kills 111

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2006/02/23/international/i091412S16.DTL

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/02/24/iraq/main541815.shtml

Everybody have Happy Happy Positive thoughts now. This is just the horrible leftist press trying to be negative.

Everything is just fine and everyone is happy!! Be sure and smile, and above all, think happy happy thoughts and be positive!!

We're running reruns of "Mr. Roberts Neighborhood" at 6PM. Be sure and watch to see how things really are in Iraq!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:29 pm
McG,

I got it from you, Ican7come11, Brandon. etc., etc., etc. ...

What's wrong McG, I'm just trying to think Happy Happy Thoughts and keep a Positive View of things Twisted Evil

Anon
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 12:31 pm
Is this the end of the fantasy of Iraq becoming a united democratic nation. If only the Morons in this administration had any inkling of the history and people of that nation they would have known better.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 01:03 pm
Zippo wrote:
Quote:
Now, do you deny that Saddam Hussein deliberately tried to cause as many deaths as possible, regardless of age, gender, or guilt for anything in Halabja?

Nope not as "many deaths as possible" he only killed his enemy, just as Bush is trying to do, he's on trial, and now its Bush's turn.

Its hard to distinguish between the two...

I guess those women and children were Hussein's enemies, then. Hard to distinguish between them except for the obviously trivial fact that one targets combatants with some accidental harm to civilans, as in every war in history, and the other specifically targets noncombatants including children.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 01:05 pm
NickFun wrote:
We ALL know that OUR God can beat up THEIR God. This is why we must makes them all Christians and Republicans.

Do you have a citation in which any Republican member of the government has said this or anything like this? Putting words in your opponent's mouth which are nothing like his actual words is an invalid way to argue. It says something about you, but nothing whatever about the Republicans in government.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 01:13 pm
au1929 wrote:
Is this the end of the fantasy of Iraq becoming a united democratic nation. If only the Morons in this administration had any inkling of the history and people of that nation they would have known better.

Reality sucks doesn't it! Too bad some just can't face it!!

Anon
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 01:21 pm
I am very glad people of your ilk are NOT in charge of foriegn affairs.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 01:26 pm
Brandon9000

Quote:
I guess those women and children were Hussein's enemies, then. Hard to distinguish between them except for the obviously trivial fact that one targets combatants with some accidental harm to civilans, as in every war in history, and the other specifically targets noncombatants including children.

Bush call's it 'Collateral Damage' why can't Hussein use that term ?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 03:44 pm
Zippo
It is time to stop the crap. Granted Bush should never have started the war and therefore we should never have been in this position. However, the fact is that we are engaged and unless you have been living in a cocoon you should know that collateral damage and casualties are inevitable. Particularly when the enemy does not wear uniforms and hides among the populance.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:43 pm
au1929

Quote:
Zippo
It is time to stop the crap. Granted Bush should never have started the war and therefore we should never have been in this position.

You're absolutely right ofcourse, Brandon's trying to drag me down to his level, and i took bait. Sad
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:56 pm
au1929 wrote:
the enemy does not wear uniforms and hides among the populance.

The "enemy" IS the populace!!!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 06:02 pm
au1929 wrote:

If the admin had looked for advice outside their PNAC circle, perhaps they would have had a clue.

Norman Schwarzkoph knew it.

Quote:
n a 1996 Frontline Special on The Gulf War General Norman Schwarzkoph spoke these prophetic words.

Gen. NORMAN SCHWARZKOPF: On the question of going to Baghdad_ if you remember the Vietnam war, we had no international legitimacy for what we did. As a result, we, first of all, lost the battle in world public opinion. Eventually, we lost the battle at home.

In the Gulf war, we had great international legitimacy in the form of eight United Nations resolutions, every one of which said, "Kick Iraq out of Kuwait." Did not say one word about going into Iraq, taking Baghdad, conquering the whole country and- and hanging Saddam Hussein. That's point number one.

Point number two- had we gone on to Baghdad, I don't believe the French would have gone and I'm quite sure that the Arab coalition would not have gone. The coalition would have ruptured and the only people that would have gone would have been the United Kingdom and the United States of America.

And, oh, by the way, I think we'd still be there. We'd be like a dinosaur in a tar pit. We could not have gotten out and we'd still be the occupying power and we'd be paying 100 percent of all the costs to administer all of Iraq.

If Dubya had only listened to his father.

Quote:
In his memoir, "A World Transformed," published in late 1998, George Bush Sr. wrote the following to explain why he didn't go after Saddam Hussein at the end of the Gulf War.

"Trying to eliminate Saddam...would have incurred incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably impossible.... We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect, rule Iraq.... There was no viable "exit strategy" we could see, violating another of our principles. Furthermore, we had been consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the post-Cold War world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally exceeding the United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the precedent of international response to aggression that we hoped to establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land."

But he didn't.

Quote:
Asked by Woodward, an assistant managing editor at the Washington Post, if he had ever consulted the former president before ordering the invasion of Iraq, Bush replied that "he is the wrong father to appeal to in terms of strength; there is a higher father that I appeal to."

Nope, he went ahead anyway. They fired the generals that advised against invasion, or that advised for a larger invasion force to assure we could maintain the peace post invasion.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 07:05 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

He gassed his own people!!!

Yes. To be more specific, he gassed his own people that were in league with that other person of the triumvirate axishead of evil, IRAN.

For its part, the US would rather MOAB these people instead.

I guess one can argue that MOABING is better than GASSING.

He intentionally killed everyone in an entire town, including women and children - not by mistake, but by design. We never kill non-combatants on purpose. I guess the babies were in league with Iran too, right?

MOABs do not distinguish between those that are in league with Iran, and their children.

Pathetically, you see no distinction between Hussein intentionally killing every living thing in a town, and us killing some civilians by mistake as has occurred in every war since the dawn of time.

Pathetically, to further your rhetoric you ignored the concession I made when I had written:

Quote:

Brandon wrote:
. . . one targets combatants with some accidental harm to civilans . . .

"Some accidental harm"--now there's a euphemism for you!-- to civilians wouldn't occur if one didn't target combatants among civilians in the first place. Harm to civilians is a secondary or tertiary concern to the US and coalition forces. The US and the coalition forces will target combatants regardless of whether there are civilians around. Heck, they'll even target presumed combatants, or even civilian areas that presumably have combatants, or presumed combatants. An entire apartment building was MOABed because it was presumed that Saddam was hiding out there during the early part of the invasion. Public buildings are regularly MOABed because it is presumed that combatants, or presumed combatants are located there, and civilians are KILLED. That is part and parcel of this war, however, and this war wasn't accidental; it was deliberately waged. Saying "some accidental harm" occurs to civilians in this war is a lot like saying that this war was waged accidentally.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 07:53 pm
You bloody people are NOT keeping HAPPY, HAPPY, POSITIVE thoughts. This is not allowed in our HAPPY, HAPPY, POSITIVE conservative, rightwing, Republican world. Just WTF is wrong with you people??

I'm going to report you to McGentrix, Brandon, and Okie if you don't change your ways immediately!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2006 08:02 pm
au1929 wrote:

AU,

I'm afraid the morons don't only inhabit the administration. The morons are maintaining HAPPY Smile , HAPPY Smile , POSITIVE Smile thoughts, so they don't have to worry about what the realities are. They don't have to worry about the fact that we are blowing our monetary future on a PNAC wetdream to make the rich oh, oh, so much richer!!

Ignorance is bliss as they say, and they are indeed, most ignorant !!

Anon
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 07:22 am
Zippo wrote:
Brandon9000

Quote:

Bush call's it 'Collateral Damage' why can't Hussein use that term ?

Because in Hussein's case it isn't collateral. He tried to get them. He intentionally attacked the whole town, knowing full well that the gas wouldn't exclude non-combatants, or even children. Only a fool would regard this as morally equivalent to the unintended and undesired loss of civilian life which has occurred in ever war.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 24 Feb, 2006 07:25 am
InfraBlue wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

He gassed his own people!!!

Yes. To be more specific, he gassed his own people that were in league with that other person of the triumvirate axishead of evil, IRAN.

For its part, the US would rather MOAB these people instead.

He intentionally killed everyone in an entire town, including women and children - not by mistake, but by design. We never kill non-combatants on purpose. I guess the babies were in league with Iran too, right?

MOABs do not distinguish between those that are in league with Iran, and their children.

Pathetically, you see no distinction between Hussein intentionally killing every living thing in a town, and us killing some civilians by mistake as has occurred in every war since the dawn of time.

Pathetically, to further your rhetoric you ignored the concession I made when I had written:

Quote:

Brandon wrote:
. . . one targets combatants with some accidental harm to civilans . . .

"Some accidental harm"--now there's a euphemism for you!-- to civilians wouldn't occur if one didn't target combatants among civilians in the first place. Harm to civilians is a secondary or tertiary concern to the US and coalition forces. The US and the coalition forces will target combatants regardless of whether there are civilians around. Heck, they'll even target presumed combatants, or even civilian areas that presumably have combatants, or presumed combatants. An entire apartment building was MOABed because it was presumed that Saddam was hiding out there during the early part of the invasion. Public buildings are regularly MOABed because it is presumed that combatants, or presumed combatants are located there, and civilians are KILLED. That is part and parcel of this war, however, and this war wasn't accidental; it was deliberately waged. Saying "some accidental harm" occurs to civilians in this war is a lot like saying that this war was waged accidentally.

Undesired harm to non-combatants has occurred in every war. Hussein carpbet bombed a town with chemical weapons, intentionally killing women and children. Only a person unable to make moral distinctions would consider the two equivalent.
0 Replies